Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I do love me some Jennie drama. I just don't like seeing her in love triangles or at least I can't see any guys that would create the same kind of angst with BDK (B=Brandon and Brenda).

Actually, I don't know what I'm thinking.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 03-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Neither do I. It's like, what have you been watching all these years? Okay, no, I get it. Nothing will supersede 90210 in your eyes, so why even try?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Yup! That's probably it. I can never see Jennie falling in love on TV with anyone else except for Dylan McKay and maybe Brandon, too... Heh.

| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 03-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

If Peter played role on TV with her, I'd probably ship them. Whoever "they" ... uh, are.

Can you even wrap your head around "Peter"/Kelly? I should know more about the character he played on "Fastlane", I suppose. But, I don't. So it's Peter.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

eeek! second page.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

First.... thanks to Bee for sharing that bit of news about Jennie. I'm so happy for her!!

Second...
Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
I knew that 'I'd only do a sitcom' remark/plug on DWTS would pay off.
I'm glad that being on DWTS helped Jennie get back into TV. But I never really considered her a has-been, like most ppl did. She was only out of work for a year or so. I'm just wondering how soon Peter will be spit-shining his tap shoes so he can get on the show and get some work, too.

Third... check this out: Daily Dispatch Online DWTS season 5 is only now starting in South Africa! I wonder if it would spoil the surprise if they just checked the internet for who won the competition...

More Jennie articles. This first one is frakkin' hilarious!! But I had to edit a couple of words for 'ing...

ETA: OMG, Bee! We are on the same Jennie wavelength. I just posted that same article but then saw yours so now it's gone again. Heh.

Next article: Jennie Garth is CBS's 'Girl'. I'm not gonna post the whole thing, just the best part of it...
Quote:
Garth showed off her comedy chops on The WB's long-running "What I Like About You" and her hoofing abilities in a long run on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars." In our hearts, though, she'll still always be Kelly Taylor from "Beverly Hills, 90210."
The only down side to this is that with Jennie being busy on a new show, it leaves her most likely unavailable for that darn 90210 spin-off. I don't really care much for it, I just really don't want them to approach Luke and Shannen for the show thus killing our DK ending...

And last but not least, E! Online Spoiler Chat: 90210
Quote:
Annabelle in Toronto, Ontario: Is Tori Spelling gonna be on the 90210 spinoff or what?
Tori's been telling everyone that she's down to reprise her role as Donna Martin, but insiders tell me Jennie Garth is the girl Rob Thomas wants. Sadly for Thomas, Jennie just booked a CBS pilot, but it's possible she could do both since CBS and the CW are in the same family. I say they should bring Tori on either way. Me loves me some Donna Martin.
Speaking of Jennie... and DWTS... I went to a DWTS event last Friday in Hollywood. It's actually a TV/Film festival where certain television shows or movies are featured and cast members appear on a panel for Q&A sessions with their moderator, kind of like Inside The Actors Studio on Bravo. On Thursday, it was a BtVS Reunion and Saturday was Gossip Girl, but I was in San Diego.

My friend Jeanne bought us tickets to the event for my birthday. Jennie wasn't there but Derek was. And so was Julianne, the two male judges, Tom, Samantha, a few of the current celebrities, Cheryl Burke and the producer, Conrad Green.

Anyway, I met Derek in person. Squeeeeeee! And I got his autograph.
Sidenote to Bee: Derek is just as cute in person as he is on the show!
Anyway... I asked him if he and Jennie still kept in touch and he said they try but with him going on tour and then being on the new season plus Jennie's family obligations, he misses their dance rehearsals where it was just the two of them. I also asked if he liked Jennie better or his new partner, Shannon, and he laughed but very diplomatically answered: "They're both great."

However, he did say that working with Jennie was a lot of fun but he felt like the kid brother in awe of his big sister whereas, with Shannon, he feels like the older brother and she's his little pest. And he mentioned his crush on Jennie again!!!

I only took one picture but haven't posted it yet. Still gotta upload into PB.
Brad Jen
Old 03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUSH (View Post)
Anyway... I asked him if he and Jennie still kept in touch and he said they try but with him going on tour and then being on the new season plus Jennie's family obligations, he misses their dance rehearsals where it was just the two of them. I also asked if he liked Jennie better or his new partner, Shannon, and he laughed but very diplomatically answered: "They're both great."

However, he did say that working with Jennie was a lot of fun but he felt like the kid brother in awe of his big sister whereas, with Shannon, he feels like the older brother and she's his little pest. And he mentioned his crush on Jennie again!!!
Yup, this pretty much seals it. I'm going to ship Jennie and Derek forevah! Thanks so much for the story Katherin. I want to see them both together again so bad.

Anyway, that was a cute tidbit about Jacobs wanting Jennie. Who doesn't?

Old 03-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

You sure do know how to post. Geez-us, woman!

I can't believe you met Derek and got to ask him all those questions about Jennie. This thread is now bigger than us, whatever that means. Oh yay, so we get to see the pic? Your anecdote should so go in the OP one day ...

Quote:
DWTS season 5 is only now starting in South Africa!
Good. Liesl will get the chance to see it, then.

I totally squealed when I read that Rob T wants Jennie for the spin-off, but yeah, being a full-time mom and doing sitcom work is hard enough. I'm sure, though, since both shows are under the same company, they'd be willing to ... I don't know, compromise a bit. Maybe she'll do some guest spots.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You sure do know how to post. Geez-us, woman!
I had so much to say but didn't want to be guilty of star-posting so I just posted all at once.

Quote:
I totally squealed when I read that Rob T wants Jennie for the spin-off, but yeah, being a full-time mom and doing sitcom work is hard enough. I'm sure, though, since both shows are under the same company, they'd be willing to ... I don't know, compromise a bit. Maybe she'll do some guest spots.
I hope so!

Quote:
I can't believe you met Derek and got to ask him all those questions about Jennie. This thread is now bigger than us, whatever that means. Oh yay, so we get to see the pic? Your anecdote should so go in the OP one day ...
We were talking when he was signing autographs and right before he and I took a picture. When the event was over, the crowd started lining up for pix and autographs with everyone. I really only wanted to meet Derek. Thank god my friend Jen is tall cuz she elbowed her way through the crowd for me. She caught Derek just as he was coming down the steps of the stage. She's all, "Derek! My friend here wants to meet you."

Derek: Hi, I'm Derek. [holds out his hand]
Me: [shakes his hand] Katherine.
Derek: Nice to meet you.
Me: You, too.

I'm such a fangirl. All he did was smile at me and I was like super-starstruck!

Me: You and Jennie were my favorite couple last season. Could I plse have your autograph?
Derek: Oh, thanks! [then] Of course... [waits as I look for a pen in my purse]

But like a doofus, I couldn't find my pen!! I almost didn't get a chance cuz then he excused himself cuz had to pee real bad and said he'd be back. But I wasn't sure if that was just an excuse or not. I felt kind of d'oh! cuz as soon as he left, I found my pen. I'm glad he came back, though! The coolest part was, he walked right back up to me and, pen in hand, I asked him to sign my program again.

Me: So do you and Jennie keep in touch?
Derek: We try. But not so much... blah, blah, blah.... [all this while signing other ppl's programs]
Me: Do you like working with Jennie better or with Shannon?
Derek: [laughs] I plead the fifth. No seriously, they're both great. It was different with Jennie cuz I had that crush on her and she was more like a big sister. But Shannon's like a kid sister to me and easier to boss around.

It sounds like a long conversation, but it was really more like 2 minutes. By then, everyone and their mother wanted his autograph or a picture with him so I waited one last time to get my pic taken with him and then we left. I wish I had taken more pix except 1) my cell phone chose that moment to die out on me and 2) I forgot to bring my digital camera. Luckily, Jen had her cell phone and she took the pic of me and Derek. It's a little grainy...

I guess it's true what I read about Shannon being a more "willing" partner meaning she did whatever Derek told her. I think Jennie did, too, to a certain degree. But maybe she had some boundaries, probably cuz of her girls and Peter...
Brad Jen
Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

(I accidentally hit the back button and had to re-write. Copy/Save, people.)

Quote:
I had so much to say but didn't want to be guilty of star-posting so I just posted all at once.
Isn't star-posting instead when you have nothing to say, so you just say 'hi'?
Quote:
All he did was smile at me and I was like super-starstruck!

Quote:
I felt kind of d'oh! cuz as soon as he left, I found my pen. I'm glad he came back, though!
Oh, the drama!
Quote:
It was different with Jennie cuz I had that crush on her and she was more like a big sister.
He's always so vocal about this crush of his. I bet Jennie had to blush for like the first 3 wks.

There you are. No, that pic is a pretty good shot. A little dark, but not that grainy. Man, you really were close. And ... LOL, I don't know if you always have that apple-cheek glow thing going on, but you sure do there.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Isn't star-posting instead when you have nothing to say, so you just say 'hi'?
Oh... Hee, I thought star-posting was too many consecutive posts at once... i.e., fancy word for "double-posting".

Quote:
He's always so vocal about this crush of his. I bet Jennie had to blush for like the first 3 wks.
Makes me kinda wonder how they got anything done with that first dance! I'm totally counting how many times he hugged/kissed Jennie vs. how many times he hugs/kisses Shannon. Will give you guys a weekly tally.

Quote:
There you are. No, that pic is a pretty good shot. A little dark, but not that grainy. Man, you really were close. And ... LOL, I don't know if you always have that apple-cheek glow thing going on, but you sure do there.
So close I could smell him!! Actually, Derek had really rosy cheeks!!! Maybe it's my make-up. I try to wear minimal on the face, just mostly eyeshadow and liner with lip gloss. But I wore blush just for the occasion!!
Brad Jen
Old 03-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But I wore blush just for the occasion!!
Ha! Yeah, I can see the eye shadow.
Quote:
I'm totally counting how many times he hugged/kissed Jennie vs. how many times he hugs/kisses Shannon. Will give you guys a weekly tally.
Looking forward to it.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that info Katherine.

I agree...this thread now has a journalistic quality!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

thanx for posting that SMUSH, its great to read, i just hope she does get to work on the spin off!

if they still wanted to keep it somewhat connected to the original and not just start with a new set of ppl they should have Kelly's sister Erin be the main, she would be a teenager right now.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Katherine, you look so cute with Derek. I envy you especially because you heard first hand about Derek and his crush on Jennie. Man, he must have really loved working with her. I want to see them together again!!!!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread