Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ep: 1x11 "Roman Holiday" Canadian Discussion Thread

"Roman Holiday" - 1x11 Canadian Episode Discussion Thread

When Blair's (Leighton Meester) father, Harold (guest star John Shea), comes home for the holidays with an unexpected guest -- his boyfriend, Roman (guest star William Abadie) -- Blair finds it difficult to hide her disappointment and hatches a plan to get rid of Roman for good.

Jenny (Taylor Momsen) and Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) help Serena (Blake Lively) plan the best Christmas surprise ever for Dan (Penn Badgley), who may have a surprise of his own in mind for Serena. Chuck (Ed Westwick) texts Blair that Nate (Chace Crawford) has joined him in Monaco, worrying Blair that Chuck may disclose the details of their hook-up.

Rufus (Matthew Settle) refuses to remain the understanding husband any longer after Alison's (guest star Susan Misner) former lover calls the house. Kelly Rutherford also stars.

The episode was directed by Michael Fields and written by Jessica Queller.

Rules!

1. Spoilers will be in the comments for the full episode.
2. Please leave all Episode Discussion to this post. Do not post in character/actor threads, music thread, etc where things can be further discussed.
3. As hard as it may be and if you want to make icons or art, please share them in this thread only, but to help our friends out, don't use them on LJ or this board.
4. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship, try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one you like and be positive.
5. If you get the episode early, make sure you wait until it airs on the eastern side of Canada first or at the same time. That way they can come get excited and not worry about the earlier ones getting ahead.

Now, go watch and have fun!!!!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 12-17-2007 at 03:24 PM
Old 12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait til i get to see it
So we have to wait to talk about the epi til it's air in usa on the rest of the board?

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 12-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, here only.

icon by jess
Old 12-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just wanted to check so i don't do something stupid
What is the time by the way? B/c i had a dream on reading some comments before going to bed.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Passionate Fan

how long till it starts?....'cause sara i share your dream
Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right now on the east coast, it's 5:07pm. So a couple more hours and it will start.

Guys, also help me. Thaly won't be around tonight and while the show is airing i'll be at Nat's school program. Please if you find anyone posting spoilers on the regular threads, pm me or let them know to edit.

icon by jess
Old 12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm sure ppl will help you
I thought i maybe will go to bed if it's only 5pm. I can never make it to 3am.
Have fun at Nat's thing
i'm hoping FF is better to me tomorrow.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Can't wait to see your comments! You guys MUST tell me about any Rufus/Lily action and anything to do with Blair!!

YES!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and DS please...

Old 12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Okay I just saw it....its awesome
Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Details....please!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Absolute Fan

DETAILS! Begging! lol!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

okay

rufus picks up a card that allison's lover alex sent her and asks her to meet him somewhere in town. There is an awkward moment cause dan/jenny are there.

later rufus goes to have head to head with alex...but learns that allison spoke to him earlier (few days earlier)....rufus confronts allison about this...they breakup later in the episode ( and I don't even ship them...just can't stand allison)

rufus calls lily...they have an awkward convo...where she asks why he called and he says nothing than finally merry xmas...and lily prattles on about spending xmas in some island retreat with bart.

at the end of the episode rufus calls lily...but she doesn't pick up cause bart proposes to her in front of erik and serena

rufus leaves a longwinded message in the snow about how much he misses her. its so sad that I nearly bawled

DS Action

-serena and dan go on about xmas stuff
-vanessa (will the girl ever go away? ) gives him the ultimate present by entering his story into a writing contest...it gets published
-serena spends most of the episode racking her brain for a present...she gets dan an expensive present which he says he can't take and they strike a deal about not spending more than 50 bucks on a present. on her way out of the cafe vanessa smugly offers to help her choose the perfect present for dan...serena says thanks but she'll manage.

eventually serena relents calls vanessa for help. they end up arranging this intricate fake winter wonderland for him. during the planning blair notices vanessa is a little to into this...and pulls her aside to get an extra pair of scissors (i love blair) and says that she thinks vanessa likes dan a little too much and vanessa gets all snotty and oh really...so blair says she should know that she's watching her... (ha! love it)

later serena calls dan to tell him to come to the gallery which was decorated in snow stuff with a snazzy bed int he middle...(i am hoping vanessa didn't come up with that one cause it distrubs me) and dan tells serena that the story was about the day he met her and shows her the original notebook version of the story (which is titled 10-8-05).

Dan and SErena do the nasty....later they snuggle in bed all post-coital like...i was spoiled and I was hoping they'd done it on the floor....(but I'll settle for this )

any other specifics you all want?

later

ETA:

Blair stuff--there is a lot...

Blair is all excited about her dad coming and is thinking she can convince him to stay..she is surprised when roman shows up. They all go skating in the park together including elanor. Roman can't skate. He starts flailing about like a freak and blair reaches out her arm like she's gonna catch him only to trip him... HA I love Blair she's so entertaining.

Blair is wondering whats up with chuck and starts texting him like mad. She even asks him at one point not to tell what happened between them....and chuck texts back with "who would I tell" and a pic of him and nate. To me it seemed like she sort of missed him and wondered why he wasn't going after her while at the same time paranoid that he'd tell nate what happened...

blair finds out about roman's scandalous ex...and arranges to have him show up at the xmas party only to her dads chigrin....she gots caught out because apparently elenor is just like our blair.

elenaor points out that blair may act like an adult but is still a little girl who needs are daddy (aww). Can I say Blair's dad needs to be shot in the head.

anywhoo he makes it up to her by showing her a cd of pics of his house in france which includes a room for blair...blair is happy now...

Last edited by ds44; 12-17-2007 at 05:53 PM
Old 12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks Genki
Is it a good DS epi? I known you are a DS fan, that is why i ask

Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

OMG. Shu, thanks so much.

The story was about Serena. How cool is that? Finally, she knows that he knew her before they actually met at the Palace. I love this.

As for V, yeah I wish she would go away but does she have any idea that story was about Serena? Because that would be classic!

ETA: So Rufus writes songs about Lily and Dan writes stories about Serena! This is sweet!

Dan/Serena ~ Castle/Beckett~Ben/Meg~Peter/Olivia~Felicity/Ben~Amy/Ephram: I DO IT ALL FOR YOU. FOREVER MINE