Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neby1224
I myself like the whole Hyde / Jackie relationship. They understood eachother in a way that no one understood them. The idea of her other then hyde is crazy. I wish they would have ended it with H/J. But I guess that is way there is fanfiction, so you can change it until you're staisfied.
^ That's an excellent point, the mutual understanding thing. It's funny, because I see J/F in that same light. And even though I'm bloody ecstatic over the whole thing, I totally understand how those who loved her with Hyde or Kelso feel now. It is odd and winding, the way it all happened, but it's also just a show we all use to escape from the insanity of life. No use getting ulcers over it.

As for the fanfic...I'm in the process of aiming for satisfaction.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Fantasy
It is odd and winding, the way it all happened, but it's also just a show we all use to escape from the insanity of life. No use getting ulcers over it.
Tell that to the avid J/H fans who frequented the J/H spoilers thread... There were ulcers and aneurysms galore!
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 06-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover
Tell that to the avid J/H fans who frequented the J/H spoilers thread... There were ulcers and aneurysms galour!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Extreme Fan

^ I figured. No, I'd just calmly go about handing out Rolaids and Xanax. Maybe some sympathetic head pats. Paper bags to breathe in.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
^ I figured. No, I'd just calmly go about handing out Rolaids and Xanax. Maybe some sympathetic head pats. Paper bags to breathe in.
You're sweet. Thanks for the paper bag. I actully feel a great deal of sympathy for the icebreakers.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Where were you during those times man! We needed you! Actually I needed you! I went to a lot of the season 8 tapings and watched H/S discussing their sex lives and J/F get together right in front of me!
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 06-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Where were you during those times man! We needed you! Actually I needed you! I went to a lot of the season 8 tapings and watched H/S discussing their sex lives and J/F get together right in front of me!
You don't need a paper bag. What you deserve is a medal of honor.

Merri
Old 06-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That wouldn't have worked well; I'd be on the edge of my seat with happiness (and hitting on both Mila and Wilmer during downtime, hee), meanwhile you'd be on the floor munching Rolaids out of a bag. Sad scenario, that.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cari
There were, Ashley, but they became disillusioned with the show and the direction it took, and the attitude of some of the Zennie fans who posted here, unfortunately
Old 06-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch
Bless you, m'love
Old 07-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I think the J/H relationship is y'know...stable. They did just break up but they know it was wrong and they love each other so they got back together. And I think the J/H relationship is way cute. J/K? Jackie and Kelso broke up then got back together....then broke up and got back together and broke up."I love you, I love you, I love you, [blows raspberry]" Heh, I knew Fez was right. I hate how Kelso would always cheat. But the thing I really HATED that Kelso was dating Laurie. That's not "cool" that's just unpleasent and disturbing.

WHOO!!!!! J/H rock out loud!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I HATE HATE HATE that they passed Jackie around like that! I think they just did it for that stupid Ferrari, Mustang, Donkey Cart joke I HATED THAT!!
It should have ended with Hyde or by herself. in any case, I think:

Kelso was a high school crush. You think you're in love, your attracted to looks and status and how you look together. The guy cheats cuz he's immature and not ready for a real relationship. The girl hangs on to it because she thinks it's love.
And then it fades away but you still yearn for it cuz it was your first.

Hyde was a total opposites attract. All I can think of is Elvin Bishop's " Fooled Around and Fell in Love". There was such a physical attraction that morphed into true adult love, accepting of each others faults but loving them anyway. It was sad that there was so little trust and I think Fez said it best....they were all hot for each other when it was secret and creepy and unatural. but then Jackie pushed for committment and Hyde pulled away. I think Hyde wanted to eventually marry her but he didn't want Jackie's ultimatums and when he found her with Kelso it destroyed him and he stayed with the stripper so he wouldn't get back with
Jackie. Of course I think Fans of the show read too much into the characters while the writers were just going for cheap jokes in S8. They had it so right. Where did they go so wrong?

Fez is a rebound. Jackie was so hurt by Hyde that she just wants someone now that will worship and obey her. There is no physical chemistry. They are like sis and bro. Fez just wants Jackie because she is beautiful. But we Zennies know that Jackie will tire of the worship, Hyde will tire of being an a--h--e and they will find each other again. Right Zennies?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay
I HATE HATE HATE that they passed Jackie around like that! I think they just did it for that stupid Ferrari, Mustang, Donkey Cart joke I HATED THAT!!
It should have ended with Hyde or by herself. in any case, I think:

Kelso was a high school crush. You think you're in love, your attracted to looks and status and how you look together. The guy cheats cuz he's immature and not ready for a real relationship. The girl hangs on to it because she thinks it's love.
And then it fades away but you still yearn for it cuz it was your first.

Hyde was a total opposites attract. All I can think of is Elvin Bishop's " Fooled Around and Fell in Love". There was such a physical attraction that morphed into true adult love, accepting of each others faults but loving them anyway. It was sad that there was so little trust and I think Fez said it best....they were all hot for each other when it was secret and creepy and unatural. but then Jackie pushed for committment and Hyde pulled away. I think Hyde wanted to eventually marry her but he didn't want Jackie's ultimatums and when he found her with Kelso it destroyed him and he stayed with the stripper so he wouldn't get back with
Jackie. Of course I think Fans of the show read too much into the characters while the writers were just going for cheap jokes in S8. They had it so right. Where did they go so wrong?

Fez is a rebound. Jackie was so hurt by Hyde that she just wants someone now that will worship and obey her. There is no physical chemistry. They are like sis and bro. Fez just wants Jackie because she is beautiful. But we Zennies know that Jackie will tire of the worship, Hyde will tire of being an a--h--e and they will find each other again. Right Zennies?
I completely, completely, agree. I also thought thy put Jackie with Fez for the Donkey Cart joke. ( I really like J/F together as friends because I very strongly feel the sibling vibe too and it kinda gives me the willys.) During the early seasons they show kids tha twere growing up with nothing to do but entertain each other. There was definitely broad humour and obvious steroetypes ( b*tchy cheerleader, paranoid rebel ) nontheless, the show had heart. The characters were decent and they all care about each other.

In the later seasons as much as I really like the dynamics of the J/H relationship and feel it is very realistic I think they ventured into melodramatic territory instead of capitalizing on the humour between two characters that are very different.

The final season was about cheap laughs not character development. What are you going to do? Because the last season had such a different feel to it ( I think it's wrong that they decided to continue without Topher Grace) it makes it easier in a way to ignore it. I know Topher has been bad mouthed but frankly I don't blame him for leaving and for trying to move on.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Jackie and Fez were put together just for a lame joke about donkey carts, and that's kinda mean and short-sighted to say. Jackie and Fez have a long history, admittedly with a break during the J/H years, but they still have a history together. I don't think the writers wrote J/F as a rebound relationship either, if anything, Jackie/Hyde were meant to be the rebound relationship, but they had such great chemistry and popularity, that the writers probably wanted to capitalise on that, and ironically, it became their downfall as they ran out of interesting, fresh things to do with them.

Again, it's just unfortunate for the dynamics of the group that there were only two girls and four guys. With Eric/Donna paired and never ever going to partner with other people (not even Hyde), then it just left Jackie unfortunately to switch partners.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry the comments weren't meant to be mean and yes I believe that the writers had originally meant to put J/F togetherafter J/K. In a similar vein, they were going to write a love triangle between H/D/E, but changed gears as the characters developed. Everything is just speculation and discussion. I truly like to read viewpoints of those I agree with and those I don't. However, in light of the way seasons 5-7 were written, the J/F ending appears to be a twist.

At the risk of being off topic with the show Friends, although Rachel and Ross were separated for a few seasons there were hints that they truly loved each other and that they would eventually be together.

On T7S especially during the 7th season I didn't feel that J/F were in love. There were many lines and episodes that indicated that J/H would end up together. So even in the likely event that they planned on having J/F be together, they changed gears and focused on J/H. Yes Fez was Prince Eduardo, but he also pushed Jackie so he could be with Rachel Bilson's character. This has been said a million times but having the Jackie character switch through three best friends is a bit much for many viewers. ( OK it's a bit much for me to stomach )

This all goes back to the writing being inconsistant. I continue to be sad for all zennies but I am truly happy for those that enjoyed the J/F end.( I like reading their posts and appreciate the pictures and comments they post.) So I hope differences of opinion will continue and be acceptable. Again I did not mean to offend and yes I know they are all fictional characters.

Last edited by relena; 07-20-2006 at 01:33 PM