Donna
Old 02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Anything new.

Christina | vote Natalie Dormer | icon
Old 02-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know if this is news, but I think it is interesting:

TV Boyfriend Smackdown: Dan vs. Chuck vs. Nate from 'Gossip Girl' - Beyond the Tube - Zimbio

Quote:
Nate Archibald

Lindsay's Take: Nate is the king of the Upper East Side, at least if you’re a high schooler. He’s got money, he’s got looks, and maybe the brains are lacking, but hey, somehow he managed to get into Columbia. But how will NYC’s favorite pretty boy fare when stacked up against his adolescent peers?

Attractiveness: Chace Crawford is so pretty. Those piercing blue eyes, that jawline, that flippy, pre-Bieber haircut. He’s also got a pretty good body, if you’re into skinny, hairless high schoolers (I’m not, but you know, diff’rent strokes). As long as you don’t ask him to say much and just decide to look at him, Nate is the most attractive of the GG boys.

Personality: About as shallow as a kiddie pool, I’m sorry to say. But if you’re dating a guy who looks like that and has that kind of money, you’re going to realize that God doesn’t give with both hands, no? Enjoy that New York social scene and your child’s birthright acceptance to Chapin.

Possible Drama: Nate doesn’t really ever cause his own drama, does he? Except for when he hooked up with a married woman (and the stepmother of his ex-girlfriend Blair’s fiancé), or that time he had sex with Serena (Blair’s best friend) at a wedding, or when he shacked up with a girl out to destroy Serena (Katie Cassidy in an underrated role). Okay, so yeah, he does cause his own drama. When he thinks with his pants and not with his brain, something bad always happens. Other drama opportunities? His dad’s money laundering and coke habit aren't necessarily a walk in the park.

Jess' Take:
Attractiveness: As Lindsay says, those eyes. They’re like freaking swimming pools. Like the private school swimming pool our GG kids got caught breaking into in Season One. Okay, I’m getting off topic here. Nate’s eyes are gorgeous, and while I could do without the man-bangs and the obviously professional highlights, he’s a freaking cutie-pie. That’s a win in the looks column for one Nate Archibald.
Personality: Not too much to write home about here. I guess you could say that Nate’s loyal — maybe not to Blair since, you know, he was totally in love with her best friend basically the whole time they dated and even acted on it — but to his family and to Chuck, most of the time. But yeah, Nate’s not exactly hanging out in the deep end of the pool, if you know what I’m sayin’ (how many swimming pool comparisons can I make for this one boy?).

Possible Drama: Lindsay said it best, Nate’s always thinking with his Little Nate, and not with the minimal brains he has between his ears. He was always hooking up with the wrong girl at the wrong time, and his parents’ tendency to pimp him out could get old, right quick. Somehow, though, I think that if you shipped the Archibald ‘rents off to Monte Carlo and figured out the key to Nate’s happiness (he’s like a Golden Retriever, just give him an open field and a tennis ball), you’d be a-okay in the drama department.

Chuck Bass

Jess' Take: Ah, Chuck Bass. What an evil temptress you are. Who among us hasn’t drooled over his swagger, his attitude, and his ability to get **** done? But would Chuck really make a good boyfriend? I’m dubious, even though, to semi-quote the man himself: he’s Chuck Bass.

Attractiveness: True confession time: When Gossip Girl first debuted, I didn’t think Chuck was cute at all. It was partially the omnipresent silk scarf. However, as the show hit its stride (right around when Chuck and Blair repeatedly got it on in the back of his limo), Chuck got wayyy cuter. I think it was half the costume/makeup people learning how to do Chuck just right, and half the constant push-pull of Chuck and Blair’s epic relationship, which heightened his attractiveness. But how hot is Chuck without Blair standing by his side? A little less, honestly. She was the key to his power: he knew it and we know it.

Personality: I’m into the “confidence, Cohen” of it all, and Chuck had it up the wazoo. Boy knew what he wanted and he went for it...and he got it, even when (especially when) he had to pay for it. Underneath all that, he was actually a pretty sensitive guy, if plagued by some familial inferiority complexes and an inability to express his true feelings. All this is fine and dealable, but Chuck also possessed a sociopathic need to best his adversaries (which, at times, included the love of his life Blair) in any way possible. That could get a little freaky, and not in a good way. In a sick-twisted-unhealthy-relationship way. Run away, girls!

Possible Drama: Y’all remember that time Chuck tried to trade Blair for a hotel, right? What the eff, Bass. That’s taking drama to a new level. The daddy issues, mommy issues, uncle issues, and a not-entirely-healthy taste for attempting to hook up with anything that moved could also lead to some soap opera-worthy dramatics. Hello, STD alert? A lazy night in with Chuck would still somehow involve two mogul takedowns, dancing atop no less than three bars, and a leaked sex tape, all before sunrise. Sorry, Bass. You’re too rich (with drama) for my blood.

Lindsay' Take:

Attractiveness: A ZOMG yes to Chuck getting cuter when he and Blair started up in the back of the limo (to that Angels & Airwaves song, unf). He did bask in the glow of Blair’s affections (and she probably made him feel like the man), but I think Chuck had swag in spades, and that’s what makes him attractive. He’s got the money, the outfits, the power, and the libido, and he knows it. Even though Nate is more aesthetically pleasing, Chuck is, well, he’s Chuck Bass.
Personality: Chuck was sensitive pretty much only when it came to Blair (and maybe the memory of his mother). At other times, he was the other side of that swag coin: conceited, callous, and jaded. Remember when he tried to date rape Jenny at the Kiss on the Lips party? Chuck is the lacrosse player who gets accused of that stuff in college but faces no repercussions at all. Poor little rich kids grow up scary (though I will admit he did have Blair to temper this, once all was said and done). Would I be friends with Chuck? Mmm, probably not.

Possible Drama: Besides the date rape, as Jess mentions, Chuck did try and sell Blair for a hotel, so that happened. To date and/or marry Chuck means dealing with his family, and that’s a definite negative here. He has problems with his dad (when he’s dead and when he’s back from the dead like Lazarus), his mother (is she dead or alive?), his uncle, his stepmother (Lily), his stepsister and brother (lol remember Eric Van Der Woodsen?).... you get the idea. Since when you marry a man, you marry his family, run away from this one, ladies. Far away.

Dan Humphrey

Lindsay's Take: Oh, Lonely Boy. Dan Humphrey was the kid from the other side of the tracks (aka DUMBO, Brooklyn, which takes more than twenty minutes to get to from the UES — just a bone I had to pick with the GG writers) with the weird social-climber sister and aging rock star father. And turns out, spoiler coming, Dan was Gossip Girl the whole time. Does this affect his boyfriend rating?

Attractiveness: The Seth Cohen of NYC, Dan started out pretty clean cut, but like, Brooklyn clean-cut. Let’s not get carried away here. He was always the odd one out, especially when he started dating Serena. Dan always wore the wrong thing, said the wrong thing, etc. When he went to college, he got a little shaggy, but never full-on ogre (Penn Badgley’s facial hair off-camera is an entirely different story). Dan’s attractiveness fully depended on the girl he was with. Serena? Yes. Vanessa? LOL no. Blair? Absolutely not.

Personality: Woof. Dan Humphrey acted like a second-year philosophy major at Oberlin during his freshman year of high school, so there’s really no hope for him. He’s fiercely protective of his sister, which is a good thing, but Dan is mostly petulant, spoiled, and ungrateful (Remember in Season Two when he got that internship and completely screwed it up because he was too busy, well, screwing different girls? What a waste, Dan). I mean, we all thought Jenny was the social climber, but Dan weaseled his way into the elite circles of the Upper East Side and then wrote about these people on the Internet for the world to see. If a friend did that to me, we would be friends no’ mo’, that’s fo’ sho’.

Possible Drama: Since he was, you know, Gossip Girl (xoxo), Dan created his own drama, too. But also on the docket? His dad married his girlfriend’s dad, Georgina told him he impregnated her, Dan had a weird threesome with Hilary Duff and Vanessa, his sister set her own collection and almost a banquet hall on fire, Chuck Bass hated him… need I go on? Approach with caution, ladies. All of those poems and Gabriel Garcia Marquez readings won’t save you now.

Jess' Take:

Attractiveness: I agree with Lindsay that Dan was at his cutest when he was trying to keep up with the Joneses and date Serena. It didn’t seem like he’d be able to stand so close to the sun that was Serena van der Woodsen without getting burned, but somehow he pulled it off. Dan was cute, it can’t be denied. Even though I want to deny it because I remember when he was The Other Tucker and his greasy hair was basically down to his ass. I’m getting off topic again!

Personality: UGH. Not only was Dan pretentious and judgmental, but he was also keeping up a fake identity for years upon years and writing about the people he at once admired, hated, and loved. That reads a little bit Jekyll and Hyde to me, though I’ll admit it takes balls the size of Texas. However, I will never forget what I always thought was the funniest line of Gossip Girl’s entire run: Dan telling Serena he’s “the most understanding person in the world” in the first season finale. HAHA, you lie, Humphrey. You’re more judgmental than any fictional douchebag known to man...and you never shut up about it.

Possible Drama: Well, he collected all his friends’ secrets for years and published them in real-time, so the drama potential is high with this one. And, for all the high horse b.s. Dan was constantly spewing, he let himself get dragged through the mud just like the rest of our favorite Upper East Siders. Cheating, lying, selling out your loved ones...hey, Dan, can you type “drama king” on that vintage typewriter of yours?

Winner: Nate Archibald.

This was a hard one, but hear us out: Nate is the only member of this select group of men who isn’t a pompous ass and didn’t try and sell a loved one for real estate. He’s cute, he means well, and he’s got money. Like a very rich puppy dog. If you guarantee that the Captain (or the Commodore or whatever they called his dad) flees to Bermuda and you get on the good side of his ex, Blair, then you’ve got yourself a loyal and handsome man.

Disagree with our outcome? Well, you have a say, too! Just vote for your preferred winner in this round of the TV Boyfriend Smackdown below, and we’ll see you in two weeks for our next match-up!

Poll: Nate, Dan, or Chuck Bass?
Click to vote:

Nate Archibald

Dan Humphrey

Chuck Bass
(View Results)

Old 02-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, I agree with this part -- his eyes are like freaking swimming pools.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for that Jade,

Donna
Old 02-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Passionate Fan

New pic of Chace celebrating Miles Teller's birthday. (source)

Old 02-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Geez! We posted at the same time
Old 02-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's a some more pictures:

Quote:
Michael B. Jordan holds onto a gift as he makes his way inside Chi Lin Chinese Restaurant on Thursday (February 20) in West Hollywood, Calif.

The 27-year-old actor was joined by Gossip Girl stars Chace Crawford and Jessica Szohr as they all stepped out to celebrate Miles Teller‘s 27th birthday.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Michael B. Jordan

It was recently announced that Michael and Miles will star in the highly anticipated reboot of the Fantastic Four film franchise.

Michael will be starring as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch while an offer is out to Miles to play the role of Reid Richards/Mr. Fantastic.

FYI: Miles is wearing a life/after/denim shirt and Arkansas Brogue Boot by The Frye Company.

10+ pictures inside of Michael B. Jordan and others celebrating Miles Teller‘s birthday…

Old 02-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Geez! We posted at the same time
Overeager to about new Chace pics, I guess. But who can blame us?

Old 02-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

the new pics.

Donna
Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Passionate Fan

over the new pics. Looks like he had a fun night.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Yes he does.

ETA for more new pics and news:

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2014/02/2...mment-15650795

Quote:
Chace Crawford shows off his huge guns while doing some shopping at John Varvatos on Friday (February 21) in West Hollywood, Calif.

The day before, the 28-year-old actor was handsome while celebrating Miles Teller‘s birthday at Chi Lin Chinese Restaurant.
“To be honest, I know, I know all of them, I did see Kristin Chenoweth (who plays April Rhodes), I love her, an Oklahoma girl, you know what I mean? We’re OU fans, Boomer Sooner,” Chace recently shared to MTV News about working with her in the upcoming 100th episode of Glee.

15+ pictures inside of Chace Crawford showing off his muscles during a shopping trip…

and

Donna

Last edited by Donna K.; 02-23-2014 at 09:24 AM