Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Throughout this time, Brenda was confident that she would get chosen. That's because she didn't know about Dk during the summer.
heyitsrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
yulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if they both still have that dress.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good question.

Kelly is really bitchy in this scene. She knows Brenda cannot afford the same as she can and she just throws material differences between them in her face. Now, 2 years later, in Kindness of Strangers, in the scene right before Dylan arrives and kisses them both, they discuss some fancy event where they should dress well and Brenda tells Kelly "You know I cannot afford it" and Kelly says they will figure out something. It showed how much her personality changed.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-23-2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good take there!
Old 08-24-2017, 01:03 AM
Master Fan

Kelly has everything and Brenda was just a simple girl from MN - yet Kelly's jealousy was apparent towards Brenda. I love that scene when they were shopping for a Spring Dance dress - it was funny
Old 08-24-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Kelly wanted Brenda's normal life and is willing to give up her money/credit cards to get it.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Yes that's right - hence her insecurities
Old 08-24-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think at some points, Brenda would give up some things in her life for Kelly's credit cards and money. Lol. But I remember in the beginning of S3 when Jim felt bad for not letting Brenda see Dylan, he gave her his credit card and told her to have fun. His only warning was "just don't buy out the whole store." Whoa. My parents never did that with me. Lol. Jim's got some serious money.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

Jim had plenty of cash - that's why he allowed Brenda to take his credit card but keep it at limits. I think Brenda may change due to the "Beverly Hills" environment but I'm sure her parents will keep both her kids grounded unlike spoiled brats like Kelly, Dylan and Steve
Old 08-26-2017, 01:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Kelly is really bitchy in this scene. She knows Brenda cannot afford the same as she can and she just throws material differences between them in her face. Now, 2 years later, in Kindness of Strangers, in the scene right before Dylan arrives and kisses them both, they discuss some fancy event where they should dress well and Brenda tells Kelly "You know I cannot afford it" and Kelly says they will figure out something. It showed how much her personality changed.
Oh, never caught that. I was always too focused on Dylan behind them to absorb the dialogue.

loveslullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh, never caught that. I was always too focused on Dylan behind them to absorb the dialogue.

Last edited by loveslullaby; 08-26-2017 at 02:11 AM
Old 08-26-2017, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a cute clip with Scott

Quote:
I think at some points, Brenda would give up some things in her life for Kelly's credit cards and money. Lol.
Well, maybe just very early on the show. But I think since she found out about Kelly's problems with Jackie she would never be willing to trade again.

Quote:
But I remember in the beginning of S3 when Jim felt bad for not letting Brenda see Dylan, he gave her his credit card and told her to have fun. His only warning was "just don't buy out the whole store." Whoa. My parents never did that with me. Lol. Jim's got some serious money.
Yeah, I'm sure he had a lot of money. The Walshes were well off. But they were not as rich as Kelly, Donna, Steve and especially Dylan's parents.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-26-2017, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think at some points, Brenda would give up some things in her life for Kelly's credit cards and money. Lol.
Well, maybe just very early on the show. But I think since she found out about Kelly's problems with Jackie she would never be willing to trade again.

Quote:
But I remember in the beginning of S3 when Jim felt bad for not letting Brenda see Dylan, he gave her his credit card and told her to have fun. His only warning was "just don't buy out the whole store." Whoa. My parents never did that with me. Lol. Jim's got some serious money.
Yeah, I'm sure he had a lot of money. The Walshes were well off. But they were not as rich as Kelly, Donna, Steve and especially Dylan's parents.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-26-2017, 02:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

For some reason, Shannen looks a bit like Demi Moore there.

Quote:
Sandwiching him.
Reply   Post New Thread