Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Imagine if you had

According to tweets there was a red carpet but we've gotten zero pap pics.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that haircut.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She wanted a change which is very understandable.

Quote:
Leighton Meester moving to LA

Leighton Meester is moving to Los Angeles now that her series “Gossip Girl” has finished. Michelle Trachtenberg hosted a dinner for Meester, plus friends and co-stars, at Midtown brasserie Lexington Brass on Saturday, to bid her bon voyage. After dinner, the group attended a “Gossip Girl” wrap party at the New York Palace. Later Meester and Trachtenberg, with Chace Crawford, Ed Westwick, Penn Badgley and Kelly Rutherford, continued celebrating at Meapacking District club Tenjune
x
Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

She looks gorgeous loving the new haircut!!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait for more and better pics of it
Old 10-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Leighton Meester hosts Flaunt Magazine Fetes Latest Issue With Diesel Black Gold & Stetson Bourbon held at Ink on October 25, 2012 in Los Angeles, California.
She's wearing Mary Katrantzou, I've waited for this tbh.

And part of her Flaunt cover, looks cool

ETA: Sorry abou the dp!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

Same here! I love MK and probably Leighton was one of the few celebs that hadn't worn one of her outfits yet.

Are her hair shorter behind and longer in the front? The only thing I don't like it's the make up. Too light :/ I'm not a fan of natural make up and since she's wearing white, maybe red lips would've been better to contrast.

And btw this means we're close to have her photoshoot!!

More pics:

Old 10-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

MK fits Lei very well imo.

I think it's all the same length but the styling makes it appear to be longer in front. I actually like the makeup, she looks like a doll.

Here's a pic from the photoshoot, a bit of a NSFW warning on it though. Anthony Vaccarello dress and lustworthy Louboutins.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Elite Fan

I don't really love natural looks but that's because I'm a fan of panda eyes and eyeliner

The cover looks good and I can't wait to see more pics!

I love MK, her dresses are perfect for tiny people like Leighton because you can appreciate the prints on them better.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a skincare girl so I'm all for the natural look. I don't even think I've owned eyeliner, but that's because I suck at makeup, I love the way it looks.

MK is a really cool designer, her prints can look wacky on some people but totally work on others.

Bringing this over from the LM board:
Quote:
Good Ink: Flaunt fetes cover girl Leighton Meester
By Booth Moore and Adam Tschorn
October 26, 2012, 3:00 p.m.

Flaunt magazine hosted a dinner at Ink restaurant on Melrose Avenue on Thursday night to celebrate its current cover star Leighton Meester.

The evening was a blast, thanks in part to the special themed cocktails (including a Flaunt Sazerac that used the spirits of liquor sponsor John B. Stetson Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, and a Black and Gold Sling, named in honor of the evening's other sponsor, the Diesel Black Gold fashion label) and a menu that included blackberry gazpacho with crème fraîche "snow," and beef shortribs plated with two lumps of "black charcoal" (that turned out to be inky black baby new potatoes).

Flaunt's guest list was as indelible and perfectly paired as Michael Voltaggio's cuisine. In addition to Meester -- who used the evening to debut a new short ‘do -- attendees included burlesque star Dita von Teese, Liz Goldwyn and actor Walter Goggins ("Justified").

Founded in 1998 by Editor-in-Chief Luis Barajas and creative director Jim Turner and based in Los Angeles, Flaunt is a local treasure, an independently produced magazine with an edgy point of view (expletives are used liberally) that is produced 10 times a year. Despite having only seven full-time staffers, Barajas and his team manage to produce one of the most creative publications on newsstands, with a circulation just under 100,000. There’s a zine-like quality to Flaunt, with its themed issues, sexually charged photo shoots with up-and-coming stars looking to open up new doors for themselves, free-form Q&As and artist collaborations.

One of the most memorable, Flaunt’s July issue was denim from cover-to-cover, with in-depth stories on some of the coolest denim labels around, and wonderfully wacky denim ads-- blue jeans that unfolded like a chain of paper dolls to form a laundry line of blue jeans off the page, two-dimensional back pockets stuffed with bandannas and the like.

“The Mother Issue” featuring Meester begins with a dedication page to the fashion matriarch Diana Vreeland, before moving on to stories about Mark Newson, the joys of spanking and “what pro-lifers really mean to be saying.” Meester has never looked hotter, wearing lots of leather, leopard print and lip gloss, posing with a pair of nearly nude models--the “Gossip Girl” all grown up.

“It was the best magazine cover shoot EVER,” said Meester, who wore a Mary Katrantzou hangar-print dress to the Ink affair. “Everyone was so open. The clothes were amazing and the pictures turned out great.”

Rather than being a hurdle, Barajas considers the magazine’s distance from the New York-centric publishing world to be an advantage. “L.A. is the pulse for art, fashion and the street,” he said. “We just do what we want. If you have a great idea, you can call us—even if you’re not [famed fashion photographer] Steven Klein.”

Barajas and company seem to relish forging unusual partnerships -- like the soon-to-be-announced collaboration with the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas, some fruits of that pairing can be found between the covers of this issue. (At 366 pages, No. 124 is the largest issue ever, set to hit newsstands Nov. 1). Included inside are custom-made Do Not Disturb door tags designed by David LaChapelle, the Date Farmers, Theo-Mass Lexileictous, Jean-Charles De Castelbajac, Alan Aldridge and Bert Rodriguez.

Then, in December, Flaunt will celebrate 14 years with an all-metal cover.

We can’t wait to see what that looks like.
X
Old 10-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

Cool, can't wait to see the rest
Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait either. Seems like I'll be able to get the issue here but it'll take some time
Old 10-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

Some preview of the Flaunt shoot has been released. I must say I am really not enthralled by this shoot :/ the clothes are amazing but she has the same face on most of the pictures and the whole concept is not something exceptional - but I do not really love Flaunt's raunchy shoots

COVER [warning: NSFW]: http://i.imgbox.com/adwYxBf9.jpg
[warning: NSFW]: http://i.imgbox.com/adzirLlD.jpg
[warning: NSFW]: http://i.imgbox.com/acczo0T5.jpg

Last edited by purplebass; 10-31-2012 at 03:20 AM
Old 10-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually like it, it's not my favorite of her photoshoots but it's different and not so happy-go-lucky. The really heavy makeup on her cheekbones can be one of the reasons for the lack of variety when it comes to her facial expressions as well as the idea behind the photoshoot.

Another pic (NSFW) and here is the real cover
Old 10-31-2012, 03:16 AM
Elite Fan

The cover is not bad though because I like the effect. The pic where she's turned is also a tad better than the others because her expression and make up/outfit is in line with the concept more than the other pics.

Here's some more:

NSFW: (Is she wearing Versace in this one right?) http://105.imagebam.com/download/6h6...91-749-960.jpg