Old 02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Romina. Good to have you here

And I think your English seems pretty good
Old 02-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Romina! I'm from Argentina, so we're like neighbours

Ned is my favorite character too

Don't worry about your English, it's fine. My name is Andrea by the way . Hope to see you around!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:51 AM
New Fan

Uruguay, Argentina... I feel at home already! Hello, neighbors! In case you don't know, I'm from Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul (which in case you also don't know is in southern Brazil), so although we don't speak the same language, we have a lot in common. I've been to the Northeast of Brazil and to Montevideo, Uruguay, and for cultural reasons I felt much more at home in Montevideo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian24 (View Post)
Hello everyone!
my name's Romina, I'm from Montevideo, Uruguay, (snip)
My fav character is Ned, because I LOVE Lee Pace. This guy is so talented and perfect!!
Hello, Romina. If you like Lee Pace so much I recommend you watch the movie The Fall, and the TV show Wonderfalls. In this show he plays Aaron Tyler, a character so full of himself, and I love it when he makes a mocking face to look down on his underachiever sister Jaye Tyler, a face our amiable Ned would never do. It's really a unique interpretation you shouldn't miss, in case you haven't seen it.

Last edited by ice_ice_baby; 02-21-2010 at 09:34 AM Reason: double post
Old 02-21-2010, 06:58 PM
New Fan

Hello guys!
thanks for the warm welcome and the nice words about my English. You're all very nice.

Andrea and Mario! With me we are half of Mercosur here!! I have been in Argentina and Brazil (specially Rio Grande do Sul!!!) , both very beautiful. You are our brothers!!
Mario thanks for your suggestion, and yes, i have seen The Fall and Wonderfalls. The Fall is amazing. It's by far the most beautiful movie i've ever seen, every scene in Alexandria imagination it's fantastic. The colors, the music (Beethoven's Symphony No. 7), etc makes the movie a real master piece. The girl performance is great, and Lee...wow... takes your breath away.
And Wonderfalls, i have seen it in around 2004 or 2005, on Fox, and my favourite character was Aaron, so funny, sexy, and worried about his sister mental health. The best part of it, his obssesion with the cow creamer, Hilarious. And, he is an Atheistic theologian!!!! wich is so funny and wierd. When a start watching Pushing Daiseis, I did not recognize him!!! Ned is so sweet and shy and Aaron is complitly the opposite. But I love them both
Old 02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
New Fan

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here myself as well, so I'm still learning about things.

I was also impressed by Lee Pace's performance, so much so I decided to write a fanfiction imagining what it would be like if Aaron and Ned switched places, because Aaron and Ned are so different in behavior. I called it Dead Ringers. I posted two chapters in the fanfiction thread in case you get interested, and if there are readers, I'll post more.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Welcome Romina!
I'm another Julie...very nice to meet you!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian24 (View Post)
Hello everyone!
my name's Romina, I'm from Montevideo, Uruguay, and I'm 24 years old.
I really love Pushing Daisies, the show has been cancelled a long time ago but i'm still a fan, i rewatch the episodes and i can't believe it's gone...at least on tv ...
I'm a law school student, in march i start my last year.
My fav character is Ned, because I LOVE Lee Pace. This guy is so talented and perfect!! But honestly, all the characters are great and the story...a beautiful fary tale.

Other shows i watch: Glee, 30 Rock, Supernatural...
My english is not very good, but i will try to be clear and understandable. I think this forum is fantastic, and i will like to be a part of it.
Welcome Romina!
Hope you have as much fun here on the forum as the rest of us do. I'm also a law student but I am in my first year.
I'm from England so no where near your brother countries, .
I can't just love one character or point from the show so that's why I love the whole thing equally overall.

And don't worry about your English. You're doing great so far!

Icon credit: artemis_sparks
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
New Fan

Hi Julie and Shahan! very nice to meet you too!
thanks for your welcome.
I'm sure i'm going to have a lots of fun here, i already have!!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
With me we are half of Mercosur here!!
Yeah

The Fall is great, it's such a different movie

Quote:
And, he is an Atheistic theologian!!!!
I loved that . Apparently it's a lot more common than I thought.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone!
Name: Maria
Birthday: January 15th
Favorite TV Shows: Supernatural, Fringe, Chuck, Psych, White Collar, Glee
What is it about Pushing Daisies that interests you: I love that it's so colourful.
Character you're most interested in: Ned and Emerson
Random thoughts: I hate the fact that the show was cancelled.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome Maria

I'm a fan of the TV show "Chuck" too
Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks!

That's great!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Hi Maria

Quote:
Character you're most interested in: Ned and Emerson
We have a thread for Ned here, one for Emerson here, and one for Ned and Emerson here
Old 04-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Name: Maria (turquoisetumult on LJ)
Birthday: 12/31
Favorite TV Shows: Ahh, nothing on TV interests me much these days. I really enjoy/love Supernatural and I watch Lost just to see how it ends. Oh, and I really enjoy Dexter when it's on. Past loves are endless though: Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible, Firefly, Coupling (UK sitcom), some other stuff I'm sure I'm probably forgetting.
What is it about Pushing Daisies that interests you: It was that show that just left you HAPPY at the end of the night, even if your day was total crud! Also, the writing. Holy crap, those writers had an amazing way of manipulating the English language - Shakespeare would've been proud. Also, the characters! ♥ And the light-hearted old-fashioned fairytale-ish of it all. Damn it, I hate ABC.
Character you're most interested in: All of them, honestly, but I really loved Ned and Emerson
Random thoughts: I should be reading for my Roman History class since I have a paper due in less than a week. Ah, well.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Yay! You're here