Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefield10 (View Post)
Got to disagree with you there It was awful
lol I loved both their imitations
Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a feeling, due to the insane amounts of Chace/Penn we've gotten recently.... They may be setting us up for a Dan/Vanessa/Nate triangle. Or Dan/Serena/Nate. I don't know how I feel about either of those.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

I lOved their ed imitations!

So Adorable!
I've been underwater, breathing out and in
I think I'm losing where you end and I begin icon:iris
Old 04-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

HAH at Penn and Chace. LOL
Old 04-23-2008, 02:26 AM
Passionate Fan

awww ahah Chace is adorable, his and Penn's Ed imitations were hilarious!! LOL
those two are awesome, the whole cast really is. =]
Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
I have a feeling, due to the insane amounts of Chace/Penn we've gotten recently.... They may be setting us up for a Dan/Vanessa/Nate triangle. Or Dan/Serena/Nate. I don't know how I feel about either of those.
I don't know. I think they just send whomever is available and not working on-set. LOL.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
They are trying to get as much promotion as they can, but I think there will be both triangles.
Every actor is everywhere.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
'Gossip' fans are dishing about the 'Girl's' clothes
By CRISTINA KINON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, April 23rd 2008, 4:00 AM

'Gossip Girl" may not be a ratings giant yet, but the CW teen drama has already shown an uncanny ability to affect style trends at large.

"Where is Serena's tan leather jacket in 'The Blair Bitch Project' episode from?" wrote one fan on CWTV.com Tuesday. "Who is the designer? I need it!"

Monday night's episode of "Gossip Girl," the show's first since the writers strike this winter, scored its third-best performance ever with its target demo of adults aged 18-34. It pulled in 2.44 million viewers overall.

CW executives are encouraged by those numbers and by the rabid buzz the show is receiving online - especially when it comes to "Gossip Girl's" fashion following.

"We're very encouraged by [Monday] night's ratings, especially after three months' hiatus," Rick Haskins, executive vice president of marketing and brand strategy for the CW, told the Daily News. "Plus, we get well over 3 million page views a day on the 'Gossip Girl' site, and its fashion page is one of the most popular destinations on CWTV.com."

"Gossip Girl's" online style portal includes a point-and-click feature that lets fans search for the clothes and accessories seen on the show by brand, character, episode or product description. Also, the show's costume designer, Eric Daman, hosts his own blog where he answers reader questions and posts video of himself in the "Gossip Girl" costume house.

"Girls like to play dressup and I think we have created a fantasy land for them to dream about and be inspired by," said Daman. "Young girls like to emulate these new icons and it gives them a sense of belonging but also a freedom to express themselves."

"For this show, especially with our female demo, they just can't get enough," said Haskins. "The fashion is such an integral part to the characters."

The CW announced last week it would no longer stream new episodes of "Gossip Girl" on The CW Television Network, CWTV.com - Home of Gossip Girl, America's Next Top Model, One Tree Hill, Smallville, Supernatural, The Game, Beauty and the Geek, Everybody Hates Chris and more because it seemed to be siphoning off its cable audience, but the site will continue to provide two-minute show recaps and postshow interviews with series co-creator Josh Schwartz, as well as original fashion content, including contests.

"All the time, we get, 'I wish I had so-and-so's wardrobe,' so don't be surprised if we have a contest like Win Blair Waldorf's Wardrobe," said Haskins. "Or Dress Like Serena for a Day. We do have those kinds of plans for down the road."

Ultimately, Haskins views "Gossip Girl's" style mavens as the ones who are going to make the show must-see TV.

"They log on and it's 'OMG!, I love this purse,' 'I love these shoes,' 'I wonder where I can get that outfit,'" Haskins said.

"It's those people that are obsessed with the fashion of 'Gossip Girl' that are going to be talking about the show all the time," Haskins said. "They are going to be the show's ambassadors to people who may not have seen it yet and get them onboard."
'Gossip' fans are dishing about the 'Girl's' clothes
Old 04-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chace's laugh FTW! so adorable.

love them together. thanks for sharing all the stuff! (:
Old 04-23-2008, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
"We're very encouraged by [Monday] night's ratings, especially after three months' hiatus," Rick Haskins, executive vice president of marketing and brand strategy for the CW, told the Daily News. "Plus, we get well over 3 million page views a day on the 'Gossip Girl' site, and its fashion page is one of the most popular destinations on CWTV.com."
i'm really glad to hear they are happy about the ratings.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL, if they're happy I guess I'm happy too?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
LOL, if they're happy I guess I'm happy too?
I see it like that LOL. They seem in love with Gossip Girl as much as we are.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

WOW! I'm shocked I can't believe that they're happy... well if they're happy I guess we should be happy.

Dan♥Serena Stefan♥Elena Booth♥Brennan Katniss♥Peeta
Old 04-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all posting!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm shocked CW happy too...but even TV GUIDE said that Gossip Girl gave its 3rd best performance in the demos...IN the end that is MORE important than the actual ratings because that is what advertisers look at...I just hope the ratings don't drop off next week

I can't believe GG site gets over THREE MILLION hits a day!! When are all these people watching???