Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2020, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

I’ve noticed that I like a lot of the same shows as you all. And I’ve actually seen and enjoy most of the shows Lisa mentioned, so I guess I was right. I’m not very picky, though. I’ll watch just about anything. But I do love comedies. Anything that will make me laugh. I do not like horror or anything with a lot of violence. I also really enjoy most documentaries and murder mysteries. But again, no violence please. I cannot look at that.

But I’ll start with Lisa’s recommendations! Thank you!
Old 03-19-2020, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome, Kayla!

What We Do in the Shadows does have some mild comedic violence and blood. Vampires and all. It's not horror in the least, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on that.

Some more comedy recs.

One Day at a Time (Netflix). The modern version. It's a fun and heart-felt family comedy. Season 4 is going to start on POP TV (cable channel) soon.

Carol's Second Act (on TV, CBS All-Access, and Amazon). A really fun show starring Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond, The Middle) as a 60-something-year-old medical intern after having earned her medical degree (after leaving her teaching career).

There's also a a few older, enjoyable comedies (from the '80s and '70s) that are on cable TV, like Benson, The Golden Girls, The Jeffersons, Three's Company.

The Acorn TV channel has lots of UK murder mystery series.

---

Lulu, .
Old 03-20-2020, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love What We Do in the Shadows
Old 03-20-2020, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

One Day At A Time is wonderful! Golden Girls is a classic, of course. Some more of my forever favourites in comedy are Brooklyn 99, Community, 30 Rock, What We Do In The Shadows and The Good Place. I know some of these were mentioned before and you've probably seen some of them already, but I figured I'd give you that list. Also, I have no idea how available those are on streaming services in the US.

Oh! I also really love Sex Education on Netflix. It's about a high school and one of the kids giving sex advice to his class mates. It's really funny, has a lot of heart and the look and feel of the show is great too.

But yeah, I think you might be set for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Old 03-20-2020, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's one of my favorite shows right now. I'm really looking forward to season 2.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
It's one of my favorite shows right now. I'm really looking forward to season 2.
Well I guess I know what I’m starting with.

And there’s supposed to be a shelter-in-place order for my entire state today. So yeah, I’ll have plenty of time to binge-watch.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzhopper (View Post)
Old 03-20-2020, 02:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

How are you guys holding up?
Old 03-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good, you?
Old 03-20-2020, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thank you, Lulu. The ol' girl (hard drive) lasted seven or eight years of continual use. I wish I could've gotten a few more years out of her, but ... alas.

You know that expression, "I wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot pole"? I think we're there. Also, makes me think of the scene in "Jackie's Cheese Squeeze" where Eric's ordering Jackie around, and he tells her to scratch his back, and she does it with some kind of kitchen utensil. There's a similar scene on 30 Rock.

I hope you are, too, Dasha!

Give my best to Matt, Colleen. He's really doing the best he can, given everything. Does his workplace have personal-distancing and cleanliness protocols in place?

Thank you, Kayla. It does suck. But it could be/could've been worse.
Sorry for the delayed response, have somehow been busy the past few days. His work has put into a lot of protocols to handle whats going on. They have not ordered to be closed so they are staying open but keeping it kind of a skeleton crew. With Matt getting his promotion right now he has to be there.

Hope you are all doing well and hanging in there!

I second what Lisa said about Psych, it is one of my Matt and mine’s favorite shows.
I am an original”
Old 03-20-2020, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Psych is certainly pretty great too
Old 03-21-2020, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

I like Psych. Never finished it though...
Old 03-21-2020, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
How are you guys holding up?
So far, okay. My new hard drive arrived yesterday, so today I'll start getting my laptop in working order. How go things where you are, Dasha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyak0807 (View Post)
Well I guess I know what I’m starting with.
Feel free to share how/if you like the show (or if it's not for you).

Quote:
And there’s supposed to be a shelter-in-place order for my entire state today. So yeah, I’ll have plenty of time to binge-watch.
Every state is going to adopt that sooner rather than later, I think. People are gonna be watching a lot of TV.

Quote:
Aw, it has one of my favorite TV finales. Might be time to finish it, Kayla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Sorry for the delayed response, have somehow been busy the past few days. His work has put into a lot of protocols to handle whats going on. They have not ordered to be closed so they are staying open but keeping it kind of a skeleton crew. With Matt getting his promotion right now he has to be there.
No apologizes necessary, Colleen. I'm sorry Matt has to work right now. But at least where he works is taking this virus seriously. And Matt will keep getting a paycheck.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Why's that?
Old 03-21-2020, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
So far, okay. My new hard drive arrived yesterday, so today I'll start getting my laptop in working order. How go things where you are, Dasha?

Feel free to share how/if you like the show (or if it's not for you).

Every state is going to adopt that sooner rather than later, I think. People are gonna be watching a lot of TV.

Aw, it has one of my favorite TV finales. Might be time to finish it, Kayla.

No apologizes necessary, Colleen. I'm sorry Matt has to work right now. But at least where he works is taking this virus seriously. And Matt will keep getting a paycheck.

That’s how we feel too. Every day he works is more money and in these uncertain times and with me temporarily not working it helps. Just gotta take it one day at a time.
I am an original”