Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Binge: What your college kids arent tell you

I dont know if anyone has read this book, i am about 1/2 through and am a current college student and have to say this is one of the most accurate books i have read about the "real" college life. I would recommend it to anyone who is either applying or entering college and also parents of college students should read it if they are interested. It is not only factual with studies performed but there is many details and also interviews with actual college students. The author goes to many different colleges across the country, both public and private
Old 09-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't read it. Sounds interessting though.
I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.
I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.
I.I.
SweetPea345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Passionate Fan

i definately think it is an interesting book and would recommend it to a lot of people. Gives you an inside scoop and as a college student i believe it is very accurate and makes some good points. I would love to hear if anyone else has read it, if they agree with me
Old 09-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

What is it about exactly? Eating disorders? Campus life? stress of academics? Frats/Soros? Living on campus?
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie2000
i definately think it is an interesting book and would recommend it to a lot of people. Gives you an inside scoop and as a college student i believe it is very accurate and makes some good points. I would love to hear if anyone else has read it, if they agree with me
cool i might have to check it out then.
I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.
I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.
I.I.
SweetPea345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

I would guess it is about binge drinking and stuff.. sounds interesting. I always had a blast when I went to visit my sister who went to Madison (#1 party school.. yet again)

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Passionate Fan

it is about res life, drinking, hooking up, emotional problems, drugs, date rape, inflated grades, how hard kids are studying, and many other different things. The book sheds light on what is going on, but it doesnt put college in a bad light. It informs but there are many case studies he looks at where college students are excelling and still having a normal college life, it definately is a book to read