Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 12:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, I think the writers meant anyone else that was really significant.
Quote:
I didn't like they made Eric dumber and dumber throughout the series. What was really the point of that?
Yeah, I hated that Eric was a joke by the end. I also didn't like the garage sale ep with him and Cory. Not only did it have them go through with getting rid of all their childhood stuff, it had their rift unresolved. I really enjoyed his friendship with Jack though.

Last edited by loveslullaby; 12-06-2013 at 01:52 PM
Old 12-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

I liked Boy Meets World but I always thought Cory and Topanga were a rip off of Kevin and Winnie, so I could never fully commit to them. I think stopped watching when they were in college but a lot of my friends enjoyed the college years better. Watching it now, it is very good- kind of reminds me of Friends or something.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I definitely preferred the first and college seasons to the middle school/highschool ones. Senior year was pretty good though.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually like the middle school/high school episodes over the college episodes.

While I enjoyed both, I like the Wonder Years more. To me, it stayed consistent in terms of the storylines and I think had more heart. I was bummed that it only lasted 6 seasons. I heard that many cast members wanted it to go longer. It had its similarities but I didn't find it as a rip off.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I could never really get into "The Wonder Years" for some reason, I didn't hate it, but didn't love it.

It kind of annoyed me how they kept changing when Cory and Topanga met, but when I watched commentary of a lot of the cast and Michael Jacobs on a few episodes and they joked around and acknowledged that it didn't bother me anymore for some reason. I actually really like listening to the cast commentary on " Boy Meets World", you can tell they still love being around each other.
I am an original”
Old 12-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I love the kinship Ben and Danielle have been able to maintain over the years. They even celebrated their "wedding anniversary" this year, lol.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
It kind of annoyed me how they kept changing when Cory and Topanga met, but when I watched commentary of a lot of the cast and Michael Jacobs on a few episodes and they joked around and acknowledged that it didn't bother me anymore for some reason. I actually really like listening to the cast commentary on " Boy Meets World", you can tell they still love being around each other.
To me, it's ok to say that they've been together for 16 or so years...but it's not ideal to say this after it's been shown on screen that they've been with other people. In the 1st season, it shows that Cory was always making fun of Topanga. That's not very friendly.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

They were always teasing Topanga in the first season so that is kind of odd to say they have been together for 16 years.
I am an original”
Old 12-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the episode where Cory's little brother was born, I do like how they referenced Topanga's spiritual attitude that she had in S1. At least that was correct.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that too, and they recreated the lipstick scene.
I am an original”
Old 12-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this scene. Too bad I couldn't find the later season lipstick scene.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I love Cory and Topanga.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you excited for Girl Meets World?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I'll give it a try? You?
Old 12-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
While I enjoyed both, I like the Wonder Years more. To me, it stayed consistent in terms of the storylines and I think had more heart. I was bummed that it only lasted 6 seasons. I heard that many cast members wanted it to go longer. It had its similarities but I didn't find it as a rip off.
Me too. I completely agree- if anything the Wonder Years had more heart than any other show. I believe once Kevin's voice changed and he entered high school- it wasn't the same show. Plus, it was on the same night and time as Beverly Hills 90210 which had to be tough. I think it could have gone on for one more year but it ended well- actually I would say the best series finale I've ever seen.