HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3
SPOILERS AND SPECULATION THREAD

That's right folks, it's HSM3 Time! Contracts are being signed,
scripts are being mass produced, casting calls are opening up
and Disney is ready for March!

What do we know?
Well, since this is only the beginning - this is what we know for sure:
  • The third installment of the franchise will center around Prom & Graduation
  • Filming to start May 3 (Utah Film Commission)
  • Big Screen Premiere in October 2008 (rumored to be in SLC)
  • Three new cast members have been added - Matt Prokop, Jemma McKenzie-Brown, & Justin Martin (WD Press Release)

I know, big list, big list.

• More Gabriella
  • Troy & Taylor Scene
  • Ryan & Gabriella Duet
  • More Darbus
  • The Infamous Boltbus Duet
  • Sharpay & Taylor, and Sharpay & Gabriella Face Off Duets

As always, this is just a beginning - so watch out for these opening posts to change - a lot.

From Variety: 'Musical' kids return for 'Senior Year'

Quote:
'Musical' kids return for 'Senior Year'
Musical to debut in theaters on Oct. 24
By MARC GRASERThe cast of Disney Channel's "High School Musical" franchise has agreed to enroll in a third outing of the runaway hit that Walt Disney Pictures will bow in theaters Oct. 24.
Set to return for "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" are Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu and Monique Coleman.

Project had already been in the works as a theatrical release after the second TV movie attracted a record-breaking audience for Disney Channel.

And much of the cast was expected to return for the pic that starts lensing in the spring. But questions remained whether Disney would offer up big enough paydays to bring back its stars, especially Efron, after the TV movies became an instant phenom and put them on the map, drumming up offers for pics at the major studios, as a result.

Efron is currently lensing the comedy "Seventeen" for New Line and is signed to star in a redo of "Footloose" at Paramount.

Kenny Ortega will direct "HSM3" from a script by Peter Barsocchini. Both helmed and penned the first two TV movies. Bill Borden, Barry Rosenbush and Don Schain will produce.

Pic will revolve around seniors Troy (Efron) and Gabriella (Hudgens) facing the prospect of being separated from one another as they head off in different directions to college. Joined by the rest of the Wildcats, they stage an elaborate spring musical reflecting their experiences, hopes and fears about their future.

Last summer, 18.2 million viewers tuned into "High School Musical 2," making it the largest audience for a basic-cable telecast. Its soundtrack was the No. 2 album of 2007 in the U.S. selling 6.5 million units. Disney Channel says first "HSM" has been seen by 250 million viewers worldwide since it bowed in 2006.

From Access Hollywood

Quote:
Good news Wildcats fans — the major stars of “High School Musical” will be back for the third installment of the popular Disney Channel movie series, and this time they are heading to the big screen.

After weeks of speculation, Disney formally announced today that Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu and Monique Coleman will be filming the new installment, “High School Musical 3: Senior Year,” this spring.

Kenny Ortega will direct the film based on a screenplay by Peter Barsocchini, who wrote the scripts for "HSM1" and "HSM2."

“We’re thrilled to have all of the talented cast members who helped to make ‘High School Musical’ such an incredible phenomenon joining us for this big screen motion picture event,” Oren Aviv, president, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production said in a statement.

In addition to announcing their box office move, Disney let slip some news about the plot – Troy (Efron) and Gabrielle (Hudgens) face the prospect of being separated from each other as they go off in different directions to college.

Once again, the group will be staging a musical within a musical, and it will be full of revved up dance numbers according to Disney.

From People: It's Official: Cast Returns for High School Musical 3

Quote:
All six of the High School Musical stars have officially signed on for High School Musical 3: Senior Year, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Productions announced Monday.

Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, Corbin Bleu, Monique Coleman and Lucas Grabeel will star in the third and final installment, a feature film. The first two movies aired to a record number of viewers on The Disney Channel.

Director Kenny Ortega tells PEOPLE he's excited about working one last time with the cast, a group of virtually unknown actors before the first HSM movie's January 2006 debut.

"I am the luckiest guy in the world and I know it," Ortega says. "This will be our last time together and I love working with these kids so much. It's going to be great."

Tisdale, who will reprise her role as school diva Sharpay, says she looks forward to returning to East High set in Utah one last time.

"I'm excited," Tisdale tells PEOPLE. "But it's going to be sad. It seems like it will be graduation and I'll be crying while we're filming."

According to the studio, HSM 3: Senior Year finds high school seniors Troy [Efron] and Gabriella [Hudgens] facing the prospect of being separated from one another as they head off in different directions to college. Joined by the rest of the Wildcat crew, they stage an elaborate spring musical reflecting their experiences, hopes and fears about their future.

Quote:
Disney's "High School Musical" phenomenon leaps onto the big screen in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," which finds Troy (Zac Efron) and Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens) facing the prospect of being separated from one another as they head off in different directions to college. Joined by the rest of the Wildcats, they stage an elaborate Spring Musical reflecting their experiences, hopes, and fears about their future. With incredible new music and dance numbers designed to take maximum advantage of the big screen, this motion picture extravaganza delivers plenty of high-energy entertainment from East High's talented ensemble. "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" will be released only in theaters in Fall, 2008.
Source

Quote:
Meet Jimmie & Tiana HERE
Also remember the spoiler rules!

Last edited by Fearlessღ; 04-22-2008 at 10:50 AM
Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

New thread! Thanks for opening Tugba!

And my title (though it was probably used because it was the only one offered )!

Agent 801 rules!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

pretty much, yep

beautiful creatures
Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

and you wouldn't believe what Agent 801 is doing at this very minute... totally in spy mode
Old 04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Agent 801!

beautiful creatures
Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Ooh, Chay has now peaked my interest with that comment. Must remember to check the blog on the sly after my lunch break is over.

Go, Agent 801, go!

^Is it appropriate to cheer on what is essentially stalking/spying?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelMel (View Post)
Ooh, Chay has now peaked my interest with that comment. Must remember to check the blog on the sly after my lunch break is over.

Go, Agent 801, go!

^Is it appropriate to cheer on what is essentially stalking/spying?
you can wait for awhile - things are still happening..

commuication is on "stand by"....
Old 04-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

De-briefing before 23:59, you think?

Hehe, I love all this spytalk!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

receive latest communication...

no top 10 wildcats in sight but spotted wildcats nevertheless...

repeat...

new wildcats sighting!

Last edited by chay; 04-22-2008 at 12:26 PM
Old 04-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the news, Chay!!!!
Tell your Agent we all love her here!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Addicted Fan

wohooo Agent 801 Rules

Icon - Marilyn(CHAD_Major)

"Vanessa and I are happy together. That's all that counts"
Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Passionate Fan

What does the 801 stand for?
It's written in the stars.

Zac & VanessaTVXQ/DBSK
Icon: sarangserenade & yumeyana @LJ
Old 04-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evelyim123 (View Post)
What does the 801 stand for?
SLC area code
Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

So sneaky
Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

w00t! i love this time when there are new things to uncover yeaaah!<3

32.7 Miles♥♡♥♡♥LZVE
fierce ZV icon by me
600 threads & counting!
TOTALLY a member of the "I'd go gay for V club"!