Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

bear with me a moment, but I'll try not to make this lengthy:

I have issues with THG because I don't like that they made it convenient to root for and against certain district members. I know the story establishes that some districts choose and prime some kids to be ready for the Games so they'll volunteer, but that's still just a convenience so that the audience can swallow the subject matter easier. It could've been a more powerful morality tale if Katniss had to go up against nothing but good kids, or maybe just have one or two main bad ones in the Games, and had needed to make kills for more than just defense or vengeful purposes. And also, the whole rule-switching at the end... I'm not sure if that's in the book, but for a movie, that is a terribly weak device to pull.

Anyway, for those who like it, I have nothing against them, but for me and my sister, who had to read it for her 9th grade Language Arts class, we both thought it was bad...

However, whatever happens to Johanna sounds pretty interesting and maybe it'll make for at least one very interesting character in the whole HG universe.

That definitely sucked. So many of her friends made it there, but not any of the SP ones I'd really like to know what the girls, and even Zack, think about her role and the movie in general now that she's had post-Sucker Punch experience, if you know what I mean. It seems to me like Spring Breakers is 300 in reverse (that's what they said about SP but I think it pertains to SB more ) and it might just blow up at the box office for the same reasons 300 did.

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can see how you wouldn't like it for that reason.

I don't think a lot of them are even in LA right now. Last I heard Jamie was at SXSW.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like THG, but I hated the last book and I won't be as excited for thoes movies as the first two. I hate how she kind of gave Katniss a ' way out' in that final battle, like she didn't have to fight or kill to the core like it had all been set up to be since the beginning. Not that I'm for killing, but that entire aspect of these tributes is a huge thing and it just felt 'shortsighted' towards the end.

----

A catchup would be nice!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 03-18-2013, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The last book was by far my least favourite.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we get another catch up. At least with them releasing more movies we have a higher chance of a catch up that we get to witness.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

That sucks when the closing chapter is the one that's liked the least. Other than The Godfather Part 3, the one that gets crapped on the most is Spider-Man 3. I'll probably change my mind if I ever rewatch it, but that movie was my very first IMAX experience, so to me no matter what was in it, it was AWESOME!

speaking of SXSW, Abbie tweeted about getting her followers to vote for one of her rapper friends who performed there, so I tweeted:

Quote:
#boldstage @sethsentry because @_abbiecornish told me so and I always listen to Sweet Pea
and then she favorited it!!

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't seen either of those.

Aw that's awesome!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aw, that is awesome O.B!

I love that even though Abbie isn't in Aus mos tof the year, she still supports Aus music. Especially Aus hip hop. It's very cool and unexpected.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

thanks

I'm sure she's made plenty of rapper friends, being a rapper herself, which is a fact I still can't process but I absolutely love!!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know! It's so unexpected that someone who looks so level headed and together like Abbie would be a rapper.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

She's a rapper?! I can't believe I didn't know that.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You didn't?

She also does graffiti art!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I learned something new again!

Old 03-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's so unexpected that she'd do stuff like that.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

I'm about to go to sleep so I don't have time, but I should put up a video so you can watch it, Gladys. It's a Jimmy Kimmel interview with Abbie where she was revealing all this stuff about herself, and since it's pretty crazy unexpected, he was all like "WHO ARE YOU!!"

switching gears a bit, I'm wondering is imdb correct in saying that Emily Browning is in "The Host"? I haven't seen her in any of the previews, and I haven't gone to her fansites to confirm or not, but do you guys know? maybe she just does a voice? I'm curious because if she is, then she'd be my sole reason to watch it.

ETA:

I went ahead and found it the YT link is gone, but an Abbie fansite has it

Part 1

Part 2

she's so awesome! and it's cool that she mentions she'd just finished shooting a movie, which obviously she's talking about Sucker Punch

Last edited by obthavariable; 03-26-2013 at 08:17 PM
Old 03-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm fairly certain that Emily's involvement in the movie was meant to be kept a secret, but someone from the cast leaked it. So that's why she's not in any promos. I think she might only just be a voiceover.