Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always thought that the scene of Andrea raising her hand in class, from the opening credits, was some of her "Yup, I know it" moments, but no, that's actually when she's the first in Spanish class to admit that she didn't understand everything said in Spanish. The others mainly couldn't understand what they were supposed to raise hands for She was actually very sweet in that scene. And Gabrielle looked great in mini skirt!

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Reading this interview with a producer from 90210 and he has no filter.

Quote:
TDW: Gabrielle. She left later that season.

Mollin: Well, Gabrielle, we asked her politely–she was the oldest–if she could just hold back. We didn’t want to do a baby. Did not want to. We certainly didn’t do the Hunter Tylo thing where [Melrose Place] asked her to get an abortion but, you know, we didn’t want to go down that road. But she got pregnant and was having the baby and there was nothing we could do. I actually used my whole personal story for it. Her premature baby and all that came out of my life. We gave it a good shot. I have to admit I was not in the room when Mark Damon Espinoza [Jesse] was cast. I was totally appalled that they cast this guy. He had ears as big as Botswana as far as I was concerned. I just could not believe it. I have no idea what happened in that room that day when they cast him. I just thought they totally blew it. To have a guy with a receding hairline– just everything I thought was wrong. And he was a nice man but it just was never going to happen. And rather than getting like an Esai Morales, someone who was really sexy and good–I just had no idea what he was thinking, the old man. He was always difficult with minority casting. He would always go ways we would never understand but we never wanted to get into it. So they cast him and they just didn’t really click. It didn’t really add to us. It took away a lot of the fun, to have to be in this grown-up stuff. We eventually just didn’t think it was going to work, and I don’t know who made the decision; I guess it was the old man. She was done. She was gone. We sent her off to Yale, as I remember [Episode 5.30, Hello Life, Goodbye Beverly Hills]. But she came back. She came back for Steve’s birthday party on the Queen Mary [Episode 6.31-2, You Say It’s Your Birthday]. I think we brought her back for that. I did that one with Steve Wasserman. That was a big show, too. That was a fun show.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll totally ignore the part about MDE' ears

I always thought Gabrielle asked to be written off so she could host her own show or something. Oh well. Who knows.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

Oh, that's right! I forgot about her talk show.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I never saw it.

And I agree that Andrea and Jesse had no chemistry and I think purpose of his character was only that Andrea wouldn't stay pregnant with the first guy she slept with - Dan Rubin. Btw, back in time I thought he was cheesy - and ok, he was ruined as a character as a racist, but I also thought he looked bad. Now I think he looked really good, except for his very stupid hair

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, Jesse didn't fit in. He was older than everyone else and far more conservative. I never thought it was the actors fault though. I'm not sure what they could have done with Andrea- maybe have her go to Yale sooner...instead of showing her pregnancy.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't a big fan of Jesse either, especially in S5. I wish she could've made it with Dan. But I didn't like that Dan was just having a good time and wasn't really into being in a serious commitment.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was never a fan of Jesse either. Him and Andrea just had no chemistry and he didn't seem to fit in with anyone else.
I am an original”
Old 08-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking - is it possible that Andrea was the only one out of original 8 who had no siblings?! She never stroke me as a single child, lol. Then again, considering her ambition and accomplishments, I guess that parents invested a lot of efforts and hope in her. That would fit in with the only child, but not necessarily. Was it ever mentioned if she had brothers or sisters?

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 06-20-2013 at 06:25 AM
Old 08-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

She had siblings. She said so in the first season but I forget where. I believe it might have been in the pilot when Brandon stopped by her house.

And all the original gang except the Walsh Twins were only children in the first season. Kelly, David, Donna, Dylan, and Steve. Then Kelly and David got Erin. Dylan got Erica. And Steve finds out he is adopted. Andrea def. had siblings but they seemed to disappear as the seasons progressed.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
She had siblings. She said so in the first season but I forget where. I believe it might have been in the pilot when Brandon stopped by her house.
Oh wow. I didn't even know that.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I totally do not remember this. I didn't even notice it when I rewatched the pilot recently. I guess I was not really focused on that part

Icon by oth. fan
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She really reminds of that actress who played Baby in Dirty Dancing.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread