Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Candy (Spring Breakers S&S) #1 ~ "It's an indie film. It's a college spring break movie with a bit of violence involved"

Welcome To The
Spring Breakers
Spoilers & Speculation Thread

Cast
Vanessa Hudgens - Candy
Selena Gomez - Faith
Ashley Benson - Brit
Rachel Korine - Cotty
Heather Morris
James Franco

Harmony Korine - Director

Brit, Candy, Cotty, and Faith have been best friends since grade school. They live together in a boring college dorm and are hungry for adventure.
All they have to do is save enough money for spring break to get their shot at having some real fun. A serendipitous encounter with rapper "Alien"
promises to provide the girls with all the thrill and excitement they could hope for. With the encouragement of their new friend, it soon becomes unclear
how far the girls are willing to go to experience a spring break they will never forget.

----
Harmony Korine has set his next project with "Spring Breakers," the story of four college girls who rob a restaurant to pay for their trip to the beach, with James Franco attached and Emma Roberts, Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez in talks to star.

Should Hudgens and Gomez's deals close, the risque, avant garde material for which Korine is known would be a change of pace from the safe Disney Channel fare that launched them to stardom. It'll also be a dark turn for Franco, who's coming off Disney's "Oz: The Great and Powerful."

Korine, whose previous pic was "Trash Humpers," is best known for penning Larry Clark's "Kids," as well as writing and directing "Gummo" and "Mister Lonely." He will write and helm "Spring Breakers."

Roberts would play a Southerner who feeds off danger, while Gomez would play a religious girl. The rest of the group would include Hudgens. Franco will co-star as a drug and arms dealer who bails them out of jail.

MJZ prexy David Zander will produce with Chris Hanley of Muse Prods., as well as Charles-Marie Anthonioz ("Trash Humpers") and Jordan Gertner. Production will take place during spring break in Florida.

Franco, who most recently toplined "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," will soon be seen in a trio of indies -- "Maladies" with Catherine Keener, "The Stare" with Winona Ryder and "Cherry" with Heather Graham. Franco, who's currently prepping several passion projects as a multi-hyphenate, is also expected to co-star in Seth Rogen's directorial debut "The Apocalypse."

Roberts, who's coming off a starring turn in "Scream 4," recently wrapped a supporting role in Lee Toland Krieger's indie dramedy "Celeste and Jesse Forever."

Hudgens, who recently starred in "Sucker Punch" and "Beastly," is currently filming the serial killer thriller "Frozen Ground" with John Cusack and Nicolas Cage. Thesp next stars in New Line's "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" and Ron Krauss' indie "Gimme Shelter."

Coming off "Monte Carlo," Gomez is attached to star in "Hot Mess" and will soon be seen in Disney's "The Muppets."

CAA packaged the project and will rep its domestic distribution rights, as the powerhouse agency reps Korine, Franco, Roberts, Hudgens and Gomez. Franco, Roberts, Hudgens and Gomez are respectively managed by Miles Levy of James/Levy Management, David Sweeney of Sweeney Entertainment, Evan Hainey of Untitled Entertainment and Mandy Teefey of LH7 Management. Hudgens and Gomez are also repped by attorneys Stephen Espinoza and PJ Shapiro, respectively.

Starlets join James Franco in 'Spring Breakers' - Entertainment News, EXCLUSIVE, Media - Variety
EXCLUSIVE: This high profile indie written and directed by Harmony Korine now sounds even more like the ultimate dream project targeted to tween/teen gals and guys. Already cast are Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens and now Deadline has learned Pretty Little Liars co-star Ashley Benson just booked a role. But two weeks ago Emma Roberts fell out of the movie. So with a February 12 starting date in Florida, Spring Breakers is still looking for its fourth girl. Starring James Franco, the logline describes the pic as four gorgeous college-age girls rob a fast food restaurant in order to afford a spring break trip to Florida. When they’re arrested, they meet up with a drug and arms dealer (Franco) who entices them to kill his arch rival.
'Pretty Little Liars' Ashley Benson Cast In 'Spring Breakers' - Deadline.com

----

Supporters
hollywood1985
Zac Efron's # 1 fan
vlbarnett
CHAD_Major
Miss Fate
Zanessa91
Less Than Perfect
go sox
Pini
Elif_ZV
minixoxmya
obthavariable
JustღBreathe
breakingfree88
misskristen
lovestonedx3
CarolineS
breathe you in
coinoperated_girl
Something Special
Kalaniakea
Mia_Montez
cookie~monster
Amaranthe
George_93
Thunderstorm

Previous Threads

Kristen // icon

Last edited by misskristen; 03-02-2012 at 06:32 PM
Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Can i be added?
Thanks for the thread
Old 02-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome thanks for the new thread. Can I Please be added ?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 PM
New Fan

Does anybody know the production address for the movie "Spring Breakers"? I've been everywhere trying to find out, I want to try to get Vanessa's autograph
Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!

I can't wait to for some tweets or even pictures
Marilyn
Old 02-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread!

Add me please?

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Yay for the new SB thread! Add me too please?

Patry
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread Kristen!

Add me?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

A new charity auction is giving one fan the chance to spend a day on the set of ‘Spring Breakers’ in Florida

Did our Vanessa fans see this??
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Nice to have an SB thread!
I posted it on Feb. 24 on the News Thread.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish I could do that!!!

Thanks for the thread, can I be added please
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

ASHLEY!!!!!!!!

So glad it's starting to film soon.

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I be added?
Icon By Me
Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the thread! I'd be happy to be added to the list too