Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 06:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
(I lied) I remember the freak out that happened over at the spoiler thread when that released! We were so happy

Yes it would've been amazing, I wish I was online then. Was it similar to when the wedding pictures came out?
Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyimproud (View Post)
Yes it would've been amazing, I wish I was online then. Was it similar to when the wedding pictures came out?
It was way more crazy. because we got the cb pics first and then later on we got pics of NB kissing and stuff, so some people thought that it was Blair's dream. And everyone was going crazy and then people called CB fans crazy for thinking that the cb scene was the real one, but we got like 20 NB pics and over 100 CB pics.

i love you. ♡
Old 06-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Passionate Fan

What a lovely farewell, cK. I love that our last look of CB was them deliriously happy and holding hands.

I couldn't let the thread close without sharing one of my favorite scenes one last time. This moment just warms my heart and gave me so much hope through S5.

Christina | vote Natalie Dormer | icon
Old 06-29-2014, 06:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Fun times in season 2 I guess there would've been a minor panic at the NB photos especially when NB were happening at the time but yeah the number of photos was a give away.

Another one for you Christina
Old 06-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyimproud (View Post)
Another one for you Christina
Thank you! Such an important scene because it shows how Blair loved Chuck despite everything in their past. Like Serena said, she wants dark. She wants twisted. She wants Chuck Bass.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:45 AM
New Fan

I will always love this couple and will always be grateful for their happy ending, for Ed and Leighton and the beauty of their talent and the chemistry I know I didn't post here with you guys, but I want to say goodbye to this thread anyway

I found all these arts/gifs on tumblr and I think I'll just leave them here, just because these two are gorgeous and this fandom is amazingly talented:

also, I felt really nostalgic lately, so I went to re-read Fake Empire (one of the best CB fanfics I've ever read, but sadly unfinished), and remembered that the author of it wrote this beautiful essay, so I'll leave it here too:

“I think the draw for me with Chuck and Blair was how unique they were to television. I admit to loving a very specific prototype couple before CB came along: the bad boy and the good girl. I liked the cliché redemption arc that always brought tears to my eyes. There was a comfort in knowing exactly how those couples and stories would play out, so I was reluctant to jump into the water with Chuck and Blair. He wasn’t just a bad boy, he was a bad, bad boy. He did despicable things and felt no remorse. And Blair… Well, Blair was the bad girl. She was the one you root against in romantic relationships while the “good” girl sneaks in and gets the guy. So, it was to my utter surprise when I found myself wanting the baddies together. Their spark, their energy – it just exploded on screen. I liked that they were devious and manipulative, and that they could revel in that together. There was something very freeing about watching a couple that not only accepted one another fully, but really enjoyed one another.

I once heard that loving someone means more than just loving the good parts of them, but also loving the monsters under their bed. I feel like that’s what it ultimately comes down to with Chuck and Blair. They love the good parts of one another - they’re loyal, they’re deeply devoted to each other and their friends - but they also know how to love the one another’s monsters. They fought them away together. I think it says a lot that at their lowest points, it was always the other who was there as a shining beacon of light. It didn’t always work out for the best, but the intentions were always good.

You hear so much about one person in a relationship needing to be redeemed, but that too was different with Chuck and Blair. They both came into this relationship needing redemption. It’s been a constant theme between them. Sometimes they needed to find forgiveness in others, sometimes in themselves, and most times from each other. I think it testifies to the strength of this couple that no matter what awful thing has been thrown at them, or what awful thing they’ve done to each other, they’re always able to come back around to the love. Some call that unhealthy, but I see it as the exact opposite. There’s something very beautiful and kind in the forgiveness they show one another. At their core they understand that while the love they share is messy, it is pure. It is the strongest thing in both their lives, the lightning rod they continually return to. And to me that’s the best kind of love. That kind of love survives the bad things, the third parties, the wandering hearts – it triumphs because it’s steadfast. At the end of the line, it will always be Chuck and Blair. Their hearts will always return to one another.

and lastly, I hope to see you all and others from CB fandom around here on
Old 06-29-2014, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rae earl (View Post)
I will always love this couple and will always be grateful for their happy ending, for Ed and Leighton and the beauty of their talent and the chemistry I know I didn't post here with you guys, but I want to say goodbye to this thread anyway

“I think the draw for me with Chuck and Blair was how unique they were to television. I admit to loving a very specific prototype couple before CB came along: the bad boy and the good girl. I liked the cliché redemption arc that always brought tears to my eyes. There was a comfort in knowing exactly how those couples and stories would play out, so I was reluctant to jump into the water with Chuck and Blair. He wasn’t just a bad boy, he was a bad, bad boy. He did despicable things and felt no remorse. And Blair… Well, Blair was the bad girl. She was the one you root against in romantic relationships while the “good” girl sneaks in and gets the guy. So, it was to my utter surprise when I found myself wanting the baddies together. Their spark, their energy – it just exploded on screen. I liked that they were devious and manipulative, and that they could revel in that together. There was something very freeing about watching a couple that not only accepted one another fully, but really enjoyed one another.

I once heard that loving someone means more than just loving the good parts of them, but also loving the monsters under their bed. I feel like that’s what it ultimately comes down to with Chuck and Blair. They love the good parts of one another - they’re loyal, they’re deeply devoted to each other and their friends - but they also know how to love the one another’s monsters. They fought them away together. I think it says a lot that at their lowest points, it was always the other who was there as a shining beacon of light. It didn’t always work out for the best, but the intentions were always good.

You hear so much about one person in a relationship needing to be redeemed, but that too was different with Chuck and Blair. They both came into this relationship needing redemption. It’s been a constant theme between them. Sometimes they needed to find forgiveness in others, sometimes in themselves, and most times from each other. I think it testifies to the strength of this couple that no matter what awful thing has been thrown at them, or what awful thing they’ve done to each other, they’re always able to come back around to the love. Some call that unhealthy, but I see it as the exact opposite. There’s something very beautiful and kind in the forgiveness they show one another. At their core they understand that while the love they share is messy, it is pure. It is the strongest thing in both their lives, the lightning rod they continually return to. And to me that’s the best kind of love. That kind of love survives the bad things, the third parties, the wandering hearts – it triumphs because it’s steadfast. At the end of the line, it will always be Chuck and Blair. Their hearts will always return to one another.

and lastly, I hope to see you all and others from CB fandom around here on
Beautifully said
{sC&B} -G-
Old 06-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Loyal Fan

These two are always gonna be my otp of otps. I miss them and I'll miss this thread.

GL | SL | CB
Old 06-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One last time
Old 06-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Byee thread.

i love you. ♡
Old 06-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Beautifully written, RaeEarl. Great finale tribute for the final thread.

Goodbye my lovely CB thread.