Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Roman Holiday" {1x11} USA Episode Discussion Thread

"Roman Holiday" - 1x11 USA Episode Discussion Thread

When Blair's father, Harold, comes home for the holidays with an unexpected guest -- his boyfriend, Roman -- Blair finds it difficult to hide her disappointment and hatches a plan to get rid of Roman for good.

Jenny and Vanessa help Serena plan the best Christmas surprise ever for Dan, who may have a surprise of his own in mind for Serena. Chuck texts Blair that Nate has joined him in Monaco, worrying Blair that Chuck may disclose the details of their hook-up.

Rufus refuses to remain the understanding husband any longer after Alison's former lover calls the house. Kelly Rutherford also stars.

The episode was directed by Michael Fields and written by Jessica Queller.

Now, go watch and have fun!!!!

Last edited by *Stacy*; 12-31-2007 at 01:05 PM
Old 12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Enjoy the episode guys!

{Max&Alec}
Old 12-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YAY!! I can't wait!!

Thanks for starting the thread Thaly!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 12-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

so excited
but ehhh why would Nate go to Mon. with Chuck?
seriously he can't ditch his girl, or whatever she is to him...on Christmas. THAT IS RIDICULOUS!

ahhhh 3 hours
Brody♥Bilson
Old 12-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ummm, Aliens In America is playing on my CW channel
Old 12-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aww, cute ep!

Dan/Serena: These two are just too cute for their own good. I couldn't help but laugh when Dan got published in the New Yorker, because just last night my dad was joking about sending one of my poems to it. Serena's present was amazing. And the look on her face when she saw Dan's story...ahh, I love them!

Blair: I honestly couldn't get into her story tonight. The whole thing with her father and Roman, and then Eleanor with that other guy...I didn't care for it. *shrug* I would've liked to have seen some Blair/Chuck interaction on the phone rather than text messages, but I guess that would've been asking for too much.

Lily/Rufus: I've been shipping them since the last episode, and tonight they broke my heart! Lily had better not say yes to Bart (I totally agree with Eric about his one facial expression )

Overall, it was cute, but it wasn't anything spectacular. The promo for Jan. 2 doesn't look like much either, but maybe it'll be better than expected. I hope so.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

hey guys..
i was wondering.. any promo after the episode??
Old 12-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe someday (View Post)
Ummm, Aliens In America is playing on my CW channel
I think they aired it on Monday night in Canada?

I liked the episode for what it was, but I didn't think it was that strong, tbh.

There were some moments I loved though: Roman showing Blair her room in his new house, most of Serena's scenes and how thoughtful she was looking for the perfect gift for Dan (although i wish it was her idea), and the coda with the families. Oh! And RL at the end.

My favorite story was with Blair and her family, I like how her mother tried to explain the situation to Harold and understood her daughter a bit. I was confused with Chuck's text though? Was he taunting her telling her "oh who could i tell??" and it turns out that he's with Nate? Or was he saying he actually wouldn't tell even though he was with N?

Some of Blair's lines made me lol! "Oh, just buy him a new outfit for Cedric and call it a day!" "So we could text each other!" etc etc.
The promo for the next two eppies looked good!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Promo for Gossip Girl Episode 112 School Lies here:

Gossip Girl Commercial Free Commercials
Old 12-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Tonights Episode was beautiful. I felt the feeling and just the true emotion of the character. I still think the writing needs to be a little better but besides that I love this show so much, such a guilty pleasure-except im not guilty that I love it.

Bart proposing to Lily, right when Rufus was calling to maybe start a relationship with her. I just love how " ironic" that is, if that is even the word. I love Rufus and Lily so much and I am so glad Alison is going away.

Vanessa is a really good person and She so loves Dan. And Like Blair said, Serena looks for the good in people but she looks for the truth. And obviously Vanessa is in love with Dan..cant wait till that happens =/ Serena and Dan were so cute. the snow, the tree, 10-8-05 <3- and just everything about them was so cute. Serena looked soooo gorgeous tonight!! I just love she is like half naked with Bart Bass on Christmas Morning, lol!

Blair's whole family I love. They all have outer shell, and when you break through-you meet the kindest and coolest and sweestest people. I love Blair, she is so real. She just is a sweet person on the inside and I think that she just wants to be loved and wanted.

Chuck and Nate I missed you so much <3 You guys are soo hot, haha. At least we got a picture of you too (:
Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

I was ready to dislike this episode bc of no Chuck (AGAIN!) but I actually enjoyed it.It was a good holiday episode.My thoughts:

Blair Bear - I love her always.No one is better at manipulating and plotting.Poor Blair though.All she wanted was Christmas with her dad and he just didn't understand it.And random note but oh wow,the ice skating rink they went to is where I had ice skating class in high school That was funny for me.

Perfect Derena - I've realized that I've started to get neutral feelings for Dan and Serena.I enjoy them but at the same time,I never feel that much of anything.They're cute but I wouldn't care if they broke up.They just need a bit of drama.Still...the snow thing was pretty great.I want someone to do that for me

Vanessa *The Best Friend* - Another in a long line of best friends in love with their best friends who then spend the rest of the season pining.Poor Vanessa.I'm glad that it seems like they're finally getting her more into the show (like the scene with Blair and the scenes for next time).But I don't know if I can watch her pining and getting her heart broken every episode.It might be too much.

The Love that is Lily&Rufus - So I always liked them...then last episode,I realized I more than liked them and now I'm in love.For some reason,I was crushing on Rufus this episode He looked so sad and vulnerable at the end.Oh Lily...don't marry Bart (although seeing Chuck and Serena as future step siblings would be genius)! These two belong together.I ship them more than Dan/Serena but at the same time,I'm scared for them bc D/S and R/L can't be together at the same time as it is too weird.

Courtyard!!! - I saw the first 5 min of the episode being filmed! I was like 'AHH!' when I saw it on the screen.I showed my roomate where I was when it was being filmed haha.We screamed.

Love = Text Messaging - Chuck/Blair for life.Blair is so into him.It's obvious to all of us but not to her.I loved Chuck's texts...at least it made me feel like he was there in spirit.But didn't the Chuck/Nate pic at the end look like they were on a gay cruise?

Best Line of the Episode - "He only has one facial expression.It scares me" Oh Eric!

I'm looking forward to the remaining two episodes...which hopefully will not be the last but by the way things are going,will probably be the last of the season
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morplatt (View Post)
Promo for Gossip Girl Episode 112 School Lies here:

Gossip Girl Commercial Free Commercials
YAY!!
thank you soooooooooo much!!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, thanks for the promo! Looks exciting.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I hate how they blurred out the scenes in the promo! makes me want to watch the episode even more.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Blair - Completly awesome again. She's just the best. I love the way they handled her father's storyline and it was so sweet that her father has a room for her in his house. My favorite Blair scene was when she talked to Vanessa. GO BLAIR!
I can't believe Nate went to see Chuck in Europe instead of going to see Blair. Nate is screwing up AGAIN.

Dan/Serena - Beautiful. At first I thought the story was about Vanessa but thankfully I was wrong The snow scene was just one of the best GG scenes ever and the morning after was great too. This couple is just one of the best

Rufus/Alison - I LOVE the scene they decided to split up. Both actors gave great performances and it felt so real. Kudos to the writers too.

Rufus/Lily - I'm getting more and more into this couple. It's a pity Lily didn't pick up the phone