Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As far as I'm concerned, all that stuff in S8 didn't actually happen. Hyde never would've behaved that way. Neither would Jackie. So it wasn't them.

It's the same with any show or book or whatever. If the characters aren't behaving according to their long-established characterization, I don't know who they are.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

OK, I agree, your way is better!

The important thing that we all agree on is that J/H are endgame.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
OK, I agree, your way is better!
It makes me more peaceful about S8, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
The important thing that we all agree on is that J/H are endgame.
And they would've been, too, if we actually go by their characters -- and not what the writers thrust upon them (even in S7). Plot and conflict should grow organically from characterization -- not the other way around.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 PM
New Fan

whats better than a 70's show marathon??
70's show marathon on DVR LOL
slow motion j/h kisses are the best
Old 09-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyta0583 (View Post)
slow motion j/h kisses are the best
WANT. I'm sure I could do that with the DVDs... *ponders*

Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

^ Favorite episode!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:57 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
WANT. I'm sure I could do that with the DVDs... *ponders*

fav episode as well

i so need the dvds lol

on the thread titles, have you guys done a
because he was willing to take a punch from kelso for jackie
or something like that
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
because he was willing to take a punch from kelso for jackie
or something like that
Ooh, that's a good one. I'll add it to our Potential Titles list.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
^ Sooooooo loved this Title!!!!! =)
I realy need the DVd's from season 5-7... I've downloaded teh episodes... but I want the dvd's with all the extras!!!
Until now this seasons were not realeased on DVD here on Brasil!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

I think I want to own 5-7 on dvd as well. I mean, I watch non-stop on netflix but there is no slo mo kissing ability there.

There is really nothing better than watching them fall harder and harder for each other during S5. They grow closer with every episode. Its absolute perfection. I mean, until the stupid nurse thing, but whatevs...
Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Yay

i was just watching the Misty Mountain Hop and i read some other websites opinion on jackie and who she should have ended up with.....
what bothers me is the development process of the writers... yes kelso was a terrible choice, yes fez was a good character that didnt hurt or cheated on jackies character but the way they just threw the situation together......

im also of the friends generation i loved that show and, the writers of that show were extremely smart....
throw the viewers off with a rachel/joey thing but in the end the writers paired them perfectly ross and rachel...it would have been much much better for jackie and hyde to get together even after the samantha thing in a sort of ross/rachel scenario hehehehe
Old 09-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
im also of the friends generation i loved that show and, the writers of that show were extremely smart....
throw the viewers off with a rachel/joey thing but in the end the writers paired them perfectly ross and rachel...it would have been much much better for jackie and hyde to get together even after the samantha thing in a sort of ross/rachel scenario hehehehe
You are totaly rigth! I was just saying that the othar day. FRIENDS was perfect and the finally fit! Jusy like they did to Ross and Rahcel, they should have done to Jackie and Hyde. They should have worked thing out, even after Sam.
The allways reminded me of Chandler and Monica, not that their characters were anything alike, but because like C&M, J&H were a pleasent "surprise" (although if you watch the previous episode it gets pretty clear were the writers were heading...). And like them, they should have been together!!!
Why put J&H together if they were not going to be endgame???? Just to frustrate the fans???
But I guess that's what the original writers entended to do... I belive J&H were already decided to be endgame.. but the new writers on s8 were bigger fans of Fez and J&F pairing... so they just ignored the preavious 7 years of the show and forced the situation so T7S could be "That FEZ Show".
Old 09-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched "Join Together," and I have to say I really don't like how Hyde is written in this episode. He acts as if what Jackie did by pitting Kelso against him is as bad as him being impulsive and cheating on her with the nurse. It's so not.

The writers were just so bad at getting Jackie and Hyde back together. At least "Magic Bus" washes the crappy taste out of my... brain.

Also, it bothers me that Jackie thought Kelso to be a choice at all. Considering he cheated on her out of lust many times whereas Hyde cheated on her once out of anger, pain, and fear. So she could forgive Kelso but not Hyde? Seriously?

I'll be doing my best to address all that in the comics...

Old 09-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

I actually... I always thought that Jackie was not realy considering Kelso... not deep down. I think she just did to punish Hyde a little bit... for him to know that she had options... and so he wouldn't cheat on her again.
But I agree he was kind of a jerk,,, especially with that ridiculous date with that blonde "skank in the leather jacket".
But I could forgive the writers for pretty much anything a slong as they kept geting them back together!!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that the writers were lousy at J/H's reconciliations. They were always lacking something. BUT completely forgivable because at least they put our favorite couple back together.

As for Jackie's big "decision" between Hyde and Kelso... Like Ana said, I don't think Jackie really wanted to get back with Kelso, she was just using his interest in her to her advantage. Hyde hurt her and she wasn't going to take him back easily. Kelso was just the most convenient way she had to punish Hyde and force him to prove his love for her in a showy and un-Hyde-like fashion. Plus, she liked the attention, because --let's face it--this is Jackie we're talking about.

I think Jackie & Donna's conversation at the end of S5 really sums up where Jackie's heart was all along. Jackie says she "knows she loves Steven." And gives valid reasons for loving him (smart, deep, makes her think). She doesn't say she loves Michael, she just says he's "beautiful." It was a punchline.

And finally, she says this:
"Look, I know in a lot of ways, I need Steven. But Michael needs me. And it's nice to be needed."
I interpret this as... it's nice to be the one in charge-- its scary to be the one who "needs" the other one. She admits she NEEDS Hyde (and she knows Hyde is independent enough not to let himself "need" anyone). When you say you need someone, I think its obvious that they are your first choice. But that is also the scary choice, because you are making yourself vulnerable...

Anyway, I have obviously given this WAY too much thought. So, I'm glad you brought it up, Lisa. And I look forward to your comic interpretation of the whole situation.