Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabiiVFanForeva (View Post)
Ohhhhh read this Thanks to @TheHudgensNews
yes...i saw this yesterday actually. And its so coo. It really has nothing to do with V and it prob would mean nothing about her getting an invite. But its so cool that there at least one nod for it. The music should have gotten a nod as well, but I'm glad that visuals did. At least they can be proud of that. They should be.

Still offends me so much that because it was a female centric cast, Zac was made to 'slice' it differently, therefore changing his story and pissing off every critic out there. If he could have told his story the way he wanted to, the turnout would have been so different. ugh...I try not to think about it too often.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

I'm still hoping for more nominations since the ballots are still going out for consideration. In my perfect world, it'd get every award possible, but realistically I'm hoping they give the credit it deserves at least in the sound department (effects and editing), art direction, costumes, makeup, and hopefully even film editing since it did the transitions so well and the action was so well done and easy to follow.

I think he did end up with the story he wanted, just not with the same elements he originally had planned, and I'm not sure having those things would have improved the reaction. Certainly would have improved how clearly it came across to people, but it still would have been as polarizing, divisive, and "offensive," and maybe even more so, with the extra violence and harsh material. So instead of having negative reactions due to either being confused, disappointed, or offended, they would have all been offended reactions because they would have seen clearly what it was about and would have rejected it even more strongly simply because it happens to upset their comfort level and challenges them more than they like. And maybe for being too on the nose, I might not have ended up liking it quite as much cuz I just love that it has so much you can discover and theorize on your own without being told what to think.

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 12-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So happy that Sucker Punch is getting some credit for something!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that Karen!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 12-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Definitely!

Emily
Old 12-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

I'm trying to think if I should not boycott the Oscars and all award shows if it at least gets nominated or if only if it wins something. If they don't give it credit in any category, I will definitely boycott them for the rest of my life, even if I make movies.

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obthavariable (View Post)
I'm still hoping for more nominations since the ballots are still going out for consideration. In my perfect world, it'd get every award possible, but realistically I'm hoping they give the credit it deserves at least in the sound department (effects and editing), art direction, costumes, makeup, and hopefully even film editing since it did the transitions so well and the action was so well done and easy to follow.

I think he did end up with the story he wanted, just not with the same elements he originally had planned, and I'm not sure having those things would have improved the reaction. Certainly would have improved how clearly it came across to people, but it still would have been as polarizing, divisive, and "offensive," and maybe even more so, with the extra violence and harsh material. So instead of having negative reactions due to either being confused, disappointed, or offended, they would have all been offended reactions because they would have seen clearly what it was about and would have rejected it even more strongly simply because it happens to upset their comfort level and challenges them more than they like. And maybe for being too on the nose, I might not have ended up liking it quite as much cuz I just love that it has so much you can discover and theorize on your own without being told what to think.

really? i don't think he did but he's got too much class to say that. He knows who pays his bills, but his idea was much more graphic and detailed. Having to cut things due to rating, was really disturbing for him imo.

It doesn't matter anyways, he proved that he's an original writer, who does things that are so complex that people who hate him can suck it!! I still loved it and his warped mind can jump in my brain anytime!!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Well I'm glad it ended up the way it did because even with so much slicing, it still means so much to me. I think if it was harsher and more clear-cut like he intended, right now I'd just be calling the movie a crazy freaky awesome ride that I love similarly to Kick-Ass and A Clockwork Orange. But instead I'm talking about it being the love of my life, and it's all because the message comes across better without being so direct and brutal. I love brutal violence, I'll admit, but the message means a whole lot more.

Tell em Haters can rot if they can't comprehend his genius.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We're in need of titles here.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Same here.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

"[An] Ambitious movie that earns kudos for daring to actually be about something relevant and interesting."
"To quote that standard-bearer for macho male fantasy, there is more to this film than meets the eye."
"Our nation's critics and audience members couldn't see past the very tools that Snyder was mocking [...] to see what was a borderline art film."
"If we can't appreciate a flawed but fascinating film like Sucker Punch, then we don't deserve any ideas at all in our pop entertainment."

Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Nothing but Mendelson quotes

I noticed that not all of the titles that have already been used have been eliminated, so I'm not sure if this one has been used:

"She is going to kick some butt in that movie, I will tell you that. Not naked butt, just normal." I'm always remembering that quote randomly every so often.

If it has been used, I vote for the first of Gladys's suggestions.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't believe that one has been used.

Wanna help kill this one? - you can open if you want!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Oh, if only I wasn't on my iPod! It'd take forever, it's very tricky, and I gotta go to bed for work tomorrow.

If you don't mind that I do it in the morning, then wait till I do it, or else go for it.

We should eliminate titles we've already used from the list of possible titles

Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's alright, I'll get it.

We usually do, but sometimes people have forgotten to do it.

new thread

Last edited by Full Hearts; 12-12-2011 at 09:34 PM