Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

LOL....probably the same reason why i like it so much...

Yeah, when i first started reading fanfiction, there wasnt many around. But I'm noticing a rise in them.

I remember when I first got into Dylan and Kelly, the internet was not so kind to them. I really thought I was part of the minority...7 years later, i guess i was wrong. LOL
And ppl continue to disappoint them.

-Anonymous-
Old 06-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

A lot of people love D/K. Most of the people that I come in contact with who are older and watched the show favored D/K. They do have a strong fanbase. I don't know where it started that people have said that they don't, because they really honestly do. I never understood it. I don't pay much attention to it either. Why bother with a false fact?
Old 06-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

That's just how the online community can mess with your head. The fact is, Dylan and Kelly never would have gotten together, stayed together, and wound up together if no one liked them. I meet more people outside of these few message boards and online communities that do love them than don't. That and people who multiship like crazy. People just loved the show and everything about it. It's why it was so successful.

Icon by Court
Old 06-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think for me, it was more the fact that most websites I visited were so anti...And the material i did find that favored them, there was not a lot of it, most of things were repeated....

Then again, I started watching it 2 years after it finished in the US. Does anyone know if Australia aired all 10 seasons? I remember watchin commercials of the show but wasnt allowed to watch it because one of my mum's friends told her it was too raunchy for me...LOL...I do remember channel 10 airing the 10 year high school reunion in 2003.

-Anonymous-
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Court would know, but I don't have a clue. It would have been interesting to have message boards around back in the day when it was actually airing. I never really had anyone to talk to about the show at the time. I just watched and enjoyed it on my own.

Icon by Court
Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Pretty much everyone in my family watched it. My parents didn't. They were living under a rock in the 90s according to some comedian anyway. I don't know which couple was most popular. I love DK no matter what. I believe strongly in their relationship. I love that they ended up together in the end. All of this is enough for me. Most popular is just kind of a small thing. But I think it's safe to say they have a lot of support. Coming on here proves that to me.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, at the end of the day, it's all about personal preference, and mine is for Dy/K. They are the most complex, passionate, emotional, loving couple on the show and I absolutely adore watching them. That's all that really matters to me.

Icon by Court
Old 06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Same here. Everyone is going to have their own tastes. Not everyone can be pleased with every relationship that comes out. I personally just can't get enough of Dylan and Kelly together. I think they really compliment each other's personalities nicely. They understand each other. They connect at very deep levels. They've got all these different sides to their relationships that are important to have. They can be themselves with each other. We feel passion pour out of these two and sex or kissing didn't even have to emerge for that to happen (beginning of the summer season three). That's huge to me. All they had to do was give off a look or have a conversation and the audience could feel what they were feeling. Simply they are what love is.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoHannaD (View Post)
Hey guys,

New Fanfic has been posted:
Love Breaks Your Heart, a Beverly Hills 90210 fanfic - FanFiction.Net

I hadnt posted it because i thought it was anti Dylan and Kelly but I got around to reading it today and its the opposite....yay for me. A real touching story.
Kinda reminds me of how "Erin's" blog post could be titled, "Neverlasting Love", and still end up positive for Dylan/Kelly. There's just a lot of inherent strife with them.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Strife is awesome.

That's it, Alexis. It's like we're always saying, all they have to do is be on screen and they're pining for one another. They simply cannot let each other go no matter how hard they try. Look at season ten: their whole relationship, which is the huge, central theme of both of their storylines, is shown through looks, words, small touches. It's incredible that they can carry that off. You never doubt they they're still in love.

Icon by Court
Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

That doesn't work for every couple. I mean you can't just stick two people on screen and make that happen. Dylan and Kelly just had not only the chemistry for that to be able to take place, but the real feelings were there. It's like you could see in their eyes if their heart skipped a beat, or sunk to the floor. Every time they're with someone else it's so clear that their story still isn't finished. They can't let each other go. No matter how much one of them tries to deny it *cough* Kelly *cough* it's so clear by the smallest of actions how they really feel. They're bad liars, because their face just rats them out every time.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I first watched in s9...I think from that first scene with them in the car in "Local Hero", they had me hooked. I was rooting for them since then. And because i was on holidays, i only caught up with a few episodes. I didnt even get to watch s10...thought Kelly would have stayed with Matt.

Then came the next holidays, and FOX8 were airing the s3 episodes, the first one i watched was "Destiny Rides Again" (I think thats the name) and saw Kelly longing again. I was like do they ever get together? So when i actually watched Dylan choose Kelly, I was in heaven. LOL...

My family thought i was crazy, being obsessed with the show. After watching those episodes, I jumped on the net any chance i could to learn about the show.

I think their longing for each other was what made me like them. It was like you rooted for them, you wanted to see them together, you longed for their happy ending (at least in my case). They faced all obstacles ( and there were alot) and their love never faded. It was awesome to watch.

-Anonymous-
Old 06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

I love the tension in the "Local Hero" car scene. It's off the freaking charts.

Dylan choosing Kelly was an awesome moment to watch. He was so sure and they were so at peace with finally getting together.

If my family knew how obsessed I am, they would probably think I'm crazy, too. Wait...they already know.

I definitely longed for that happy ending. By season ten you're just screaming at the tv in every episode: "Get together already!!" They loved making us wait and long for them. To the writers' credit, though, they really did use the drawing out to truly establish them as being made for each other. That they were able to overcome all of those obstacles and reach this place of complete peace with one another proves that they were meant to be together.

Icon by Court
Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wouldn;t know how i would have been if I had watched it as it was first airing. When i finally got around to watched s10, i was packed with the knowledge that they were going to get together. Yet it didnt stop me from being impatient, as you were. I was a little disappointed that they got them together in last episode...cause we had seen them in a relationship as teenagers, in high school then in college. I really wanted to see how they would have been as young adults. But then again i love that it ended as it did, cause there would be no more drama come between them, they had really found peace within themselves and each other.

-Anonymous-
Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

My experience with the first half of the series was a little skewed because of how I watched it, but I did watch seasons 7-10 in full to the end, so the wait was pretty excruciating for those seasons. Once Dylan came back, there was no doubt in my mind that they were going to end up together because it was so obvious how they felt in every single scene they shared. Even the scenes that are supposed to be showing their friendship have that underlying tension of two people who belong together and want to be together. It just took a very looooooooong time for that to surface.

Icon by Court
Closed Thread   Post New Thread