Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I also liked that it just took a crack to her head to get her ear working
that ws soo funny

Quote:
I don't think her fiancee is dead
me neither cause they are so cute and I want themtogether

I loved the episode, and yeah I'm completely hooked, I loved that she's still trying to figure out everyhting.

I don't want the guy who was on GA to be a love interest cause I want Will back!

I liked this episode better it was more of everything, and it rocked!

There's no such thing as Mr. Right ...just Mr. Right Now

The ending with her sister that was soo sweet. I'm a crier I think I would have cried cause she said she didn't want to lose anyone else and that her sister was the only thing that made sense in her life
Old 10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

The ratings news was somewhat expected, every show there is a bit of a drop off but I was hoping Bionic Woman would beat Private Practice again.

Now to the episode:

The Good: Vast improvement over the premiere in terms of pace/acting (Katee Sackhoff aside) and story. I felt that Michelle Ryan improved somewhat from the premiere to this episode, and this is critical to the series. As much as Katee is liked and well received in her role (let's face it, it's much sexier and easier to pull off an anti-hero than it is to be the "the good guy") Michelle Ryan needs to carry this show. It is my personal belief that Bionic Woman will go as far as Michelle Ryan can carry it. So far, the verdict is still out.

Isaiah Washington's addition to the show. Grey's loss is Bionic Woman's gain. As a viewer who watches Grey's, I can tell you, the show could use Mr. Washington's services right about now. However, he's on Bionic Woman and did really well in his first episode. I think the scene with him and Michelle in the book store was one of the best scenes so far. He is steady and brings the best out of the people he works with. Jamie needs several teachers. Combat is one thing (good that they are finally showing that) but being tought on how to act in the field, and be a smart, tactical person is totally different.

"I like to give it a try, the whole saving the world thing"...Hm, OK. First, as Yoda once said, there is no try! Do or do not But moving on. Our reluctant heroine is slowly accepting her fate.

I like the relationship with Jamie and her sister a lot. I think it's vital to the show that it does not get lost in the shuffle. It really humanizes her, as much as people want to quote to her things like "the woman inside", etc, the love/connection with family is stronger than anything.

The dialogue had some rather comedic moments, which was good in such a "dark, realsitc and gritty show".

I mean when the guy shows up telling Jamie he's got 50 million dollars worth of "parts" invested in her she reply's "How about I pay you 20 dollars a month for a very, very long time"

The scene in the bar where she felt she needed to have sex with a random stranger was pretty good, when she slammed him I shouted "don't be a wuss", "suck it up" and keep going man

I mean her character came to life a little bit this episode from the first. Michelle Ryan showed some spunk and personality. There is hope.

I think it's imporant that they showed her dreams and ambitions need to changed and are changing. Her gilfriends are moving on to masters degree's or whatever and she is also forced to move on, helping the US government fight bad guys.

This is where the cross between: Alias and BSG becomes even more evident:

Katee was dynamic in her one scene. The suspence is great, what is her relationship and what happened to her! I mean that's just as compelling as what will happen to Jamie at this point.

The Bad:
I'm not feeling the cast all together yet. Their chemistry isn't quite right, I'm sure it'll get better with more experience and the longer the show goes. I like Jamie and Isaiah's pairing (not romantically, but as student/teacher). I like Katee with anyone on the show so far, but esp. Michelle Ryan. I guess we see more of that next week (can't wait) Catfight #2

OK, you are in the field Jamie, presummably on a mission, why isn't your phone on silent/vibrate? I thought it was cute that her sister calls and asks to find out where her "Tenacious D" t-shirt is, but come on! The fight with the terrorist guy was kind of lame. She got her butt kicked pretty much until the end.

They arrest the terrorist before they can launch their big assault with the chemical gasses, but the scene was short and kind of lame. Maybe they should have done that differently.

The Ugly: Nothing in this category yet, I hope to never have to use it

Overall grade for "Paradise Lost" 3 out of 5.

PS. I totally agree that Will is not dead. First, he was shot near the collarbone, which isn't fatal. Second he wasn't coding or dying when they "wheeled him off" to the hospital. Third, I just told you ealier, this is a cross between "Alias/BSG". If you remember, nobody really dies on Alias

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
PS. I totally agree that Will is not dead. First, he was shot near the collarbone, which isn't fatal. Second he wasn't coding or dying when they "wheeled him off" to the hospital. Third, I just told you ealier, this is a cross between "Alias/BSG". If you remember, nobody really dies on Alias
I want him back!

wow yours was really a good long review

Iliked the dog
Old 10-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

I think Will has to show up sometime during S1. It will be a better show if he does, as there are so many questions left to be answered

I've been known for "long reviews", but if you believe it or not, they used to be even longer! I've narrowed them down now to the 3 categories above plus a final grade for each episode.

the dog was alright

What is everyone's theory on where Will's father went and what his doing is in having Will "appear to be dead"?

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:13 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I finally got around to watch last weeks episode last night .

Overall I thought the second episode was a real improvement to the pilot, the characters seem more 'solid' now and the storyline begins to make more sense.

I'm not going to repeat everything you guys already said, but I want to comment on some things.

- Okay, so maybe I'm nitpicking but why have characters always have to do pull ups at bars so high that everyone else would break some bones if they'd fall down? I know Jamie's body is improved, but really I had to laugh at that scene.

- Loved the ear cracking thing, so funny

- Isaiah Washington is a good addition to the show, but I definitely don't want him to be Jamie's love interest . Teacher/Advisor yes, love interest no.

- It's great to see Jamie needs time to adjust to her new powers and needs training to master them. I would be unrealistical for her to know everything about her new 'job' just like that and without training, so I'm happy that we get to see her struggling and training.

- I don't think Will is death either, his wound didn't look so serious and - as you guys pointed out already - he didn't code or anything, so my money is on him being alive. And since someone mentioned Alias, Michael Vaughn was shot in the chest numerous times and yet he came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
Michelle Ryan needs to carry this show. It is my personal belief that Bionic Woman will go as far as Michelle Ryan can carry it. So far, the verdict is still out.
Agreed - she's the lead character, everything goes up and down with her performance .

Quote:
The scene in the bar where she felt she needed to have sex with a random stranger was pretty good, when she slammed him I shouted "don't be a wuss", "suck it up" and keep going man
@ the last part - Alex, you don't think the pain could be a bit too much after she broke his rips?

Quote:
Katee was dynamic in her one scene. The suspence is great, what is her relationship and what happened to her!
I think Sarah's background story is an integral part of the show - Jamie needs to learn what happened to her to avoid making the same 'mistakes'.

Quote:
I'm not feeling the cast all together yet. Their chemistry isn't quite right, I'm sure it'll get better with more experience and the longer the show goes.
Agreed - but IMO it improved compared to the pilot episode. Things are coming together right now, so we should see even more improvement in the upcoming episodes.

Quote:
She got her butt kicked pretty much until the end
She's not fully trained yet, so I expected her to get her but kicked in her first fight - but on the other hand, she did hold her own during her fight with Sarah last week .
Old 10-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
- Okay, so maybe I'm nitpicking but why have characters always have to do pull ups at bars so high that everyone else would break some bones if they'd fall down? I know Jamie's body is improved, but really I had to laugh at that scene.
This is they way I saw it. they knew she could jump across streets from building to building, But I'm guessing that is jumping at full out strength. I think they were trying to get her to use her abilities a little more subtley. You don't have to jump 50 ft in the air, try jumping just 15 ft.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFisher (View Post)
This is they way I saw it. they knew she could jump across streets from building to building, But I'm guessing that is jumping at full out strength. I think they were trying to get her to use her abilities a little more subtley. You don't have to jump 50 ft in the air, try jumping just 15 ft.
I know where you're coming from and I what TPTB were trying to achieve, but I still thought it was a bit over the top when I watched it .
Old 10-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Michael Vaughn was shot in the chest numerous times and yet he came back
Nad...that was one of the most ridiculous plots ever, even for Alias!

Quote:
she's the lead character, everything goes up and down with her performance
Which right now is somewhat uneven. Maybe she needs a few more episodes to "get into character".

Quote:
Alex, you don't think the pain could be a bit too much after she broke his rib
Nad, have you seen Michelle! He could have sucked it up and went on...I know I would have tried

Quote:
I think Sarah's background story is an integral part of the show - Jamie needs to learn what happened to her to avoid making the same 'mistakes'.
Couldn't agree more, I like them both in scenes together the most.

Quote:
but IMO it improved compared to the pilot episode. Things are coming together right now, so we should see even more improvement in the upcoming episodes.
Of course they did (which doesn't speak so kindly to the pilot that if it wasn't for Katee...well, let's not even type that!) I think they will get better with time and develop that chemistry, it's rare that you have it right off the bat. I just hope for their sake, the fans stay with the show and give them the time they need to mesh as a cast.

Quote:
She's not fully trained yet, so I expected her to get her but kicked in her first fight - but on the other hand, she did hold her own during her fight with Sarah last week
Exactly. Sarah is a lot tougher than some hired mercenary guy. I mean I want to see Jamie kicking booty and taking names. It's why we watch the show!

Old 10-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
Nad...that was one of the most ridiculous plots ever, even for Alias!
You won't get an argument from me, but it kinda proved the point - he was hurt far worse than Will and came back alive

Quote:
Which right now is somewhat uneven. Maybe she needs a few more episodes to "get into character".
Yeah, give her some time to "find" her character. On the other hand it's similar to what Jamie goes through right now - struggling to come to terms with her new self.

Quote:
Exactly. Sarah is a lot tougher than some hired mercenary guy. I mean I want to see Jamie kicking booty and taking names. It's why we watch the show!
Absolutely, it's an action show, so we definitely need more action (the character development shouldn't fall short, but action is what makes the show).
Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Total Fan

I really love this show. I am not into these kind of superficial shows but I decided to watch it one night since nothing I like was on and now I am hooked esp. after this episode! I love the last scene. I totally predicted it!

I already can't stand Sarah lol. - Jaime has to take her out!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

We are glad you are watching, make sure you visit us here on the board when you can

Quote:
I already can't stand Sarah lol. - Jaime has to take her out!
Sarah has her issues, but Jamie won't be taking her out anytime soon. She is just not ready yet Plus it's not fun when you take out the anti-hero in the beginning of the show

Alex