Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Does anyone here read Amelia Atwater-Rhodes? I absolutely LOVE her books, and would love to discuss them! I can't wait until her new book, Falcondance, comes out on Tuesday! It should be good.
#1_fan_of_Lauren_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Addicted Fan

i read 2 or 3 of her book. They are Good.

Angie
Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Max/Liz, Brian/Justin, Charlie/Claire, Nancy/Hartigan, Wolverine/Rogue, Erik/Christine, Jack/Elizabeth, Mason/George, Mal/Kaylee Chiana/John, Peter/Claire, Daniel/Betty, Doctor/Rose, Bill/Sookie, Riddick/Jack, House/Cameron, Belle/Rumpelstiltskin
ANGELforBUFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Hello welcome to the board. I've added a link to this thread to the Help Desk which is a welcome thread, birthday thread and a list of links on the board. Make sure to drop in and introduce yourself and give us your birthday

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks! I will.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I have read all her books, and thanks for news of a new one. I'll have to go pick it up tomorrow. Anyway, I love all her books. I think she does amazing things with characters. I think Aubrey is one of my favorite literary characters of all time. Anyway, welcome to the board.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks. Aubrey's awesome! Do you like her vampire books, or shape-shifter books better? I'm not really partial to either, they're both great! I find it so amazing that she wrote "in the forests of the night" when she was 13! That's so neat. How many people can say that?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1_fan_of_Lauren_Graham
Thanks. Aubrey's awesome! Do you like her vampire books, or shape-shifter books better? I'm not really partial to either, they're both great! I find it so amazing that she wrote "in the forests of the night" when she was 13! That's so neat. How many people can say that?
LOL, I can, but I haven't had my books published yet. Maybe one day. Anyway, I like her vampire books better, but the Kiesha'Ra are really good too, I just love the characters she did in the Vampire books, they had so many more dimensions than Zane and Danica in my eyes, but I still love them too. There just isn't a really good bad guy like there was with Aubrey. He was just so cool, lol. I think I had a crush.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

That awesome! Actually, my friend is writing a book (she's 14) but, still. Cool that you have! Aubrey can do that to you! He's very alluring.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Here is some information on Falcondance from Amazon.com, just in case anyone is interested.

Editorial Reviews

From School Library Journal
Grade 7-10–The intricate power struggles between various breeds of avian shapeshifters continue in this third book in the series. Nicias, 19, son of Kel and Sebastian, falcons who were stripped of their falcon magic and exiled from their homeland of Ahnmik, is one of the personal guards to Oliza, heir to the avian and serpiente thrones. He is loyal to her despite never having felt at home in Wyvern's Court. He has inherited his parents' magic and it will destroy him unless he can learn to control it. His parents reluctantly send him to Ahnmik to be taught to bind it by his grandmother, the Empress, and her heir, Lady Araceli. Nicias finds himself torn between his duty to Oliza and the political manipulation and newfound power he discovers as a royal heir on Ahnmik. His only ally is Darien, an exiled member of the Empress's royal guard. Despite the many characters in the series (a family tree is included), the personalities are uniquely drawn and the mythological avian world is vividly described. Characters from Hawksong (2003) and Snakecharm (2004, both Delacorte) return briefly and events from those books are recapped. This title lacks the compelling romance found in Hawksong, and focuses more on the history of the avian conflicts.–Sharon Rawlins, Piscataway Public Library, NJ
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

Book Description
Nicias has never felt completely at home among the avians and serpiente in Wyvern’s Court, despite his loyalty to Oliza Shardae Cobriana, the heir to both thrones. He is a falcon, the son of two exiles from Anhmik–and images of this distant island have always haunted his dreams. But when Nicias’s visions become more like reality, his parents have no choice but to send him back to the homeland–and a royal falcon–they’ve tried their best to forget.
If Araceli won’t bind Nicias’s newfound magic, it could destroy him. In a place where everyone is a pawn, only one other woman has the potential to save Nicias. But she holds the keys to a dangerous power struggle that will force Nicias to choose between his duty–and his destiny.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:12 AM
New Fan

All books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.

I love her.Especially Demon In My view and Shattered Mirror.
Soo much detail and description. Most of her books SHOULD
be turned in2 movies. i think they'd really sell.
I mean A lovestruck Vampire and an outcast. :]
I just wanted to c if there was already a thread dedicated to her work
if not yay.
LucasLuver4Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Supreme Fan

So yes, there was another thread, so I merged the two, but feel free to talk abut Amelia Atwater-Rhodes on this thread. I myself am a very big fan of her work, although I liked her vampire novels more than I like the Avian books, I haven't yet read the last two. But that's more due to time constraints and I would like to get them and read them at some point, perhaps I can do something about that over Christmas.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

I like her books, although I have yet to read the third of the Keisha'ra books, mostly because I didn't even know until a couple of months ago that she'd written more after Hawksong. I'm rather partial to the vampire books over the ones about the avian and serpiente people, though. I don't know, the Keisha'ra books are okay, but I have a hard time getting attached to the characters.

This thread has reminded me though, I've been meaning to get In the Forests of the Night off the shelf and give it a quick rereading. I remember loving it when I read it a few years ago; it'll be interesting to see how my impressions hold up after a second read.
that a broken heart is blind
~*Echo*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Supreme Fan

I actually read In the Forests of the Night after having read Demon in My View and Shattered Mirror and I loved it just as much even though it's written in such a different style. I thought they were all really good books and I hope she brings some of the characters like Aubrey back into her writing at some point.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
I actually read In the Forests of the Night after having read Demon in My View and Shattered Mirror and I loved it just as much even though it's written in such a different style. I thought they were all really good books and I hope she brings some of the characters like Aubrey back into her writing at some point.
I really thought her books were a serious at first.
but then i got in to readin shattered mirror and
demon in my view and i realized it wasnt at all.
I would love demon in my view to turn into
a movie.gaaa. it makes me madd how so many books
i read r bttr than half the movies they show in theatres
LucasLuver4Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:16 AM
Loyal Fan

i've read all her books except Falcondance, but i'm more partial to the Kiesha'ra series because it sort of links. i remember in her demon and vampire books there was this map that linked the characters though i think it was abit hard to get.

on her site though The Den of Shadows, brought to you by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, she has tons of information about the various characters and ther links and their world. it's quite fun to read up on 'extras' that you don't get to see in the books.

as well as a section solely dedicated to learning the languages present in Kiesha'ra series.
PeachyKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread