Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

News & Appearances #8: He could be on a break, but we'll still have news

Upcoming Appearances:
Most Recent:
Video Interviews:
#Leonardo DiCaprio: ‘Jersey Shore’ Is ‘A Funny Show’ | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
#Leonardo DiCaprio Is 'Okay' With 'Avatar' Beating 'Titanic' | Video | MTV
#'Akira' Vs. 'Twilight Zone': What Will Happen First? | Video | MTV
#Leonardo DiCaprio Wishes He Could Have Starred In 'Taxi Driver' | Video | MTV
#How Leonardo DiCaprio Met The 'Jersey Shore' Cast | Video | MTV
# Ben Shephard meets Leonardo DiCaprio | Entertainment | GMTV

---
Articles/Interviews:
# Roger Ebert Interview
# Leonardo DiCaprio Donates $1 Million for Haiti Relief - Good Deeds, Leonardo DiCaprio : People.com
#Leonardo DiCaprio Donates $1 Mil to Haiti | Extra
# News Center Blog Archive Leo “The King”
# Blue Skies for Leonardo DiCaprio Part 1 Part 2
# DiCaprio on no longer being the star of biggest movie of all time - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
# News Center Blog Archive RTL Inteview
#Leonardo DiCaprio Too Busy For Kids | Showbiz Spy - celebrity news, rumors & gossip
#News Center Blog Archive Leo DiCaprio: When I look at Robert Pattinson
#Showbiz - News - DiCaprio 'gets therapy from friends' - Digital Spy
#Showbiz - News - DiCaprio 'happy to be a mummy's boy' - Digital Spy
#Titanic star Leonardo DiCaprio wants to play role of Joseph Stalin - Telegraph

Hubble 3D

Quote:
New "Hubble 3D" clips have arrived. Leonardo DiCaprio, narrates the documentary as seen in the clip below. Certain to impress, the Warner Bros. Pictures film is helmed and written by Toni Myers. Judy Carroll produces.

Pic finds limited areas on March 19th, if you can catch it, don't miss it.

We have fifteen clips for your viewing pleasure which include interesting feedback.

PLOT:
Experience the gripping story - full of hope, crushing disappointment, dazzling ingenuity, bravery and triumph in "Hubble 3D," the seventh awe-inspiring film from the award-winning IMAX Space Team. Through the power of IMAX® 3D, "Hubble 3D" will enable movie-goers to journey through distant galaxies to explore the grandeur and mysteries of our celestial surroundings, and accompany spacewalking astronauts as they attempt the most difficult and important tasks in NASA's history. The film will offer an inspiring and unique look into the Hubble Space Telescope's legacy and highlight its profound impact on the way we view the universe and ourselves.
'Hubble 3D' - New clips from the Leonardo DiCaprio-narrated documentary.

Quote:
DiCaprio to narrate 'Hubble 3D'
Imax, Warner Bros. pact for fourth time
By DAVE MCNARY

Leonardo DiCaprio has been tapped to narrate "Hubble 3D," set to be released in Imax theaters March 19.

Imax and Warner Bros. made the joint announcement Wednesday. "Hubble 3D" is the fourth 3D co-production between the two companies.

"Leonardo's exceptional talent as both an actor and communicator will dovetail nicely with this breathtaking film, and we're looking forward to having him guide us to the edge of the universe and back," said Imax CEO Richard L. Gelfond.

The film includes spacewalks by astronauts required to service the telescope. Project brings back the "Space Station 3D" filmmaking team, led by producer/director Toni Myers; James Neihouse is director of photography and the astronaut crew trainer.
DiCaprio to narrate 'Hubble 3D' - Entertainment News, 3D, Media - Variety
---
In-development Projects/Rumors:
Titanic 3D
Quote:
Talking to USA Today, director James Cameron confirmed the target date for a 3D version of his record-breaking epic Titanic.

“We’re targeting spring of 2012 for the release, which is the 100 year anniversary of the sailing of the ship.”....

Information server TLTnews.net

Quote:
What's nearly two billion dollars look like in 3-D?

More than 10 years after becoming king of the movie world, James Cameron's Titanic may soon be padding its $1.8 billion worldwide gross with a 3-D rerelease, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The trade paper says the upcoming rerelease of the Toy Story films has got other studios around town looking to pull films out of the vault and back into theaters with some souped-up effects.

So if you've ever wondered what Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet would look like if she were stretching her arms out right toward your face, well, dreams do come true....
Titanic to Crash Into Iceberg, Theaters Again in 3-D! - E! Online
---
Marty's "Frank Sinatra Biopic"
Quote:
“I don’t know [if I’ll play him],” DiCaprio told us recently when asked about the possibility, which has also been tied to such names as Depp and George Clooney. “I have no idea, really [if it will happen]. That’s really up to [Scorsese] and the people involved with [Sinatra's] estate.”

Still, the key question remains: If Scorsese comes calling on his blue-eyed frequent collaborator, does DiCaprio have the vocal chops?

“Oh, I can sing like Sinatra man, definitely,” laughed Leo. “Can’t everyone?”
Leonardo DiCaprio ‘Can Sing Like Sinatra Man, Definitely’ MTV Movies Blog

Quote:
Martin Scorsese reveals Leonardo DiCaprio is his first choice to play Ol' Blue Eyes in his upcoming biopic on Frank Sinatra.

The director just finished working with DiCaprio on the upcoming Shutter Island, as well as Gangs Of New York, The Departed and The Aviator.

"I think he can do it. I'm trying to talk him into it."
Leonardo DiCaprio As Frank Sinatra? | Splash News
---
Mel Gibson's "Viking" Project
Quote:

"There’s no script yet,” he disclosed. “Mel is a visionary. He has created some unbelievable worlds. What he did in ‘Apocalypto’ and ‘The Passion of the Christ’—he’s quite unique, so we’ll see what happens. I’m excited to see the outcome.”

“A story on the Vikings hasn’t been done for some time,” Leonardo added. “Mel is the perfect director. He has been obsessed with the Vikings and their culture his entire life. He’s had visions of it."
DiCaprio on no longer being the star of biggest movie of all time - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

Quote:
Mel Gibson will direct and Leonardo DiCaprio will star in an untitled period drama set in the world of Viking culture. William Monahan is writing the script.

Graham King will produce with Gibson and Tim Headington in a co-production between King’s GK Films and Gibson’s Icon Productions. Shooting is expected to begin fall, 2010, meaning that if everything falls into place, it would be the next directing effort for Gibson.

There is no distributor at the moment, but Gibson and King often make their films outside the studio system and secure distribution later.

The principals confirmed the project but would not divulge many details. DiCaprio, who has long been fascinated by Viking culture, will play one in a storyline that will be as unsparing as Gibson’s other period directing efforts “Braveheart,” “The Passion of the Christ” and “Apocalypto.”...

The producer teamed with DiCaprio and Monahan in the Oscar-winning drama “The Departed,” and just worked with Gibson and Monahan in the Martin Campbell-directed drama “Edge of Darkness.” ...

The Viking film will be DiCaprio’s first picture with Gibson.

“This will be an awe-inspiring story, created with some of the industry’s finest cinematic talent and I am just over the moon to be making this film with Mel, Leo and Bill,” King said in a statement after the principals confirmed the project to Daily Variety....

DiCaprio will likely take a film before putting on the Viking horns. He just completed the Christopher Nolan-directed “Inception” for Warner Bros., and will next be seen in the Martin Scorsese-directed “Shutter Island,” which Paramount releases February 19. Gibson just completed the Jodie Foster-directed “The Beaver.”

Gibson and Monahan are repped by WME, DiCaprio by Rick Yorn and Jennifer Killoran.
BFDealmemo on Variety.com
---
"Little Red Riding Hood"
Quote:
A Gothic reimagining of "Little Red Riding Hood" is in the works, thanks to Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way production. David Leslie Johnson, the guy who wrote "Orphan," is set to write the screenplay.

The story of "Little Red Riding Hood" is gothic already -- big bad wolf eating kids -- but through the years, it's been sanitized. So I suspect that DiCaprio and company will go back old-school from when the story was first popularized.

The story by Charles Perrault, the author of the first published version, has Red Riding Hood being eaten by the wolf, and has no happy ending.

Don't look for DiCaprio donning a red riding hood anytime soon though, or a Big Bad Wolf costume for that matter. The actor is not going to be in the film, he's just producing the gothic version.
Manny The Movie Guy - Leonardo DiCaprio Wants Gothic "Little Red Riding Hood"
---
Prisoners
Quote:
Apparently, Leo DiCaprio has his eye on Prisoners, an Aaron Guzikowski-scripted drama that Alcon Entertainment partners Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson bought last year.

According to Deadline, Prisoners has a Mystic River-meets-Taken storyline, and DiCaprio wants to play a small-town carpenter who takes matters into his own hands when his daughter and her friend are kidnapped.

"In the 12 years we've run this company, this is the most interesting, morally complex thriller we've ever gotten, and we can't wait to make the movie," Kosove told me. The script made the most recent Black List. And the Alcon duo, who with Gil Netter are up for Best Picture for The Blind Side, are producing with Kira Davis and Adam Kohlbrenner. Warner Bros will distribute.
Leo DiCaprio Is Eyeing Prisoners | MovieWeb

Quote:
Hollywood heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio is coming to Connecticut — eventually.
The actor has signed on for the lead role in the movie “Prisoners,” according to the New Haven Register.

Now ladies, don’t clear you calendars just yet to catch a glimpse of “Leo” for yourself. As of right now, the city of Derby is still waiting for word on when production will start on the film.

Word is that the prep work for the film is done, and locations have been picked out for certain scenes. The hold up appears to be negotiations with stars and directors who have delayed the project, according to the New Haven Register.

Allison Ewart, a staff production coordinator with Alcon Entertainment, said Monday that the movie is on “indefinite hold” right now.

“We don’t have a production date yet,” she said to the New Haven Register. “We hope to pick it back up later this year or early next year.

The movie calls for winter scenes, so that has reportedly prompted speculation that too much more of a delay will push production back until next year.

“Prisoners” is about two families who are neighbors whose two youngest daughters go missing, and the ensuing search for them.
News Center Blog Archive Leonardo DiCaprio is Coming to Connecticut
---
'The Guardians'
Quote:
DiCaprio set for animated feature
Actor to voice Jack Frost in 'The Guardians'
By PETER DEBRUGE

Leonardo DiCaprio is getting animated for the first time in his career. He'll make his toon debut in DreamWorks Animation's "The Guardians," voicing a twist on the Jack Frost character.

Just as DWA's "Shrek" offered a revisionist view of the fairy-tale universe, "The Guardians" reimagines five popular childhood heroes -- Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman and Jack Frost -- as members of an elite superhero squad who join forces to fight an evil spirit named Pitch (which suggests there are at least five more juicy voice parts yet to be filled).

The high-concept variation hails a forthcoming series of books by William Joyce to be called "The Guardians of Childhood." Produced by Christina Steinberg and Nancy Bernstein, toon is targeted for release on Nov. 2, 2012, and marks the feature debut of director Peter Ramsey, who helmed the DWA Halloween special "Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space."
DiCaprio set for animated feature - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
---
The Chancellor Manuscript
Quote:
Marc Forster didn't have fantastic luck with 007, but he's weaving another web of intrigue by signing up for the Robert Ludlum political thrilla The Chancellor Manuscript. Variety indicates that Paramount paid $4 million back in 2005 to acquire the title, which is a boatload of cash for book rights. It will be co-produced by Leonardo DiCaprio, who is also in line to star.

The script is on its third draft, and sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing. In general, you want fewer writers involved or at least fewer stages of the writing. Right now it's in the hands of Patrick O'Brien, whom Variety says is also crafting the story for the next Halo game. Not the long-awaited movie that's no closer to happening than it was a few years ago, but the next video game, Halo: Reach.
Forster Directing Ludlum's 'Chancellor�Manuscript' - Get The Big Picture -
---
The Deep Blue Goodbye
Quote:
“The Deep Blue Goodbye”, an adaptation of the John D. MacDonald mystery novel series with Leonardo DiCaprio on board to star. Hit the jump to try and imagine DiCaprio doing a role that would have you leave the theater with a smile rather than just a reminder that Leonardo DiCaprio is a talented dramatic actor....

“The Deep Blue Goodbye” could finally break that streak if DiCaprio plays the role of Travis McGee, “a self-described beach bum who lives aboard 52-foot houseboat the Busted Flush and alleviates his cash-flow problems by hiring on as a ’salvage consultant.’ He recovers property for clients, taking a hefty percentage and getting into a lot of danger and romance in sun-drenched Florida.” The story is the first in a 21-volume series starring McGee and was originally published in 1964....
Leonardo DiCaprio Surfs THE DEEP BLUE GOODBYE - Collider.com

Quote:
The biggest of the batch is definitely The Deep Blue Goodbye. DiCaprio will play the book’s main character, Travis McGee, a ‘beach bum’ who lives on his 52-foot houseboat in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He calls himself a salvage consultant. He’s not a licensed investigator but is employed by people who have been taken advantage of and wrongly lost their property. McGee gets back their valuables and charges his client half of the item’s worth. The Deep Blue Goodbye is the first of a 21-volume series about McGee.

The Deep Blue Goodbye really sounds like it could be a winner. Although I haven’t read the book, a little research into the series reveals a colorful character with an intriguing story. DiCaprio led me to read Dennis Lehane’s Shutter Island, which I’m currently thoroughly enjoying, and now has tempted me to make The Deep Blue Goodbye next on my list.
Leonardo DiCaprio Set To Star In The Deep Blue Goodbye
---
Brave New World
Quote:
Movie-maker Ridley Scott is reportedly working with Leonardo DiCaprio to bring Aldous Huxley's futuristic novel Brave New World to the big screen.

DiCaprio will produce and possibly star in the film, while Scott will also produce with an eye to direct, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

DiCaprio would most likely play the main character of the book, lower-caste member Bernard, THR reports. Set in the future, Brave New World is about a seemingly perfect society where family is outlawed and each citizen's role is defined by what caste they fall under.
Leonardo DiCaprio Takes On 'Brave New World'
---
Aqua Man
Quote:
Warner Bros. is currently developing an adaptation of DC Comics character Aquaman, a superhero who has the ability to live under water and communicate with sea creatures. The Hollywood Reporter claimed that the studio is taking pitches on the underwater-breathing hero project to be produced by Leonardo DiCaprio and his production company Appian Way shingle.

The involvement of Leonardo DiCaprio's production company reportedly has made the new film project slowly taking shape. The plan to make a big screen version of "Aquaman" itself was said as one of the studio's ideas in its effort to compete with Marvel's success, while trying to build on its own triumph with "The Dark Knight".

....and once was used as part of the plot of the HBO television series "Entourage". The superhero film project is planned for 2012 release.
Big Screen Version of 'Aquaman' in Active Development
---
Twilight Zone
Quote:
Duo hire writer to adapt classic TV series
By DAVE MCNARY

Warner Bros. and Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way are moving ahead on a "Twilight Zone" movie, hiring Rand Ravich to pen a script based on the iconic TV series, which melded fantasy, science-fiction and horror elements.

Studio first set up the project with the Warner-based shingle a year ago
WB, DiCaprio in 'Zone' with Ravich - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
---
Blink
Quote:
A nonfiction tome about how people make split-second decisions? ...But Leonardo DiCaprio optioned movie rights to the book years ago, Syriana writer and director Stephen Gaghan signed on to write and direct it, and now it seems that Al Pacino will be taking the starring role....

This is all according to THR's Risky Business Blog, which says that Pacino will play a New York financier, and a star with "tween appeal" will play his son, who realizes he's good at making those split-second decisions that Gladwell addresses in the book. How will this be turned into an actual movie plot? Pacino's character will use his gifted son to make extra money on Wall Street, and presumably in the end, all of them will learn a lesson....

....Plus, let's talk about that tween appeal! Is it Robert Pattinson? Zac Efron? That other kid from High School Musical?
Al Pacino Blinks
---
The Low Dweller
Quote:
....DiCaprio and Ridley Scott, who are both producing the movie.

DiCaprio isn’t yet attached to star in The Low Dweller, about an ex-con who is haunted by a mysterious figure from his past, but we’d be surprised if he didn’t sign on to star at some point....
DiCaprio's Low Dweller Finds A Director
---
'Rounders' of the Online World
Quote:
Hold onto your seats, Rounders fans -- it looks like round two is about to descend. Now, I'm not talking about a sequel, even though we'd all love more screen-time with the poker movie's killer cast, but rather a new gambling feature from Rounders scribes Brian Koppelman and David Levien. The Hollywood Reporter posts that Paramount has picked up the writers' latest pitch, and Leonardo DiCaprio (who is also starring in the pair's Beat the Reaper) will grab the lead.
Leonardo DiCaprio Gambles for the 'Rounders' of the Online World - Cinematical
---

Nicky
Old 02-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't worry, this week I think I'm going to change this OP

Leo's in Miami...

Nicky

Last edited by nicky83; 02-01-2013 at 02:52 PM
Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

I thought he was in Miami last week

wow Mel Gibson's Viking project is still in the OP?

Yeah I'd say we're in need of an update
-Safe
Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We need a new OP

Nicky
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

I think the daily news banner is fine to keep
-Safe
Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that's perfect

Nicky
Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The Daily News Banner is awesome!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SPOTTED! Where Leonardo DiCaprio, Maria Menounos, Jude Law and Other Stars Were Seen This Week | In Touch Weekly

Quote:
MIAMI:
Leonardo DiCaprio spent his evening dining at the Delano hotel’s restaurant Bianca and then took his big group out to the FDR club. He had a very special date with him for the night’s festivities— his mom!

Nicky
Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Aw, how sweet!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay.. gossip:
Quote:
It was an A+-list weekend as Leonardo DiCaprio, Bradley Cooper, Gerard Butler, Mel Gibson, Jonah Hill and Lukas Haas were all seen having dinner Friday night on the terrace at Bianca at the Delano. After dinner, they were all seen heading downstairs to FDR where they requested a hip hop soundtrack. About Mel Gibson, our spy said, “He looks like an accordion. All that money and no Botox!”

DiCaprio was also seen on Friday afternoon with Hill “bonding,” says our spy, over the street art at Wynwood Walls.

Nicky
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Don't you just love gossip?

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, not when they're false
They're still talking about Margot, even if they already denied evrything and they never saw they together off set.. not alone...

Nicky
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The rumors that sometimes get spread around.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Like they did 3 years ago, when they said that he was dating Anne V.. and it wasn't true.. they were all together on holiday (when he had a break from Inception set) and it was full of model and male friends.. but they only know the neame of Anne, so they wrote he was dating her.. even if they were never sitting next to each other And a few moth after that, she was dating Adam Levine.. for real

Nicky
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

It's hard to take much seriously these days!

{taek su mi sun}