Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it... Calvin is just such an amazing friend. A selfless and sensitive friend, the best kind, really. So, I feel like Rusty was extremely lucky to find someone like him during his first semester of college. And I think Rusty was really good to Calvin as well. He supported him without question when Calvin came out to him. Their friendship wasn't at all one sided. They were both there for one another.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder how Rusty is going to react, when he finds out, that Calvin was outted. I'm sure he'll be the first one, to be by his side and show people that he is proud to be his friend. I can see him doing that.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 11-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

I couldn't agree more Linds, chances are Rusty and Calvin will have more scenes together, after Ashleigh outed him at his frat, so he'll need a friend who supports him.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Totally agree Linds. Calvin is an amazing friend always there and supportive. Rusty is the same with Calvin they are both lucky to have found each other in there first year of college

To pretty up the thread I have some Rusty and Calvin caps

Old 11-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, love the caps. The third is too funny. I love how completely different they are from one another. Calvin is totally relaxed, totally comfortable and Rusty is... not. Even a little bit. LOL.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

LOL... I know, Rusty looks terrified..

Calvin is like Hell Yeah and Rusty is like Holy Crap..
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 11-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

I think Calvin already knew what to expect because of his dad, and plus it's not like he really wanted to be apart of a frat house. So had a more aloof nature about the whole thing. Poor Rusty on the other hand, had no idea. But wanted it bad enough

Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Rusty was tired of being a geek and who can blame him?

He still is, no offense to him, but he's coming around, with the help of Cappie.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Nothing wrong with liking you Math and Science

Old 11-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, I love that Rusty's still a bit geeky. I understand his desrire to fit in but I really believe it's all about balance and not completely losing who you are, you know? He can be Rusty the "geek" and Rusty the Kappa Tau member, too. IMO.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

I actually prefer Rusty, The Awkward Geek, over cool Rusty. His insecurites in the pilot were just plain hilarious and I kinda miss that about him. We did see the geek come out in him a bit, when he was talking about Pluto after making it rain beer, but I miss Rusty from the pilot a little bit.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you mean, Karen. I tend to always prefer pilots and the characters in them, but the characters need to grow, they have to change at least somewhat, otherwise the show would just be stagnant. I do adore Rusty from the pilot, though, and the sweet first interactions between Rusty/Calvin.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Your right... I know they have to evolve, but sometime's I get a little selfish and wished they'd go back to the way they were. I know that sounds corny, but I can't help it.

As long as Cappie dosen't change, then I will be very happy.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Linds - good point, I do think it's nice that Rusty have the balance. He can have a broader personality, than being a "geek" so to speak. But I like the dynamic between Calvin and Rusty, I don't think Rusty can completely change into "Mr. Super cool" which I kind of think Calvin is. So you don't need two "geeks" or two "jocks" to have a good friendship.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Absolutely. ITA.

I'm sad that the friendship between them has been kind of tense lately, overall. Hopefully, they're over that now, and can just remember why they became friends in the first place. Like Calvin said, they became friends with Rusty rushing for KT and him Omega Chi, so there shouldn't be an issue now, either.