Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

"The End of the Affair?" 5x11 - Episode Discussion Thread

5x11: The End of the Affair?

Writer: Sarah Goodman
Director: Michael Grossman

EPISODE DESCRIPTION: GOSSIP GIRL RETURNS!/VERA WANG MAKES A CAMEO - Through a series of emotional flashbacks, Blair reveals to Serena what really happened in the aftermath of her tragic car accident with Chuck. Meanwhile, Nate discovers information about the accident that suggests possible foul play. Lily is worried by Charlie's long absence and decides to hire a private detective to track her down. Vera Wang makes a cameo as herself at Blair's dress fitting. Penn Badgley and Matthew Settle also star.

PROMO!

Gossip Girl - The End of The Affair? Preview - YouTube

RULES!

1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship,
try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one
you like and be positive, please. Let's remember to show
our fellow posters some respect, thanks. :]
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode
but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something,
don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it.
Any posts with that topic will be deleted.
4. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Your mods!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can't wait :p
Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Total Fan

Who's going to livewatch?

M A L E X
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Can I just say that episode was a complete contrived mess just to keep CB apart why won't the writers just let them be happy together , I mean they had to resort to God as CB's last roadblock! They have NO other reason to keep them apart at this point, so they literally have god come between them
They have ripped off the end of the affair plot COMPLETELY and closed off all the interesting storylines (baby/miscarriage, people not knowing about the pact etc.) These writers don't deserve their job

Best part of the whole ep was EL in that last scene and the wicked games song

She kissed him for the very first time, completely unaware that she was the dream. She was his dream!
Where everything’s nothing without you

ChuckBlair

Last edited by iszy; 01-16-2012 at 07:23 PM
Old 01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

It's actually ridiculous at this point that Chuck and Blair aren't together. It's becoming more and more clear that the writers don't know how to write a couple being a couple.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love the idea of Gossip Girl. There are so many intriguing aspects and couples that should be explored. But for me, this episode was poorly written. It was just.. bad. There were good moments but not enough to overcome. It's a shame.
Doesn’t even bother trying. Savage Mac wants to invite it to come out and play. I think she’s nuts.
Nuts, I tell you
Old 01-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Elite Fan

DS & DB NS was good
other - blah

CBCBCBCBCBCBCBCBCBLBLBLBLBL- as usual
Old 01-17-2012, 03:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Soooo, the real Charlie is in NY and she didn't think of checking up on her family there?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Ughhhh, can't wait to watch!!!! I'm freaking out.
What happened with DS?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What happened with DS?
They are pretending to date to protect Blair's secret pact with God about saving Chuck in exchange of marrying Louis and so they kiss at midnight.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Absolute Fan

That was the most hilariously convoluted pile of crap I've ever seen. Chuck almost getting hit by the cab was freaking gold. Are we really supposed to believe that Blair--who's basically an evil genius--is this stupid/supersticious?

Good things: I now ship Chuck/Louie. Which is good, because they can keep each other busy once Blair finally realises that Dan is her unbilled boyfriend and needs to be shown some love before Serena hides him away in her hair again.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good points first:

- Nate and Serena were each adorable in their own way, and actually had intelligent ideas that they followed through on. I look forward to Nate playing detective, and to see what happens once he figures out how messed up his family is.

- Serena and Blair shared a scene! Seeing them together again reminded me of just how much has been lacking for me on GG since early season 4.

- Chuck and Blair's final scene together was just heartbreaking perfection. Timing really isn't their strong suit, is it? I loved Blair's heartfelt plea to Chuck to just move on and be happy, but Chuck's "I can't" just took the cake for me last night.

Negative points:

- Everything else. I don't even want to get into it, because this episode was so bad that it was almost depressing in its awfulness.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

If someone were to call this the worst GG episode ever I would not call them a liar. That was an embarrassment.

The way they handled the baby storyline should be something that everyone on the GGwriters staff is embarrassed about forever, I was shocked and really really sad that they felt it deserved basically a passing mention and nothing else. Don't write the story if you can not handle your conclusion.

Blair needs help. Professional help. Dan and Serena need to help her get that help. The Priest should have also suggested it. Chair vs. God is the new Jenny binged Cancer IMO. What a dumb dumb idea.

Nate is still the star of the season. Sherlock Nate is a delight.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought this episode had a few good bits but mostly it was unwatchable.

Opening:Ok, first of all what is with the cheesy rain Chuck/Louis scene where they just happen to run into each other.

Blair: Making a deal to save Chuck's life. Saw that coming. And I am furious that she wasn't shown to be upset about her baby dying.

Serena:I didn't mind her this episode and I actually thought she was good to Blair in their scene in the bathroom.

Dan: Flawless and supportive as ever. Kept his promises.Random woman's description of Dan "He's not a Prince and he's not a gay stylist."How does she know Dan's not a gay stylist? Dan could BE a gay stylist.

Chuck:What are you doing? Stop stalking her. And immedietely jumping to the conclusion that Blair and Dan were having an affair, doesn't make me think that you know her very well. Chuck's like"It's not me. Who else could she possibly be cheating with?" scene cuts to Dan. I like.

Nate:Somehow after 3 months he still has that paper running. I'm sure he is just the face and that someone is secretly doing all the work for him, without him knowing. I love Nate though, and find him adorable. But someone tried to kill Nate. Now it's personal.I love that it was GossipGirl texting Nate, although I did guess it would be.

Louis:Louis, you also need to stop stalking Blair. You are supposed to be marrying her, you need to trust her. I can't wait for him to leave.Also Louis went to fetch towels in the meantime chuck and blair had a long conversation complete with flashbacks, so where are these towels, Narnia?

Lily and Rufus: Awww cute, they wanted to karaoke Endless Love together. "It was nice to have her[Jenny] and Eric home for christmas" Why don't we get flashbacks to that instead of the hospital. That would have been much more entertaining. And them going after Charlie was ok because thankfully it didn't take up much time.

The REAL Charlie: But how come the real Charlie just happened to walk past at that moment? Why does the world of Gossip Girl magically have people turning up from literally nowhere if someone so much as mentions them? How to the writers is this seen to be normal?"I am Charlotte Rhodes, but people call me Lola." Why??? Why did she need to state this to people who she believes to be strangers?

Derena:They didn't annoy me, maybe because I knew they were just pretending. And when they kissed and Dan looked at Blair. I did actually feel bad for Serena.

Chair: That stupid storylines that the writers create to keep them apart are getting worse and worse. A deal with God, really? Cliche alert!

Blouis: I HATE them. Blair is not happy in this relationship. Louis' is not happy in this relationship. So, why are they in this relationship???

Dair: Adorable as always. Dan again managed to be the sole person that Blair turns to. And the wedding dress scene. Perfect. And "I need you" "You have me."I also liked this line from Blair to Dan:"What's stopped your never ending solliliquy?" Wait so those photos mean we dont get to see those other dan and blair scenes, we have been waiting for for months.Angry Dan looking at Blair at midnight. Cry

Date:My bromance is back. Yay. Although, I'm forever going to hate that we didn't get to see them make up.

Duck: I liked their little exchage. Dan to Chuck:"You're kind of like her brother." Chuck: "So are you."I also thought it was the funniest bit of the night. Not that there was much to choose from.

Overall:The episode was dreadful overdramtic and cheesy. Those hospital flashbacks were the worst thing ever.

Next Week:Looks amusing. I can't wait for drunk Blair.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1

They are pretending to date to protect Blair's secret pact with God about saving Chuck in exchange of marrying Louis and so they kiss at midnight.
First, thank you for answering my question!
Second, this made me lol because it sounds SO ridiculous! And I'm certain u explained it exactly the way it was and happened. But this GG we're talking about and THIS being what happened with DS as a response is actually a legit and full answer. Lmao.
What I mean by this is that I havent watched the episode yet and u guys did. U give me a brief summary about a certain storyline and that summary is completely accurate, but from my POV, I'm just like waaaaatttttt? This show is NUTS.

Anyways, I learned to appreciate this show for what it is and despite all the bad reviews, I cant wait to watch. I wanna see the DB scenes people are talking about and I wanna see the terribleness of this episode as a whole. Yay.