Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Get out of my face? That's rude. This guy seems a little on the stuck up side.

Avatar made by soulmatejunkee on Livejournal
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

I get how it can come across as rude, but I definitely don't disagree that after spending all day working with people, you appreciate the break. I guess he could have worded it differently.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

That's how CE is. He says stuff like that. It didn't offend me because I can totally relate to that and I think it's real but he still bugs me. I really dislike him! lol

I actually found the comment of Kate's "baby daddy" to be worse. :/

-Hannah
Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

But he is her baby daddy.

I'm not defending him, but we all know that sarcasm doesn't travel well in print. I feel like if John had said the same thing, it would be a completely different reaction because you know his inflections and joking manner. Colin could have been going for the same thing.

When I taught Kinder, for some reasons I'd run into those kids all over town. A negative when you live in the town you teach in. At the end of the day, I'd tell them that I hoped I wouldn't see their faces til the next morning. I'm sure if someone had walked in and heard me, it would have seemed rude, when I had kids wanting their own personal "I don't want to have to look at you until you step off the bus tomorrow" remarks.

I say cut him some slack.

In good news, EG has said that the first look at the trailer will premiere on February 16th on Entertainment Tonight.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

I know but I don't like the phrase. LOL It just rubbed me the wrong way but it isn't just him, I feel that way anytime.

Absolutely. Like I said though, it didn't bother me. Whether he was kidding or being serious. 14-16 working hour days, unless you're actually really good friends with them, I can not see how you'd want to hang out with any of them off-camera. I know it sounded like they were all friendly and had a good time together when they were filming and they hung out and stuff. That's more than enough.

-Hannah
Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Some pics from that night: Hilary Swank & Colin Egglesfield: Help Children Awaiting Parents | Colin Egglesfield, Ginnifer Goodwin, Hilary Swank : Just Jared
Old 02-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Feb 16th?! That works for me! Don't have cable so I'll have to find it on Youtube!

Old 02-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

No cable?!

Thanks for the pics!

-Hannah
Old 02-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Entertainment Tonight is on CBS.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Nope no cable. I have no tv. I watch the new episodes of The Office on Hulu.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Master Fan

Oh ok. No tv and no cable mean different things to me. I'm sure something will be online. Trailers always pop up.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

No tv? Oh, um, I don't know what I'd do without either.

ET is on CBS for you Sara? It's on ABC here.

-Hannah
Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Really? Yep, CBS here. Guess I should redact that. I thought it was the same everywhere. Oops.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Something Borrowed - Official Site

Ginnifer Goodwin ("He's Just Not That Into You," HBO's "Big Love"), and Academy Award® nominee Kate Hudson ("Almost Famous," "Nine") star in Alcon Entertainment's romantic comedy "Something Borrowed." The film also stars Colin Egglesfield (TV's "Melrose Place"), Steve Howey ("Bride Wars") and John Krasinski (TV's "The Office," "It's Complicated").

Rachel (Ginnifer Goodwin) is a talented attorney at a top New York law firm, a generous and loyal friend, and, unhappily, still single…as her engaged best friend Darcy (Kate Hudson) is constantly reminding her. But after one drink too many at her 30th birthday party, perpetual good girl Rachel unexpectedly ends up in bed with the guy she's had a crush on since law school, Dex (Colin Egglesfield)…who just happens to be Darcy's fiancé. When Rachel and Darcy's lifelong friendship collides with true love, it leads to unexpected complications and potentially explosive romantic revelations.

Krasinski plays Ethan, who has been Rachel's constant confidante and sometimes conscience, and who has been harboring a secret of his own. Howey plays Marcus, an irrepressible womanizer, who can't keep his mind out of the gutter or his hands off any girl within reach.

"Something Borrowed" is being directed by Luke Greenfield ("The Girl Next Door"), from a screenplay written by Jennie Urman and Jordan Roberts, adapted from the best-selling novel of the same name by Emily Giffin.

The film is being produced by Alcon Entertainment principals Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, who just earned a Best Picture Oscar® nomination for "The Blind Side"; Molly Smith ("The Blind Side, "P.S. I Love You"), two-time Oscar-winning actress Hilary Swank ("Million Dollar Baby," "Boys Don't Cry"), Pamela Schein Murphy ("Purple Violets"), and Aaron Lubin ("The Groomsmen"), with Ellen H. Schwartz ("Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement") serving as executive producer.

Collaborating with Greenfield behind the scenes are director of photography Charles Minsky ("Valentine's Day"), production designer Jane Musky ("The Bounty Hunter"), editor John Axelrad ("Crazy Heart"), and costume designer Gary Jones ("Valentine's Day").

"Something Borrowed" is being filmed entirely in New York, with locations in New York City, the Hamptons and on Long Island.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:31 AM
MBV
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for that Gio Gio.

Does Ethan harbour a secret in the book? I've only read sections of it.

Em and Dex, Dex and Em is from One Day right? I loved that book; they're making a film of it with Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. I really want it to be good.