Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise (View Post)

It's not only they started off wrong but they didn't make any sense together. True we know since the beginning she always had a crush on him and he flirted with her for a while but we never saw much of a friendship between the two to believe something could happen between them. They kind of came out of left field.
Denise, I couldn't agree more and that's why I hate all the sudden soulmate crap talk between them when during all the other seasons. It was more like Dylan couldn't stand being around her and vice versa. Especially when Dylan was drinking heavily, was Kelly around to help him as a 'friend'....uh no. it was Brenda who stuck with him thru the good and bad.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 (View Post)
Denise, I couldn't agree more and that's why I hate all the sudden soulmate crap talk between them when during all the other seasons. It was more like Dylan couldn't stand being around her and vice versa. Especially when Dylan was drinking heavily, was Kelly around to help him as a 'friend'....uh no. it was Brenda who stuck with him thru the good and bad.
Even When Dylan's Father Died(Though He Was Alive), Brenda Helped Him Through All That Not Trampelly. Kelly Doesn't Know Dylan The Way Brenda Does. She Never Will. And She Doesn't Understand Dylan The Way Brenda Does Either.
Proud Fan Of: S&B, EJ Dimera,Lannie, J&R, Lancy,TnT, Bangel/Spuffy Tangeline, Jash, Brucas, CarLo, Jiz, LuSam, Broe, Sax, Lane,Chilly/Villy, Therox, Danloe, M&M, Daley, Rillian, Greenleo, Brylan, Gylan, Bangel/Spuffy, DJo, DJen, Tridge, Bremily Pemily, Brelly Icon: Afrodite
Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Kelly was too self - involved to really help Dylan with his problems when most of the time she cared more about what happens to her than anybody else. Dylan's father death in season three was showing of how selfish and self - involved she can be. Dylan became a person I didn't enjoy anymore when he was with her. It like all these bad qualities came to the forefront while with her. There was no growth together. I still don't know why they kept them together most of season four.

hugs,
Denise
Old 08-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise (View Post)
Kelly was too self - involved to really help Dylan with his problems when most of the time she cared more about what happens to her than anybody else. Dylan's father death in season three was showing of how selfish and self - involved she can be. Dylan became a person I didn't enjoy anymore when he was with her. It like all these bad qualities came to the forefront while with her. There was no growth together. I still don't know why they kept them together most of season four.

hugs,
Denise
Exactly The Point Dylan Was Not The Same When He Paired With Kelly They Just Didn't Click At All.
Proud Fan Of: S&B, EJ Dimera,Lannie, J&R, Lancy,TnT, Bangel/Spuffy Tangeline, Jash, Brucas, CarLo, Jiz, LuSam, Broe, Sax, Lane,Chilly/Villy, Therox, Danloe, M&M, Daley, Rillian, Greenleo, Brylan, Gylan, Bangel/Spuffy, DJo, DJen, Tridge, Bremily Pemily, Brelly Icon: Afrodite
Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Dylan became a person I didn't enjoy anymore when he was with her. It like all these bad qualities came to the forefront while with her.
Yup.

That's how it appeared to me too. Dylan became this insensitive brute during his time with Kelly and it really made him unlikeable. Then, he had these few moments in season 4 where the original Dylan broke through again, and those were the times he was in a scene with Brenda. But then, he'd go right back to being an insensitve brute in other scenes, with Brenda or Kelly.

Whoever said they should have broken up in the beginning of season 4 hit it right on the head. Actually, they were broken up for a bit when Kelly came back from Europe and it should have stayed that way. I mean, , c'mon now, he's calling and trying to get a hold of Brenda in Minnesota at the end of the first eppy in s4! What does that tell you?

It screams ... "I know I f***ed up at my father's celebration party and made the wrong choice. Now I need to fix it!"

Quote:
it was Brenda who stuck with him thru the good and bad.

The funeral of Dylan's father is the prime example of that. She wasn't dating him and no one would have blamed her if she kept her distance. He betrayed her with her make-believe best friend ( sorry had to throw that part in there b/c what real friend does such a thing).

Brenda was in no way obligated to stand by Dylan in anyway. However, she put those feelings aside for Dylan's sake. It's one of the most self-less acts and that's how you know Brenda is really the one that loves Dylan, not Kelly. Kelly was too pre-occupied with her feelings of insecurity b/c Brenda was reaching out to help him. She did it later on too when Dylan drove Brenda back home from Palm Springs after her break-up with Stuart. She's completely paranoid and self-centered on extreme levels.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 08-01-2008 at 11:41 AM
Old 08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Heather, your posts are always so great to read. Unfortunately, I'm working on an anti-Dy/K art right now () but I'll respond to your points which are all really good as soon as I can. Just wanted to throw in my "Viva la Dy/K misery" chant.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ha, thanks. And that's okay, Shanti. Work away, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I, too, love the discussions I get into with you guys here. Because we all can joke and be funny at times but we can also pull back and state very valid points in articulate ways.

We're all so gifted! I wonder if we shared past lives together?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think I was in the renaissance in my past life. Wild wild west really does nothing for me. Besides if Kelly and Dylan were actually there they would be just as boring and sad as a couple as they are as Dylan and Kelly together.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yup.

The funeral of Dylan's father is the prime example of that. She wasn't dating him and no one would have blamed her if she kept her distance. He betrayed her with her make-believe best friend ( sorry had to throw that part in there b/c what real friend does such a thing).

Brenda was in no way obligated to stand by Dylan in anyway. However, she put those feelings aside for Dylan's sake. It's one of the most self-less acts and that's how you know Brenda is really the one that loves Dylan, not Kelly. Kelly was too pre-occupied with her feelings of insecurity b/c Brenda was reaching out to help him. She did it later on too when Dylan drove Brenda back home from Palm Springs after her break-up with Stuart. She's completely paranoid and self-centered on extreme levels.
Exactly Brenda was never self centered or self absorbed she cared about others feeling before her own. she has what u called a heart and common sense and also compassion something Kelly doesn't have. They Made a big mistake to pair Kelly and Dylan together they made no sense at all. Completely incompatible. they had nothing in common but sex. back to Kelly. Kelly was never a friend to begin with at all. if u come to think of When The Rumor about Brenda sleeping with Acting teacher came about thanks to steve and laura for that, Kelly believe no doubt that brenda slept with the acting teacher so did everyone sles except for Dylan. I Was Glad He Did Believe Brenda Cause she really needed someone to trust and to believe in her and her so called best Trampelly on the other hand believed the worst. Even her own brother and parents believed the worst in her. Talk about Her Friends and family love and care about her. The only one that loved and cared about brenda was dylan cuz he knew brenda inside out To A T.!!
Done Ranting
Old 08-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It screams ... "I know I f***ed up at my father's celebration party and made the wrong choice. Now I need to fix it!"
Totally. It was like a bad experiment that blew up in his face. Poor Dylan. Got what he paid for. Of course I hate what he did to Brenda but it was in line with his character and changing his women frequently, being non-committal, etc. Except for Brenda. He could never quite shake her. That unspoken aspect of BD always contradicted the empty talk about the deep connection he and Kelly would bring up. Like they were saying all the right things but it was about the wrong couple.

I have caps and transcript for a "beautiful" Dy/K moment. I'll post tomorrow when you all get here.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hehe! Can't wait, S.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)

We're all so gifted! I wonder if we shared past lives together?!
M♥D B♥D E♥B A♥I D♥I Ad♥A I♥G L♥G C♥M C♥O A♥P C♥V D♥C L♥A R♥N A♥B B♥K K♥D T♥D D♥D V♥D N♥E S♥D A♥E Z♥C E♥C B♥A J♥R G♥C Z♥K J♥K C♥C S♥B B♥L H♥N R♥R D♥S C♥B B♥N R♥L N♥V J♥R K♥R S♥K N♥C J♥A B♥E C♥N S♥E S♥B C♥D L♥L C♥S Jason♥Sam J♥L R♥P S♥C E♥T N♥B C♥P L♥P D♥J P♥J P♥A L♥L R♥J R♥M S♥S Avatar by catkirk7!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Extreme Fan

(Brigitte and Dylan speak in French with Kelly watching silently.)
Brigitte: She went to all the shops in Paris?
Dylan: That’s the same life she lives in Beverly Hills.
(laughter)
Brigitte: Ah yes. She’s the queen of shopping!
Dylan: More like a princess. (smirks)
(English)
Kelly: Are you laughing at me?
Dylan: No, Kel. We’re not.
Kelly: In that case, why don’t you tell me what you said?
Dylan: Because it loses something in the translation.
Kelly and Dylan. Making a Mockery of Love Since 1992.

I had to roughly translate the French so it may not be perfect.

Last edited by thineownself; 08-02-2008 at 12:15 PM
Old 08-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love your post Shanti.

M♥D B♥D E♥B A♥I D♥I Ad♥A I♥G L♥G C♥M C♥O A♥P C♥V D♥C L♥A R♥N A♥B B♥K K♥D T♥D D♥D V♥D N♥E S♥D A♥E Z♥C E♥C B♥A J♥R G♥C Z♥K J♥K C♥C S♥B B♥L H♥N R♥R D♥S C♥B B♥N R♥L N♥V J♥R K♥R S♥K N♥C J♥A B♥E C♥N S♥E S♥B C♥D L♥L C♥S Jason♥Sam J♥L R♥P S♥C E♥T N♥B C♥P L♥P D♥J P♥J P♥A L♥L R♥J R♥M S♥S Avatar by catkirk7!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Miriam. I love Dylan's smirk.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread