Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Ashley News Thread #10: Because with so many new projects, we can barely keep up with the news!

Ashley News Thread
Check here for all the latest Ashley news, including her recent appearances and events, her upcoming projects, what she's been getting up to on Twitter and much more!

Recent Appearances/Events
May 20th ~ The CW Upfront at Madison Square Garden

More pictures here

May 20th ~ The CW Network's 2010 Upfront Party

More pictures here

June 20th ~ Perez Hilton's 2010 MuchMusic Awards After Party

July 28th ~ CBS, The CW and Showtime Summer Press Tour Party Arrivals

July 29th ~ TCA CW Panels

Nylon Magazine

More photos here

Seventeen Magazine

More photos here

7th September ~ Fashion's Night Out: The Show

More photos here

7th September ~ Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

More photos here
Upcoming Events/Projects
Quote:
Ashley might take part of the 2011 movie Wish Wizard, according to IMDB. The film talks about two children who are part of the Making-A-Wish Fondation (that Ashley is currently joining), whose dream is to be part of a movie and produce it.

Ashley's character should have the name of "Believerly" even though there's no confirmation about the whole thing.
Quote:
"I've actually just sold my first movie to ABC Family, which I'm not in, and it's really exciting, because it's hard. When I do production meetings, they always ask if I'm going to be in it. For this one, I told them 'no, I don't want to be in it I just want to produce something' and they told me, 'Oh, ok cause that's really hard to sell."

Ashley continued, "Everybody who wants to buy something from my brand usually wants me in it and I really want to establish my production company being separate. I just want to do something, have ideas and come up with you know reality shows and this movie that we"ve just sold to ABC Family I'm really excited about."
Quote:
It's almost time to go back to school and you know what that means? New clothes shopping! JCPenny & Ashley have teamed up for a fun new contest. Pick your favorite back to school trend and tell us why you need a shopping spree for a chance to win a makeover by Ashley! Get all the contest details and enter to win HERE. Good luck & have fun!
Quote:
It has been announced today that Ashley will be reprising the role Sharpay Evans in the new Disney Channel Original Movie ‘Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure‘. Ashley will also be executive producing the High School Musical spin-off and production of the made-for-television movie will begin this summer for a premiere in 2011.

Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure follows the thespian who is about to meet her destiny on Broadway, and luckily, theater lighting highlights her hair and skin tone beautifully. Her big break comes after a talent scout spots her performing with her dog Boi at a charity gala, and now there’s not a marquee big enough or lights bright enough to contain the glorious fame she plans on having. Sharpay and Boi head to New York, but theatre is a dog eat dog world, and nothing turns out as Sharpay expects, especially when she meets her match in a rather daunting Broadway starlet.

Visit the Sharpay | SFA Spoiler & Speculation thread for stills, pictures teasers and behind the scenes news!

Quote:
In her first regular broadcast series gig, actress-singer Ashley Tisdale has signed on to co-star on the CW pilot "Hellcats."

"Hellcats," which is executive produced by "Smallville" star Tom Welling, centers on Marti (Aly Michalka), a college girl from the wrong side of the tracks who, after losing her scholarship because of budget cutbacks and her mother's (Gail O'Grady) chronic irresponsibility, joins the Hellcats, the college's competitive cheerleading team.

"High School Musical" alumna Tisdale will play Sierra, the peppy and fiercely intense captain of the Hellcats who, after an initial clash with Marti, her new roommate, realizes that she just might be the godsend the Hellcats need to win the championship.

Like Michalka, who starred on Disney Channel's "Phil of the Future," Tisdale has also become a star on Disney Channel.

In addition to her role as Sharpay Evans in the "HSM" franchise, she also co-starred on the channel's comedy "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and voiced a character on "Phineas and Ferb."

On broadcast TV, she did an arc on the CBS sitcom "Still Standing."

Visit the Savannah | Hellcats Spoiler & Speculation thread for stills, pictures teasers and behind the scenes news!

Quote:
Disney also announced a movie based on Disney XD’s madcap animated series “Phineas and Ferb” that’s expected to debut in 2011.

“Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension” sends the boys (and their pet platypus, Perry) on a jaunt through a parallel universe, where they’ll take on an even more dastardly version of their nemesis, Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

“Phineas and Ferb” is TV’s most-watched animated series among kids 6-11 and ‘tweens 9-14, per Nielsen ratings data. In 2009, the series out-delivered the season premieres of Cartoon Network’s “Star Wars: Clone Wars” and “Ben 10: Alien Force.”
Quote:
If there’s one thing Ashley Tisdale is good at, it’s singing, so it’s not a huge shocker that she plans on utilizing her pipes in the upcoming Teen Witch remake.

“In the original, you know, Robin Lively didn’t sing at all, even though other girls performed. But the studio said ‘Hey, you’re a singer, right?’” the High School Musical starlet confirmed to HollywoodLife.com at Burberry’s digital 3-D Autumn/Winter 2010 show in Los Angeles Feb. 23. “They reworked the script so it can be more of a musical,” she additionally revealed.

Though the script will be reworked, we’ll still find Ashley, 24, portraying shy high school wallflower Louise, who learns she’s a descendant of the infamous Salem witches. She then uses her powers for good over evil – namely, in high school world – to make herself popular and get the guy she wants.

But will the film still possess the silly, campy vibe that made us love the original cult hit so much? Ashley says yes – and that her version will definitely please a new generation. “The plan is to start filming at the end of the year, so you can expect it will be a lot more modern than the original,” she told us.

We can’t wait! And frankly, neither can she. “I’m really excited about it. I think it’s going to be so much fun!” she exclaimed, adding, “Fans of the original will love it I think, and as far as it being different, I can tell you it will be a lot more current.”
Quote:
Teen superstars Brittany Snow (”Hairspray”, ”Prom Night”), Kellan Lutz (”Twilight Saga : New Moon”‘) and Ashley Tisdale (”High School Musical”) are aboard the new yuletide laffer, ”A Misfits’ Christmas”.

The project, produced by Moviehole’s ”own” Ashley Hillard, will serve as the directorial debut of writer Michael Tabb, who recently adapted the Russian sci-fi/adventure novel ”Knights of the Forty Islands” into filmish form for Run Entertainment.

”[Misfits'] an escalating drama about eight friends who spend consecutive Christmas Eve’s together during their four years of college”, explains writer/director Tabb. ”As we drop in on them annually, we watch the characters lose their innocence and form a dysfunctional family with interwoven relationships.
Quote:
Ashley Tisdale and her production company Blondie Girl Prods. have inked a multiyear producing deal with RelativityReal, the reality/alternative TV arm of Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media.

Deal calls for Tisdale — who is best known for playing Sharpay Evans in the “High School Musical” films — to create, develop and exec produce new series for broadcast and cable networks.

RelativityReal CEO Tom Forman called Tisdale, who is also a gold-selling recording artist, “the very definition of a multitalented artist with unique insight into young demographics.”
Concerts/Performances/Videos

For links to the rest of the concerts, visit the video thread
Ashley Sources
Latest News | Ashley Tisdale
YouTube - ashleytisdale's Channel
Ashley Tisdale on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Ashley Tisdale | Facebook
Ashley Tisdale (ashleytisdale) on Twitter
Old 04-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Interview with Zac, Ashley and Vanessa. You can see Matt in the background when Ash is being interviewed. Emma is posing, and Oleysa too.

More red carpet footage.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

Oh my gosh, this is all so exciting Seriously, I can't explain how much I love the fact that some of the Wildcats were there!

Thankies for the new thread, Val, I must update the OP soon!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Np. We got some great new goodies to fill up the OP with!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I love Ashley
Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

So much awesome new news!

Ashley Tisdale Covers Zooey Magazine | Ashley Tisdale | Just Jared Jr. - JJJ

So great!
Quote:
The 25-year-old actress... just received some great news: Miss Advised, a Blondie Girl Productions show, just got picked up by Bravo!

Ashley, tweeted the news, “So excited Blondie girl prod. show “miss advised” just got picked up to series by BRAVO! Yay.”

The show focuses on three single relationship experts - all of whom make a living dispensing advice - on and off the job. In each episode, viewers will watch these women juggle their work and personal lives as they maneuver thru the dating world and discover whether or not they practice what they preach.

Ashley previously sold a movie to ABC Family under Blondie Girl Productions.
Read more: Ashley Tisdale | Just Jared Jr. - JJJ

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 04-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

So great that her other projects are doing well too!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Allure‘s annual nude issue is out, and it features a stripped-down Ashley Tisdale, Kaley Cuoco, Keri Hilson and Bridget Moynahan.

All share their thoughts on nudity in the magazine.

Says R&B songstress Keri: “We do a lot of things to seek validation: I have to get more expensive handbags or fake lashes or fake boobs. This shoot was about dropping all that. It’s so empowering to embrace my insecurities.”

Adds Disney darling Ashley: ” “I’m 25, almost 26, but people think of me as much younger because I look young. Being in this shoot was me saying, ‘I’m not just the young girl everybody thinks I am. I’m actually a woman.’”

And while Bridget says she only plays “naked in the privacy of my own home,” she notes that “I’ve been in the business a long time, so it didn’t really faze me. I was completely comfortable.”

The same goes for The Big Bang Theory star Kaley: “I was way more excited than I ever thought I would be. Which made me realize, I’m more comfortable in my own skin than I thought.”
You can see Ashley's and the other girls picture in the link!
http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/226745...cuoco-and-more

But here's the article page with Ashley from that link

Marilyn
Old 04-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Don't hate me for saying this, just stating my opinion here, and I still love Ashley with all my heart, but why do people think they have to pose naked/nude to prove that they're "grown up" or make a point? I've seen the picture and it's not that bad, but it's just not something I want to see. I guess it's my own personal opinion, but the body isn't something that should be flaunted around. Your body is a temple and she could have easily showed it off in some other way. IDK. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, but that's just my thoughts on it.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Here's the Allure video!

Single Title Player
Marilyn
Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshipper83 (View Post)
Don't hate me for saying this, just stating my opinion here, and I still love Ashley with all my heart, but why do people think they have to pose naked/nude to prove that they're "grown up" or make a point? I've seen the picture and it's not that bad, but it's just not something I want to see. I guess it's my own personal opinion, but the body isn't something that should be flaunted around. Your body is a temple and she could have easily showed it off in some other way. IDK. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, but that's just my thoughts on it.
Thank you! I was almost thinking I was a prude and alone with my opinion.

As an Ashley mod, this may not be the most appropriate thing to say, but Ashley has disappointed me, for the first time ever, with this picture.
She and Taylor Swift were my rolemodels because they proved to me that talent did count. That you don't need to take your clothes off to get to where you want to be. Ashley has talent, there was no need for her to do this.
On top of that, I am not a hypocrite. When Vanessa's pictures first came out, I was extremely disappointed in her. I was still very young, so it drastically changed my opinion on her.
I'm older now, so I'll get past this, but I am disappointed in Ashley. And the reason why she did it just ridiculous too? Why do people need to take their clothes off to prove they're grown-up now?
I understand now, that Vanessa was still young, and it could be passed off as a mistake. Ashley on the other hand, is 25, and she's well aware of what she is doing. I'm a little bit angry at her for doing this, but it's her life.
I still love her and support her, but this is one thing I can not approve of.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversparkle (View Post)
Thank you! I was almost thinking I was a prude and alone with my opinion.

As an Ashley mod, this may not be the most appropriate thing to say, but Ashley has disappointed me, for the first time ever, with this picture.
She and Taylor Swift were my rolemodels because they proved to me that talent did count. That you don't need to take your clothes off to get to where you want to be. Ashley has talent, there was no need for her to do this.
On top of that, I am not a hypocrite. When Vanessa's pictures first came out, I was extremely disappointed in her. I was still very young, so it drastically changed my opinion on her.
I'm older now, so I'll get past this, but I am disappointed in Ashley. And the reason why she did it just ridiculous too? Why do people need to take their clothes off to prove they're grown-up now?
I understand now, that Vanessa was still young, and it could be passed off as a mistake. Ashley on the other hand, is 25, and she's well aware of what she is doing. I'm a little bit angry at her for doing this, but it's her life.
I still love her and support her, but this is one thing I can not approve of.
Yeah, I was like 'eehh' about the picture and the quote they use on it but then I read the article and it didn't help my opinion when it mentioned that her doing the shoot had little to do with showing off her great shaped from her workout but more about her being grown up

Saying this photoshoot shows that she's not a girl but a woman. I think she was doing well showing that she's not that little girl on a disney show with her now being on Hellcats as well as all the amazing photoshoots she's done compared to the bright teen photoshoot she used to do.

But at the end of the day it's Ashley's live and people precieve things differently and if she thinks this shows that she's a woman then good for her.

&& I agree with you about the whole being young and making mistakes like V's her situation... not a wise choice but what's done was done and sad that it got leaked and Ashley's older and she made this choice herself as well... I guess the positive about Ashley's is that it's not a private picture that got leaked but more tasteful and for a issue in a mag with other stars doing the same

But yeah, besides my whole speech I agree with you Val and Jessica!

&& sidenote... I love your icon Val!

Also an interview she did for Ellegirl
Quote:
All of you die-hard High School Musical fans out there are about to get another big dose of diva with Ashley Tisdale’s new flick, Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, on DVD and Blu-ray April 19th.

The spin-off follows Sharpay Evans as she moves to New York City to land a role in a Broadway show. Inevitably, this soon-to-be starlet finds out (the hard way, of course) just how tough it is to make it in the Big Apple.

We got to chat with the leading lady about her similarities with Sharpay (or lack thereof), how much pink she actually owns, and why she’s not thinking about music right now. Check it out!

ELLEgirl: How did being an executive producer change this film experience from past ones?
Ashley Tisdale: I have been producing since 2008, but it’s difficult sometimes because when you’d like to completely focus on your character, you have to work as a producer at the same time. It’s like playing two roles.

EG: Does Sharpay’s story reflect any part of your experience as a young actress?
AT: You have to believe in yourself, and that’s what I’ve always done. However, I haven’t had to work for an Amber Lee Adams (the Broadway star in the film) type of character or anything like that… I definitely have always relied on my talent and who I was to get to where I am.

EG: In the movie, Sharpay wears some ridiculously girly ensembles. How much pink would we find in your real-life closet?
AT: The pink in my wardrobe started to fade away when I was filming the first High School Musical. Subconsciously, I realized I never really bought pink any more. Now I can get away with it because I’m brunette so I feel like I can totally pull it off, but when I’m blonde and wearing pink I just feel like Sharpay! The clothes are great! They are so cute and they are so great on film, but wearing that stuff can be so uncomfortable on set. It’s not easy being all glammed up all the time!

EG: A close companion and big part of the film is your dog Boi. How did you like working with the pup?
AT: Working with the dogs was so great and so much fun. It was definitely a challenge at times because they are just animals and don’t really know what is going on but they were so trained and so good—I had a blast.

EG: Sharpay is a bona fide diva, which we imagine could be a cathartic role (there’s a little diva in all of us!). What’s been your biggest diva moment?
AT: I’ve probably had diva moments just being on set. And I don’t know what it is, but I tend to act like Sharpay sometimes just for fun when we’re on set to joke around. I like to make the set really lighthearted since you’re there working for so many hours. I love to laugh and I love to make other people laugh, so I would get a little bit of Sharpay’s diva behavior sometimes just to get a reaction out of people!

EG: You’ve released two albums. Are you planning on doing more music?
AT: I’m not even thinking about music right now because I just did my second album a year and a half ago. I was really missing my acting, so I haven’t really thought of my music. I am more focused on this and producing. Maybe a couple months down the road I’ll feel inspired to do another album, but not right now.

EG: What is the best and worst advice you ever received about succeeding in the performing arts?
AT: The best advice is to listen to your heart and your instincts. I feel like that’s what’s really going to get you to the next thing. I have always relied on my gut with each project I’ve ever done. I don’t listen to other people. If I listened to other people, I don’t think I would be where I am today. There have definitely been agents that—when I first got out here—have said, “she’ll never make it in Hollywood,” but I didn’t listen to it and you have to believe in yourself and go for it!

The worst advice is thinking it’s going to be easy. It is definitely hard dealing with rejection, and you have to know going into it that it’s going to come with hard work. For some people, it does come easy. Some people get handed stuff, but have always been the type of person who has worked hard for each of the projects that I’ve done.

EG: You crush on Austin Butler’s character in the film. Who’s your current real-life crush?
AT: I actually have a boyfriend, so there are no other crushes.
http://ellegirl.elle.com/girl-gossip...d-buying-pink/
Marilyn

Last edited by |Sweet Disposition|; 04-13-2011 at 02:08 AM
Old 04-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Elite Fan

I'm a big fan of the nude picture myself. I don't think she's doing it to prove anything, I think she's doing it because she wants to do it. Perhaps coupling the image itself with that specific quotation is a misplacement by the magazine, IDK. I'm really, really proud of her for doing it, given the backlash and the insults and the criticism that is bound to come with it, as all stars get. Obviously, this picture has been released in a different context/environment to how Vanessa's were, but there's gonna be comparisons and negativity surrounding it. IDK, I get what people are saying, it just never crossed my mind that Ashley has done it for any reason other than she feels comfortable enough within her own skin to do it
Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenly (View Post)
I'm a big fan of the nude picture myself. I don't think she's doing it to prove anything, I think she's doing it because she wants to do it. Perhaps coupling the image itself with that specific quotation is a misplacement by the magazine, IDK. I'm really, really proud of her for doing it, given the backlash and the insults and the criticism that is bound to come with it, as all stars get. Obviously, this picture has been released in a different context/environment to how Vanessa's were, but there's gonna be comparisons and negativity surrounding it. IDK, I get what people are saying, it just never crossed my mind that Ashley has done it for any reason other than she feels comfortable enough within her own skin to do it
I agree wholeheartedly. This isn't like Vanessa's photos, which weren't intended to be public and were explicitly sexual in nature. Allure does this every year to show that women can be proud of their bodies and comfortable in their own skin. It's about female empowerment and the photos are always done artistically and tastefully, far more tastefully than most other magazine shoots these days. Sure, it's not something you should feel like you have to do, but you also don't have to wear a bikini over a one-piece swimsuit. It's all a matter of personal boundaries and what you feel comfortable with.

That being said, I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for Ashley to drop her robe and pose nude in front of a photographer and crew, not to mention the rest of the world that will see the photo. It was very brave of her to go through with this shoot.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenly (View Post)
I didn't think she did it to prove anything either and I didn't like how they put the quote with the picture making it look like it's the reason but then in the article she did mention that the purpose was to show that she was a woman and less that she worked hard for her body. Kaley's, article mentioned more about being comfortable in her own skin and all that other stuff though...

Either way I haven't seen anything negative about the picture, just some opinions that haven't really said anything bad about her so that's a good thing.

It's just people different preference

I don't think it's anything bad, just weird seeing her naked
Marilyn