Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I'd have stopped shipping them if they had been ruined in that way anyway, so.... endgame really doesn't mean a lot to me at all.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
This vid is

THiS is what will happen. i agree. The endgame writing was hortible. A ten second wedding for CB & a DS wedding after five years of dating (prob Dan waiting for Blair), that Dan wasnt really into. Serena was his second choice.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

That she was, I still don't understand how Serena could have married Dan after all the hurt he put her through as GG :look; I guess she just wanted the guy more than anything

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Exactly. It's not romantic at all - & if we're really meant to buy that Dan has been GG all along, he is a sociopath! He's not the show's hero & certainly not the romantic one! How do the writers not see it that way?

Anyway, happier times before the writers retconned everything.....remember when Dan was the amazing guy who would raise a child with Blair that wasn't even his?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for all the compliments on the OP guys!! Means a lot, even if a lot of the credit is to the gif makers on tumblr

Quote:
Anyway, happier times before the writers retconned everything.....remember when Dan was the amazing guy who would raise a child with Blair that wasn't even his?
That's the Dan I'll always remember and love, the one who Blair referred to when said 'Some guys stay good no matter how they're treated' That's the real Dan
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I feel the same way

Dan had such a good heart & his love for Blair was so selfless (as well as pure & simple) & that's the way love should be
Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~tammy~ (View Post)
Thanks for all the compliments on the OP guys!! Means a lot, even if a lot of the credit is to the gif makers on tumblr

That's the Dan I'll always remember and love, the one who Blair referred to when said 'Some guys stay good no matter how they're treated' That's the real Dan
I always loved that quote.

Endgame is over rated.

If the journey sucks then it doesn't even mean anything IMO.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 02-26-2013 at 08:06 PM
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Agreed

Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

never realized how overrated endgame was until this show tbh.
good job GG.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure how one can believe in 2 different Dan's simultaneously though

I mean, either it's all BS/an asspull (and the 'real' Dan was the amazing guy we knew and loved) or it's not and he's a sociopath. He can't be one for Blair and the other for Serena.

I'm not buying the inane crap the writers/Savage/etc were selling, so I choose to just laugh at the stupid Dan is GG 'reveal' - therefore if I choose this route, the Dan who ended up with S is the same one I always & therefore not sociopathic, toxic etc.

The CB thing is different because that has consistently been Chuck's character - look how he started out in the pilot, and it all continued in s3 & 4. I refuse to give this 'GG' thing the same credence.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Yea, since it makes absolutely no sense anyway, i choose to disregard the last 5 minutes of the finale.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really wonder if there is even one person other than Savage that thought making Dan GG was a good idea.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay! We made it to 200 threads!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
Yea, since it makes absolutely no sense anyway, i choose to disregard the last 5 minutes of the finale.

^ Same. I have a good laugh at all the memes etc. but that's about it. Of course, people can choose to buy it or not, it's up to personal interpretation.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Congrats on 200 threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by **bittersweet** (View Post)
The endgame writing was horrible. A ten second wedding for CB & a DS wedding after five years of dating (prob Dan waiting for Blair), that Dan wasnt really into. Serena was his second choice.
I was always rooting for Dair and Serenate to end up together, but NOPE the writers did the exact opposite. The only time I liked DS was way back in season one. But if you actually look closely, Dan always looks so bored and out of it when he's with Serena. Blair brought out the best in him