Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And yes, it most certainly does! Quality television needs to stay on the air
Right now we don't really have lot of quality shows on tv. Which is so sad. That's why I think PD will do good. It's something new and of quality.

There was an article here saying that Barry Sonenfeld had gone over bugdet with the Pilot and therefore he wouldn't be directing anymore episodes.

And here he responds to the article above saying that he won't be directing as many episodes because of a schedule change and not because of the overdue budget.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those articles, Adara. The show does have a unique look, and the pilot is part of it--I hope ABC realized that when they picked it up.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome, Roz.

And, yes, I hope they realize how much of the look and feel of the show are important for its success. It's a really big part of the series.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Adara- thanks for the links
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Anyone in LA tonight--don't forget that you can see the pilot at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

I just noticed that Pushing Daisies is on the cover of my local TV Topics. It's this picture of Anna. Inside's a pretty generic article, but it puts PD at the top of the best pilots list. I just thought it was really cool that the show was featured on the cover.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
I just noticed that Pushing Daisies is on the cover of my local TV Topics. It's this picture of Anna. Inside's a pretty generic article, but it puts PD at the top of the best pilots list. I just thought it was really cool that the show was featured on the cover.
That is awesome!

Ohhh, the budget monster is already tapping PD's shoulder... I hope it doesn't become a big thing. I mean, the look IS almost a character in itself.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Thank you for bringing those articles over, Adara. Very interesting. Like you mentioned ROCKSTAR, the look of this show is pretty much a character in itself. For example, I consider the documentary camera style for "Friday Night Lights" its own character, too. It makes the shows seem a lot more unique. If ABC all of a sudden decided to bail on making "Pushing Daisies" look so colorful and creative visually, it'd be taking something away from the show. I surely hope ABC is willing to be a bit lenient. It'd be a shame if they had to start toning everything down.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I hope they understand the importance and the style of the show. But I think they do. That's one of the things everyone talks about.

And, ABC updated and costumized their Pushing Daisies page. Now it has a lot more videos, there are bios from the cast and crew, and you can read the comic book from Comic Con, plus it looks pretty

Pushing Daisies - Home - ABC.com
Old 09-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

TV Gal at zap2it.com said that PD wasn't her favorite show because it was too cute, and too "Aren't we clever?"

Whatever! Also, with a genre like this the show can get darker without losing anything. But she just had the Pilot to go by, so maybe she'll turn around as the show goes on.

Link
Old 09-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

That's an interesting take on the pilot that TV Gal has there, Nikki.

Thanks for the link, however.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
Yeah, I hope they understand the importance and the style of the show. But I think they do. That's one of the things everyone talks about.

And, ABC updated and costumized their Pushing Daisies page. Now it has a lot more videos, there are bios from the cast and crew, and you can read the comic book from Comic Con, plus it looks pretty

Pushing Daisies - Home - ABC.com
Yup, that's definitely something everyone seems to mention. I like how the show is unique like that.

Thanks for providing that link to their new website! It looks really nice. I keep watching the promos for the show. hee. I have yet to see the pilot since I'd like to be surprised when I watch it when it first airs. hah. "Too cute?" Oy. That's crazy talk.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaffertyFan23 (View Post)
I have yet to see the pilot since I'd like to be surprised when I watch it when it first airs.
Same here!!!

Also, I like "cute" and I like "clever." TV Gal will just have to watch whatever she likes, we'll watch what we like.

She didn't say she hated it, though. But tv has been so dark and so sexed up lately, that Pushing Daisies is MORE than welcome. TV *needs* Pushing Daisies. It needs the cute, the romance...

I always thought the constant use of swearing, sex scenes and half naked people were there to hide the fact that the show was lacking in great writing or was just desperate for attention.

Pushing Daisies doesn't need any of it. It's a different concept, a different execution. So again I say, whatever.

Granted, TV Gal mentioned *nothing* about the show needing any of those things, I'm just comparing to some of the themes prevalent in so many of the current popular shows.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Lee Pace is scheduled to appear on ABC’s The View on Pushing Daisies premiere day, Wednesday, October 3. Check local listings for times.

Kristin Chenoweth sits down with Jay Leno on NBC while Chi McBride stays up for the Late Late Show with Conan O’Brien (NBC) on Tuesday, October 2.

Barry Sonnenfeld stops by for a chat on Late Night with David Letterman (CBS) on Monday, October 1.

And, Access Hollywood has a little article on Anna Friel and how she's about to "charm America"
Old 09-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Absolute Fan

^ Awesome! I'll have to watch some of those interviews. They sure are promoting this show, aren't they? Only a few more days until the premiere!