Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice first post, gpgenabee! And welcome!

You hit the nail on the head: Hyde is, ultimately, a good person. He never would have given a random stranger something Jackie (the woman he actually loves) begged him for. No matter how angry he was.

I actually think he'd learned from his original breakup with her over making assumptions over her relationship with Kelso. More likely, after his anger calmed down, he would have remembered that and asked himself if it was worth losing Jackie forever over another assumption -- and then go and find out the truth this time instead of acting "impetuous and rash".

The writers of S8 did not know T7S -- and they didn't write it either. I made a few anti-S8 avatar/icons just 'cause. Feel free to use 'em if you like.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 02-13-2019 at 04:27 PM
Old 11-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

too be fair...Hyde couldn't remember ever getting married to the random stranger.

So while it's still horrible and they should have never did the storyline..i don't feel like he gave a random something Jackie begged him for. "Gave" imo means he consciously did it imo.

Now if you say...."he would have never stayed with the random stranger"...I 100% agree. That is really hurtful and you are right...Hyde would have never did that. That random stranger would have been out of the foreman house in 5 minutes.

But all of S8 is a joke to begin with. I don't acknowledge it.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks 4 the pics. i have 1 of those button makers where u can print pics and make buttons so im gonna do that. Why would jackie like someone who called her ugly on the inside? that is a BURN! "So this is how [it] ends...not with a bang, but with a whimper..." i heard this quote in a review of this season, and i find it fitting my idea of the show.
however,i have not lost hope. in about 6 months will be the 5 year anneversary of the show ending.even if we dont get a reunion that the show sets up, the characters could still use the props and costumes they took from the set to make a small reunion.if they dont like the ending, at least they can do something about it. they did that for the george lopez show, and i found it quite satisfying. now, what to do for the next 6 months?...
Old 11-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, i figured out how to end this series in my mind AND erase season 8. It is simple: all you do is put Jackie back in the hotel room, and have her wake up.she fell asleep reading her magazine It was all a nightmare, for us viewers and her. Hyde's still coming. he comes and their relationship continues. Eric misses his flight to Africa, and after some consideration he decides to stay in Point Place instead of catch the next flight. Charlie never dies. Kelso dates Brooke, and Laurie ends up coming back for Fez. @slicknickshady we cant rewrite the past of the show, but this could end up being part of the future. Normally i find it very lame when a show does that, but at this point i'd be willing to do the it was all a dream thing. im just hoping.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

somebody else better post right now! i feel awkward having my post be the top 1 for 5 days...
Old 11-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Ooooh I HATED s8! I finished it for the FIRST time just a day ago! Sucked, sucky, suck fest!

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

i know! i have the complete series stash box, and my cousin's like" lets watch season 8" i actually yelled out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and evry1 in the room stared at me. i mean, why would red ever want to move to the same place as bob?
Old 11-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgenabee (View Post)
i know! i have the complete series stash box, and my cousin's like" lets watch season 8" i actually yelled out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and evry1 in the room stared at me. i mean, why would red ever want to move to the same place as bob?
Why did they have to attempt to put Fez and Jackie together...yuck! I mean she went around the circle except Eric. I'd gone after Eric before Fez!

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Lisa, Im going to use these eventually.... I will credit you.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

By all means, Marizza!

And boo season 8!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
By all means, Marizza!

And boo season 8!
Thanks! and i agree.. boo season 8
Old 11-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Supreme Fan

I wonder if the final season would've been better if Seth came back instead of adding Randy (Josh Myers)?? Think about it. It was a lost cause anyway because of the absense of Topher and Ashton but Mitch was an interesting character.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hated Mitch. S8 would have been just as -worthy to me if his character had been on it.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Mitch wasn't that bad. I actually liked him in season five. Made me chuckle a few times.

And I swear, if they just kept Charlie on throughout the S8, I doubt it would have gone to hell like it did. I don't know why, it's just a feeling.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 11-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[FEZ] I said, "Hate Mitch"! [/FEZ]

Seriously do. Even though he gave me a few larfs, too...

Ah, the great Charlie vs. Randy debate.

S8 just should not have ever been. You can't take the star of the show away (Topher) and destroy what became the most beloved relationship of the series (J/H). One maybe the show could have survived. But both?