Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

YAY!!!

Shannen Doherty was just on my local radion station ... Kiss 95.7 FM. It was a small snippet of an interview and a "Brenda fan" called in and got to ask her what it would take for her to stay on the new show. He said most of us who loved the original loved it while she was on it. And, then, Shannen kind of laughed and was like "well, more fan responses like that" because she said the reason she even came back was we fans in the first place." Got to love her.

So spread the word Brenda fans: We you Shannen. STAY!

But, yeah, in addition to that the radio host asked her the exact moment in time she, herself, knew or realized that the original show had hit it big. She laughed and joked again and said "Well, when they asked me to be on the cover of Rolling Stone." She then went on to say other stuff like they initially thought the show was going to be cancelled in the beginning. But the exact moment she picked to say when she realized people were really tuning in to watch was around the time the show started airing the beach scenes.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 09-24-2008 at 11:12 AM
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I found tonight's eppy alot more tolerable because of the extended Brenda scenes that were mainly connected to the theater/play story instead of other things I don't like.

Still not too keen on the overall writing direction/exploration for characters but Shannen's acting, itself, was good like always. I just wish she could bring back "Brenda."
See this is the first episode I truly liked, not only because of so much Brenda, but it's the first time I saw some glipses of the real Brenda. I.e.: The scene where she's concerned about Adriana and talked to R/K about it or after her interaction with Adriana/her mom.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartiergurl01 (View Post)
See this is the first episode I truly liked, not only because of so much Brenda, but it's the first time I saw some glipses of the real Brenda. I.e.: The scene where she's concerned about Adriana and talked to R/K about it or after her interaction with Adriana/her mom.
Yeah, I saw some glimpses too. Which is why I want her to be able to bring Brenda back more. It was the first episode that I really liked Brenda in, especially away from anything "triangle" related or just Kelly-centered. I also enjoyed some of the playful-serious, bantering scenes she had with Silver standing in as the stage manager along with the Adrianna scenes.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Shannen Doherty was just on my local radion station ... Kiss 95.7 FM. It was a small snippet of an interview and a "Brenda fan" called in and got to ask her what it would take for her to stay on the new show. He said most of us who loved the original loved it while she was on it. And, then, Shannen kind of laughed and was like "well, more fan responses like that" because she said the reason she even came back was we fans in the first place." Got to love her.
Aww, thanks for sharing this Heather! I wish I could have heard it ^^ I love that more people is letting her know how beloved Brenda really is. Now let's hope she also realizes there still lots and lots of BD fans out there

Now I'm looking forward to see Brenda's scenes even more. I couldn't watch the epi last night but today I will Thanks for the link, M
Old 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Gosh, I hope she comes back!! I have missed seeing her on t.v.

AJ
Old 09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caris_leogirl (View Post)
Aww, thanks for sharing this Heather! I wish I could have heard it ^^ I love that more people is letting her know how beloved Brenda really is. Now let's hope she also realizes there still lots and lots of BD fans out there

Now I'm looking forward to see Brenda's scenes even more. I couldn't watch the epi last night but today I will Thanks for the link, M
You're welcome.

I happened to be home today and totally caught it by accident. I was cleaning up my bedroom and listening to music at the same time went there was an intermission. I was so surprised when they announced her name. It was awesome to hear her.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's just awesome seeing her name and Jennie's name out there again. Even though I do not care for the new show whatsoever, I'm happy to see them getting covers, interviews, etc. again. Those girls totally deserve it. I just hope they're both able to capitalize on the momentum and jumpstart both their careers again. We need more talented actresses on television these days!

icon: Steffi
Old 09-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Total Fan

morning 'yall...

H, that is a cute story, thanks for sharing it to us...

and here's a petition to keep shannen in 90210...

Keep Shannen Doherty on 90210! Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

Last edited by charmingbrenda; 09-25-2008 at 07:01 AM
Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's night time for me here, M.

But yeah, you're welcome. It was short but still nice to listen to her anyway. And goodie, a petition. Now that show just needs better writers and developers to go along with her return. Too bad we don't have a petition for that too.

Yeah, Jianna, at the very least, if nothing else comes out of it the attention given to them should be good. It offers publicity and it could help to jumpstart them in new directions if that's the path that they decide to go from here on out.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Total Fan

oh i figured....

well, i just woke up, and what better way to start my day than to check on my beloved forums...

i really think i dreamt of shannen last night, i just dont remember what is it all about...
Old 09-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

I am so depressed about her leaving!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Total Fan

you're telling me...

i keep telling myself that it's ok...but it's not... i want more of brenda... i love last night's episode...and i want more...
Old 09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

You know, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but it seems like every show that Shay is on she leaves after a couple seasons. I would really like to see her for an entire series!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Total Fan

i know what you mean....what bugs me is that she did a GREAT job in both charmed and BH, even in NS, and i fell hard for her characters in those shows, then what? she left us... but that was all in the past i still love her to death...
Old 09-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah Shannen is a wonderful actress with great skill! That's why it bugs me so damn much! An actress as good as her deserves her OWN show!