Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

I've tried to analyze that scene in a couple of different ways, but I never can come to a solid conclusion on Dylan's feelings on this. He didn't want anyone to go, so maybe it just has to do with him being a very private person. He became even more reserved in the later seasons than he was in the earlier seasons. I just loved how Kelly told him that she was proud of him. It was something he wanted to hear from her for a long time. What she thought of him meant a lot to him, you saw that in his face countless times, though he would never act like that on the outside.

That's very true, she was scared to get close to him again, not because of how he could let her down, but she was scared of her own feelings for him. She had longed for him for so long, ever since they broke up in season four. It was a very complex situation, especially with Matt thrown into the mix. It ws so much easier to stay with the decent guy, than to take the jump back into Dylan's arms. It was nothing that Dylan would do wrong though, her feelings probably scared her, and she had a history of being insecure towards herself. Not being good enough.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
"Kelly, I would never let you down."
I love that line.

Quote:
Why was Kelly so afraid that he would let her down? When they were dating he was always there for her being supportive and helping her. He was always so dedicated to her.
I guess she was afraid ..

Quote:
That's what I always say ... So I took it as K's excuse to avoid intimacy again.
Yeah I agree with Mel, she was probably afraid of intimacy, and being involved with Dylan like that again.

Old cap

Old 11-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellylovesDylan (View Post)
Why was Kelly so afraid that he would let her down? When they were dating he was always there for her being supportive and helping her. He was always so dedicated to her.
Because she's insecure and Dylan is selfish and sometimes really ruthless... and he's not the same guy anymore he was in their relationship!!

Honestly, I could totally understand her angst to be alone in the end when she trust him and chose him over Matt. I mean, Matt was a liar... but he was the same kind of man like Brandon, absolutely loyal and too much sovereign to let a person who needs them alone because of being selfish!!

And when Kelly comes to Dylans hotel in the night and told him about this, that she can't trust him and and and and he said "No, that's not true" ... I thought for her "That's our story" because it was!!

He wasn't that bad boyfriend to her, hell no... but she needs more than that. That was the reason they weren't able to make it work in Season 4!! Here insecure and his selfishness! I mean, that's what I think *lol*

And then he came with the soulmate-thing, 2 month later he married another woman. Then he went to London to Brenda, then he came back and told her that he wants to be with her but did not seriously tried to be with her. He did not really enter to a possible relationship with Kelly - remember her first "All or Nothing"!!

And that's why for me it was understandable that she had a little angst to trust him...

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And when Kelly comes to Dylans hotel in the night and told him about this, that she can't trust him and and and and he said "No, that's not true" ... I thought for her "That's our story" because it was!!
I was thinking just the opposite. I was insulted for Dylan.

Quote:
And then he came with the soulmate-thing, 2 month later he married another woman. Then he went to London to Brenda, then he came back and told her that he wants to be with her but did not seriously tried to be with her. He did not really enter to a possible relationship with Kelly - remember her first "All or Nothing"!!
She kept rejecting him! What was he supposed to do? Then, throw a drug problem into the mix for S9, and he didn't think Kelly meant her first 'all or nothing' proposal. That's what he tells David. And to a degree, yeah, he was cautious at that point. I would be too if a Kelly Taylor I was in love with kept telling me 'no', and getting engaged to other people.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Funny thing is Dylan was way more loyal to Kelly than Brandon or Matt ever was. Brandon cheated on Kelly multiple times in their relationship, Matt was married and kept it from her, and then cheated on her when they were engaged.

Dylan was selfish, but he was always there for her. He never cheated on her, he always listened to her when she needed him. He taught her how to have respect for herself, he gave her a lot of things that she needed in life. He was her savior in a way, and yes she was his as well.

Dylan wasn't the same as he was earlier, he was depressed because of all that he had lost in life. But the moment he gets her back in the last episode that all changes. Hes dancing again, hes open to committment. You see it for a few short minutes, but it was enough to show that he was on the right track again.

Kelly chose herself when he wanted to be with her again. He couldn't spend the rest of his life pining over her. She went out with Colin not long after she chose herself. Dylan didn't meant to fall in love with Antonia, but he did. If Kelly was allowed to be with someone else, he very much allowed to be with someone else as well.

When Dylan came back he was in a horrible state, he had no closure since his wife died. He was doing drugs, he had seen so many horrible things in his life. He wanted to be Kelly, but he needed to get his life straighened out at first, and he finally was able to. Kelly was right to not be with him at first, but after awhile she was just scared for her own reasons, not for anything that Dylan would have done. Matt was by far a worse choice than Dylan was for the reasons that I listed above. Dylan could be selfish, but he was always there for her when she needed him, and he had never cheated on her.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, I felt sorry for him too... I mean, it was so damn obviously that he was so deep in love with her and you know, most time I thought "Let's kiss her, kiss her, kiss her!"

But... Dylan wasn't really involved in having a "all or nothing" relationship with Kelly. And yes, I agree he did not take her proposal serious, like she didn't too... but if he doesn't why doesn't he say "All" or anything else, he said nothing!! NOTHING!!

They fighted a lot for nothing in Season 10, it was complicated most of time ... but Dylan was a little passive. Engaged or not... in the end it doesn't worry him, so why in the beginning?

For her he was an uncertain person. She always knew he loves her and she always knew she loves him too but also knew he would not chose "all" and that's what she wanted and needed from a man!

See how easy it was in the end when he gave her an "all" ... how easy it knocks her out of her perfect life! Because she NEVER expected that...

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

He said nothing, because he was surprised. He needed time to think about it, and I can back that up. Christmas before Kelly announced her engagment, he went to tell her in the kitchen that he changed his mind and was picking all. If you out of the blue got a proposal like that, and you were currently depressed, for a number of reasons...even if you werent depressed, you would probably need time.

Clearly its not true that he would never choose all, because he simply was going too. He just ended up being cut off an episode later before he could. Kelly was wrong in thinking that.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Funny thing is Dylan was way more loyal to Kelly than Brandon or Matt ever was. Brandon cheated on Kelly multiple times in their relationship, Matt was married and kept it from her, and then cheated on her when they were engaged.
I didn't know any of that but I had heard that Matt was not everyones faorite guest star, to put it genly . Now, when you say Brandon cheated on her arre you talking about Emily Valentine?

Quote:
Dylan wasn't the same as he was earlier, he was depressed because of all that he had lost in life.
Which is why he went to drugs, right?

Quote:
But the moment he gets her back in the last episode that all changes
Yep, definitly! After he got Kelly back he was so much more happier!

Quote:
Dylan didn't meant to fall in love with Antonia, but he did
But do you think he fell in love with her because he couldn't have Kelly? In other words,let's say that Antoni hadn't died, do you think that marriage would have lasted? I mean Dy/K are soulmates, so I think there would be something missing in the Dy/Toni marriage...true love. Am I right?

Yea I think after Toni died, ylan went to London just to cleart his mind.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Dylan could be selfish, but he was always there for her when she needed him, and he had never cheated on her.
I know. With how deeply in love he was with her, particularly when coupled with the grief of their post-break-up days, I thought for sure he'd rise to any occasion, if only Kelly would let him. Dy's not the type to blow you off. Sure, he did so once in S4 and apologized for it -- doesn't mean this quality has been tattooed on his character.

Well, there's saying nothing and literally choosing "nothing", and stating so. The difference matters here, and what he got was tongue-tied. Still with some fear. But he in no way relinquished all possibility -- or even his immediate desire -- to be with her.

Quote:
Engaged or not... in the end it doesn't worry him, so why in the beginning?
See, I would say the reverse; that it didn't worry him in the beginning and did so in the end. Thus that scene in the Bel Age where he's depressed that he may have to let her go for good.

Quote:
She always knew he loves her and she always knew she loves him too but also knew he would not chose "all" and that's what she wanted and needed from a man!

See how easy it was in the end when he gave her an "all" ... how easy it knocks her out of her perfect life! Because she NEVER expected that...
But still, I can agree with this, and I loved it.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Amy, with Brandon I'm talking about both Emily and Emma. He cheated on her with Emily season five while kissing Emily while, and after Kelly burned in a fire. Emma he slept with while they were dating in season eight...Dylan did drugs because he was depressed over the loss of antonia. As far as Antonia and Dylan went, I do think their marriage could have lasted. I personally believe you have more than one soulmate. Plus, I loved their relationship. So you know...I'm biased hahahaha.

Mel, yes he blew her off once. He's human, no one is perfect in a relationship. He did say he was sorry, but for the really serious issues, even the less serious issues (with the acception of one time) he was always there for her. He was a loner and he let Kelly move in with him when David was doing drugs. He was a great boyfriend.

The engagment always bothered him, he made countless remarks about it to her. One of my favorites being when Matt and Kelly were trying to figure out where to get married:

"Oh yes deffiantly do it in a church, and halfway down the asile you can have a confessional." (I know I can't quote if my life depended on it! But you get the drift hahaha)
Old 11-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
with Brandon I'm talking about both Emily and Emma. He cheated on her with Emily season five while kissing Emily while, and after Kelly burned in a fire. Emma he slept with while they were dating in season eight
I always hated that he did that to her during the fire...I perbably shouldn't be talking about this here but it did make me mad.

Actually Alexs can you meet me on the Dy/Luke thread?

Well I don't know to much about the Dy/Toni relationship but that was just my assumption.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I remember that line, Alexis. Trade in "you can have" for "there's", and you've got the quote. Actually, my favorite quip was after they tell him they've set a date.
"Well, I have a dentist appointment that day."

And Amy, I, too, think that Dylan and Antonia would have remained married for the long haul. I mean, if you ask me, he would always love Kelly, but did have the capacity to move on (so long as they were in opposite cities ). I don't believe in literal soulmates (not even for Dy/K), just people that you'll love all your life, understand you well, and set your personal growth forth in a way that's necessary.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And Amy, I, too, think that Dylan and Antonia would have remained married for the long haul. I mean, if you ask me, he would always love Kelly, but did have the capacity to move on (so long as they were in opposite cities ). I don't believe in literal soulmates (not even for Dy/K), just people that you'll never stop loving, understand you well, and set your personal growth forth in a way that's necessary
I couldn't agree more Mel, again I don't know too much about the Dy/Toni relationship except that she was a private spy or he was a private spy or something like that! But yea I hear what you're saying and I do aggree.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

oooo I love the dentist apointment quote! hahaha I forgot about that. I haven't seen that episode a lot compared to the other ones I've seen over and over again, but that episode is worth for that line and the last scene

Yes, Antonia and Dylan could have been made it till death did them part (had she lived hahaha) if he werent in the same city as Kelly. Had Antonia and him moved back to Beverly Hills for whatever reason I still think they could have made it. He had moved on from Kelly as much as anyone can move on from someone they fell so deeply in love with. He was with someone else he did love, and with his dedication I believe he could have made it work.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And Amy, I, too, think that Dylan and Antonia would have remained married for the long haul. I mean, if you ask me, he would always love Kelly, but did have the capacity to move on (so long as they were in opposite cities ). I don't believe in literal soulmates (not even for Dy/K), just people that you'll love all your life, understand you well, and set your personal growth forth in a way that's necessary.
Yeah I agree Mel, I also think you have more then one 'Soul Mate'

Dylan & Antonia had a beautiful relationship, it was good to finally see him happy, just sad it wasn't for long, I'm glad he came back though for Kelly, but then again I think everyone in this thread is heh.

Quote:
Actually, my favorite quip was after they tell him they've set a date.
"Well, I have a dentist appointment that day."

Ahh love it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread