Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

As much as I love Evan and Casey I don't blame her for breaking up with him. Evan did a lot of bad stuff but I just felt like Evan really did love her. I'm so glad they chose to redeem him in the end. He patched up things with Rusty and most importantly Cappie. I loved seeing Cappie and Evan getting a long. It was evident from day one that Cappie and Casey was endgame but I still kept hoping they would get back together. I love Cappie but I don't know I kind of feel like he and Casey would never work in the long run. Even when they were together Casey said she still imagined she would end up Mrs. Casey Chambers someday.
"For me it's just you, to the end of the world."
Old 03-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
Meadow! I do, I do! I just finished the season 1 episode "Move On. Cartwrights". Episode 1x15, the episode about the freshman ball is what made me fall for them completely though. Evan was just.. the biggest sweetheart ever and it really put everything about their relationship that we had seen before that in perspective! I lovveee them. I just felt like Evan really deserved her... he just really loved her so much and would do anything for her.
Yay! Season 1 is my favourite season by far I lovelovelove Freshman Daze. He was the sweetest thing to her and he saw her first
I definitely think he deserved her way more than Cappie did

I have to admit that I used to be a major CC shipper, but I disliked them after they got back together. I saw that, in the long run, it's relationships like Evan & Casey's that make the most sense. They cheated on each other and they made so many mistakes, but they loved each other. At the end of the day, they forgave and loved each other and were focused on building a future together. That's completely more realistic and healthy IMO.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowmeadow (View Post)
Yay! Season 1 is my favourite season by far I lovelovelove Freshman Daze. He was the sweetest thing to her and he saw her first
I definitely think he deserved her way more than Cappie did

I have to admit that I used to be a major CC shipper, but I disliked them after they got back together. I saw that, in the long run, it's relationships like Evan & Casey's that make the most sense. They cheated on each other and they made so many mistakes, but they loved each other. At the end of the day, they forgave and loved each other and were focused on building a future together. That's completely more realistic and healthy IMO.
I feel like I'm so backwards when it comes to this show. I fell for Casey/Evan first so it's hard for me to like Casey and Cappie, especially 'cause I honestly can't stand Casey most of the time and she just brings Cappie down. And I ADORE Cappie, so I hate thinking that he isn't good enough for her, because he's amazing.
And I really, really love Cappie and Rebecca. I guess I'm just hoping that I eventually warm up to Casey because I'm thinking it'll suck the fun out of this show for me sooner rather than later and I don't want that because I think this show is awesome.

And I completely agree that Evan and Casey just make sense, especially in the long run. They bring out the best in each other, imo. And I love everything you said about Freshman Daze. Definitely an amazing episode and gahh, Evan.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I feel like I'm so backwards when it comes to this show. I fell for Casey/Evan first so it's hard for me to like Casey and Cappie, especially 'cause I honestly can't stand Casey most of the time and she just brings Cappie down. And I ADORE Cappie, so I hate thinking that he isn't good enough for her, because he's amazing.
And I really, really love Cappie and Rebecca. I guess I'm just hoping that I eventually warm up to Casey because I'm thinking it'll suck the fun out of this show for me sooner rather than later and I don't want that because I think this show is awesome.

And I completely agree that Evan and Casey just make sense, especially in the long run. They bring out the best in each other, imo. And I love everything you said about Freshman Daze. Definitely an amazing episode and gahh, Evan.
Yeah, I understand. I feel like that about Cappie sometimes, especially in the first season. I love Evan, so I'm biased when it comes to who I think belongs with Casey.
I love Evan/Casey and Cappie/Rebecca sfm Freshman Daze was such a good ep for both of them
Old 03-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

you're not backward I was the same. I could tell from the first episode i was suppose t be rooting for cappie/casey but i didn't see anything there and I still have never found them likable as a pairing.
IMO Casey/Evan and Cappie/Rebecca just fit. these 2 pairings had everything CC never had. And I don't see caspie lasting for the long run. Casey belonged with Evan. Even in professional goals Casey and Evan are a better match. I can see Casey continually trying to change cappie to fit in with her political aspirations
In my mind and the fanfic running around in my head Casey will find her way back to Cappie and he will find his way back Becs
Cappie*Rebecca*Beaver Calvin*Heath Hyde*Jackie Red*Kitty Donna*Eric Pacey*Joey*jack Dawson*Jen Dylan*Kelly
Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Can I be added to the list if I'm kinda a shipper of both Evan and Casey & Casey and Cappie?

I come bearing a cute Spencer Grammer and Jake McDorman pic:

Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I'm sure you can be added! Welcome I'm sure you'll be added soon
They are so adorable omg
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonmouse (View Post)
IMO Casey/Evan and Cappie/Rebecca just fit. these 2 pairings had everything CC never had. And I don't see caspie lasting for the long run. Casey belonged with Evan. Even in professional goals Casey and Evan are a better match. I can see Casey continually trying to change cappie to fit in with her political aspirations.
Completely agreed
Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

AWW i love that picture!!! what's it from?
Old 03-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Isn't it sweet? It's from the cast after shooting scenes from the finale, alot of the cast members took pictures this was one of them.

Last edited by 22.8miles; 03-16-2011 at 08:09 AM
Old 03-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22.8miles (View Post)
Can I be added to the list if I'm kinda a shipper of both Evan and Casey & Casey and Cappie?
Of course! You and I are in the same boat.

That picture! Eeks. I can't even take the adorableness.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the starlight (View Post)
Of course! You and I are in the same boat.
Glad I'm not the only one. They both bring something different to the table and I like that.

Though I have to admit lately I've been totally Evan & Casey Graphic making happy lol.

Last edited by 22.8miles; 03-17-2011 at 05:12 PM
Old 03-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Can I just jump in here? I've been having my own little Greek marathon event via Netflix and I've noticed something (besides the amazing characterizations). 1- Evan acted like a tool before and after him and Casey broke up. I just can't get past someone being mean just because they can. I'm not excusing lil miss Casey her dirt was just as messy but she never intentionally tried to destroy Evan like he tried to destroy her in terms of messing with ZBZ and Franny. 2-There is way more to Cappie than he puts forward. He is observant and intuitive as well as smart and passionate. So I don't see Casey trying to push him into being something that he's not but pushing him to to be the best Cappie he can be. While Cappie helps Casey give herself permission not to be so serious all the time (or a stick in the mud). Relationships are more about compliments rather than exact similarities 3- Although Evan and Rebecca started off askew I think they fit better than she and Cappie did. From their upbringings they have a shared background which affect how they relate to those around them. The trust issues, the parent issues, the sense of entitlement, but you can genuinely see them growing as they deal with all of their issues. I would have loved if they had spent more time rounding out these two along with the Cappie/Casey/Evan plot but you can't always get what you want. They spent way too long in the Bermuda love triangle IMO.

I love this show for so many reasons and wish that they had been given a little more time with these characters that have grown on me. As far as I can tell none of them were two dimensional and they were all interesting and added to the stories in their own way. Gosh I'm rambling but just a few thoughts watching it all again. I'm Ayesha btw

Ayesha
Old 03-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

I never really felt like Evan was trying to destroy Casey, I feel like alot of the stuff he did was out of being hurt. But he always seems like he's felt bad for alot of the stuff he did, he kind of explains it abit in "High and Dry." I've always found Evan to be a really misunderstood character who yes I will admit at times can be abit of a jerk but I've always felt when it came to Casey he really cared about her.

Like I said before I like Casey and Cappie too so I see there apeal, but I think Casey and Evan as a pairing have had alot to offer too.