Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

90210 Spin Off #2: Because Kelly! Donna! Brenda! Nat! Hannah! Erin! Jackie! are back!

Quote:
An edgy, contemporary spin-off of the iconic drama "Beverly Hills, 90210," the new 90210 looks at life through the eyes of Annie Mills (Shenae Grimes, "Degrassi: The Next Generation") and her brother Dixon (Tristan Wilds, "The Wire"), whose first day at West Beverly Hills High School leaves no doubt they're not in Kansas anymore. The Mills family, including dad Harry (casting TBD) and mom Debbie (Lori Loughlin, "Summerland"), has relocated to Beverly Hills to keep an eye on Harry's mother Tabitha (Jessica Walter, "Arrested Development"), a feisty-but-faded former television star and a charter member of the Betty Ford Clinic. For Annie and Dixon, the awkwardness of being the new kids is made worse by the fact that their dad has taken a job as the high school principal. The school is one big culture shock for Annie, a sweet and friendly girl with a passion for the theater, and Dixon, a star athlete and scholar who was adopted by the Mills family after they took him in as a foster child. Annie and Dixon have a close sibling relationship, which they'll need to help them cope with all the new cliques and classmates, including Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord, "Nip/Tuck"), a hot, spoiled, rich girl; Ethan (Dustin Milligan, "Runaway"), a popular jock whose abilities rival Dixon's; Navid (Michael Steger, "The Winner"), an aspiring reporter who heads up the school's daily newscast; and Silver (Jessica Stroup, "Prom Night"), a rebel who produces and stars in a YouTube-type video series. Even the faculty seems hip and sophisticated at WBHHS, such as smart and funny teacher Ryan Matthews (Ryan Eggold, "Dirt") and beautiful guidance counselor Kelly Taylor (guest star Jennie Garth, the original "Beverly Hills, 90210"). The Mills family has just begun to realize how much their lives are about to change. 90210 is produced by CBS Paramount Network Television with executive producers Gabe Sachs & Jeff Judah ("Freaks & Geeks"). Mark Piznarski ("Gossip Girl") is the director and executive producer of the pilot.
Preview clip:

Old 07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by thineownself (View Post)
So "Daphne Silver" was changed to Erin months ago secretly. (). Ann Gillespie is coming back as Jackie Taylor (woot! love her). Ausiello is all over this spin-off. I love it.

This Just In: Another '90210' Alum Heads For the 'Hills'

I think Jessica Stroup fits the role/look of Erin rather well as I try to imagine her now.

Also...my initial thought is just how many different connections to the original are they going for?
Bringing this over.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Goodie. New thread, I hadn't even noticed right away that the other one went over. Thanks for starting it, kingjames23.

I like the question about how many connections are they going for with the originals. And I didn't even know Hannah was back until reading the new title.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Hee. You went with my title suggestion. I'm touched.

Still SO excited about the Erin connection and possible resurrection of Hannah. Hm, Andrea's daughter would be 3 grades younger than her.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Extreme Fan

It's funny I got so used to calling her Daphne. Maybe they'll keep it somehow...middle name perhaps? haha.

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, C! Love the title. I hope that list keeps getting longer and longer.

Icon by Court
Old 07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Still SO excited about the Erin connection and possible resurrection of Hannah. Hm, Andrea's daughter would be 3 grades younger than her.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how they play with the timeline or if they do at all.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Master Fan

That might be too much work. I hope they don't think we're lazy fans...we know our character's ages!

Icon by Court
Old 07-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

Yeah she'd be about what 17?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Erin would be 16 and Hannah 14.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

Great highschool ages, but they had better be a couple of grades apart.

Icon by Court
Old 07-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That might be too much work. I hope they don't think we're lazy fans...we know our character's ages!
I know but I keep thinking back on all the shows I've watched and realized that alot of them have the tendency to do it. Like the silly soaps were a baby is born, ages a little bit, disappears, and then comes back in like four years only they're a whole decade older?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

Well, so far the new producers seem to be trying to make things work with the old show, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I just figure something's going to give eventually and they'll slip up. I don't like lazy fact-checking on things like that, but it happens in every show. Heck, it happened a myriad of times in the original.

Icon by Court
Old 07-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Hannah and Erin FTW.

I want them to be the main characters.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I know but I keep thinking back on all the shows I've watched and realized that alot of them have the tendency to do it. Like the silly soaps were a baby is born, ages a little bit, disappears, and then comes back in like four years only they're a whole decade older?
That's called SORAS-ing a character. Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome. They do it all the time and I guess for daytime soaps it's okay, because they need to move the stories along, but for shows where there's an actual history and fans who keep up with the characters, it's pretty dumb.

I like the title. I keep wanting to say, "Oh, my!" at the end.
Brad Jen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread