Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2022, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Steph - the evolution photo you posted is giving me Ross "he was never fully erect" vibes

Quote:
I've been trying to keep up with the RTR and I'm a day behind, so hopefully I can catch up this evening.
Shut off the phone, tell people to not talk to you
Old 10-03-2022, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Steph - the evolution photo you posted is giving me Ross "he was never fully erect" vibes
I thought of Ross and Phoebe arguing about evolution and aliens.

Quote:
A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES REAL TIME READ, Ch 14
“This tastes like you!” I said.
“How so?” he asked”
“Spicy,” I said, flushing suddenly from my cheeks to my hairline.
“Just spicy?”
“No. First I thought it would tasted like flowers-violets–because that’s how it smelled. But then I tasted all kinds of things. What do you taste?”….
“He sniffed, swirled, and tasted.” “Violets–I agree with you there. Those purple violets covered with sugar. Elizabeth Tudor loved candied violets, and they ruined her teeth.” He sipped again. “Cigar smoke from good cigars, like they used to have at the Marlborough Club when the Prince of Wales stopped in. Blackberries picked wild in the hedgerows outside the Old Lodge’s stables and red currants macerated in brandy.”
-A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES

Quote:
Welcoming new students for the start of Michaelmas term - looking out from the doorway to the Bodleian’s Old Schools Quadrangle.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I thought of Ross and Phoebe arguing about evolution and aliens.
That too

oh oysters
Old 10-06-2022, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES REAL TIME READ, Chapter 15 & 16

“Sean riffled through the slips and found my request. Paper-clipped to it was a note. “It’s missing.”
“It’s not missing. I saw it a few weeks ago.”
“Let’s see.” He rounded the desk, headed for the supervisor’s office.
Matthew looked up from his papers and watched as Sean rapped against the open doorframe. “Dr. Bishop wants this manuscript, and it’s been noted as missing,” Sean explained. He held out the slip.
Mr. Johnson consulted a book on his desk, running his finger over lines scrawled by generations of reading-room supervisors. “Ah, yes. Ashmole 782. That’s been missing since 1859.”
-A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES

Quote:
Passion flowers still in bloom against the wall in the Wadham Fellows’ garden.

Quote:
Through the gateways - and passing into the Bodleian Library quads.

Quote:
What a beautiful day we had today - with blue skies over the Clarendon quad this morning.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cool first art and beautiful flower.
Old 10-08-2022, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

I love the archway over the gates!
Old 10-08-2022, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

More gates need archways over them.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is a pretty flower.

Quote:
A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES REAL TIME READ, Chapter 21, 22, & 23 (and the outtake from The World of All Souls)

Did you know THE WORLD OF ALL SOULS contains an outtake chapter for A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES?

Quote:
DISCOVERY OF WITCHES REAL TIME READ, Chapter 24 & 25

​​”The largest one had a building’s outline cut into its surface and rested in the midst of a hollow nearly four inches across. The image was surprisingly detailed and showed four steps leading up to a door flanked by two columns. Between them was a shrouded figure. The building’s crisp outlines were marred by fragments of black wax. Around the edge of the coin were the words “militie Lazari a Bethania.” The knights of Lazarus of Bethany.”
-A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES

Quote:
. Alchemy

“The book’s a palimpsest. Old words hidden under new.”

As I’m so indecisive and couldn’t pick one thing, using procreate on my iPad, i layered Alchemy images, blurring the lates of the ones underneath to appear faded to creat the look of a palimpsest.

Going over every line, and every shape of the Alchemist notes and adding a hidden alchemical child, if you look closely you see it’s vessel, painting the details of the top image with some artistic license with the colours. And finally with the classic trick of using a old tea bag to give that medieval look. It’s like is been cut out of Ashmole 782. I think I did okay.

Quote:
A busy Saturday in Oxford - the Sheldonian Theatre through the autumnal window display in the Weston Library shop.

Quote:
Harris Manchester college through the golden leaves - from across the road at the Oxford Department of Development
Old 10-10-2022, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oxford is busy in that photo.
Old 10-10-2022, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh it is! School must be in session.

I am too tired to share posts.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What a beautiful campus to call your own.

No worries.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want to go back.

I’m not on a computer, but a mobile device, so no posts tonight.
Old 10-13-2022, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We should go back before the decade is up.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
We should go back before the decade is up.

Quote:
A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES REAL TIME READ, Chapter 28, 29, 30, & 31

“We descended toward something that looked like a crater set apart from the surrounding countryside by yawning ravines and overgrown forests. It proved to be the ruin of a medieval castle, with high walls and thick foundations that extended deep into the earth. Trees grew inside the husks of long-abandoned buildings huddled in the fortress’s shadow. The castle didn’t have a single graceful line or pleasing feature. There was only one reason for its existence—to keep out anyone who wished to enter.”
-A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES

“It’s an oubliette.” The word rustled from ghost to ghost. A wispy woman, her face creased with age, began to weep. “Oubliettes are places of forgetting. Humans who are dropped into oubliettes go mad and then starve to death—if they survive the impact. It’s a very long way down. They can’t get out without help from above, and help never comes.” (
-A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES

Quote:
DISCOVERY OF WITCHES REAL TIME READ, Chapter 32 & 33

“We turned down the rutted road leading to the Bishop house. Its late-eighteenth-century lines were boxy and generous, and it sat back from the road on a little knoll, surrounded by aged apple trees and lilac bushes. The white clapboard was in desperate need of repainting, and the old picket fence was falling down in places.”

Quote:
The roses are over now but the gateway into the walled garden still provides a beautiful frame to the sunlit trees beyond.

Quote:
Another Christ Church cloister view - looking up to the fan vaulted ceiling and the little faces peering down.

Quote:
An archway view into the main Christ Church Great Quadrangle aka Tom Quad with the Bodley Tower in the distance.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I want to go into the Botanic Garden!