Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

That's what I thought. It's gonna be intersting to see how they will resolve this storyline, there is a lot of potential, that's for sure.

Why isn't it January yet?
Old 07-08-2007, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Indeed, all this waiting!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
heartbreaking, but pretty good writing, I think.

it could make a satisfying ending, but she needs a moment with Bill beforehand
I think that Laura would die no matter what my mind is screaming. I don't want her to die and I would most probably be crying my eyes out when I watch it. *sniff* This is what I want to happen in the show. Yeah, me and my wishful thinking.

Major shippy A/R moment here.

Laura is aboard the observation deck in Galactica with Bill. They have found Earth and Laura is marvelling at how beautiful it is, sitting with Bill holding her like the Unfinished Business shot where Bill has his arms around Laura. They are reaching the planet, reaching life. A brand new day. Brand new hope for the people. They talk but they don't have to talk about their love. They know that the love, the respect that they share. They don't have to say it aloud. They just know. And she muses about what they'll do when they settle. She tells him about the cabin and wonders if it would ever get built.

He assures her that it would because he would be the one building it for her. She smiles and takes comfort in his arms. He continues to talk about their cabin and how he would built it for them, knowing that she most probably won't live to be there but still, he refuses to believe it. She comments occasionally and laughs at his jokes until sometime later when she doesn't say anything.

Bill holds her tighter and knows that she is gone. His tears fall and he places a kiss on her forehead, loving her so much.

Camera pans to the image of planet Earth, something Laura believed in and fought for until her last breath. She succeeds as now, the people have hope. They have life. And then the screen fades out.

The end.

That is my perfect ending should Laura die.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought I might post some of my fics here. Focusing on Laura Roslin with an AR pairing. Enjoy!

My Fics at Fanfiction.net
Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG cara that is so sad but also perfect. It reminded me of the notebook since Bill is going to build a cabin.
thanks for the fic link
Old 07-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
OMG cara that is so sad but also perfect. It reminded me of the notebook since Bill is going to build a cabin.
thanks for the fic link
You're welcome. And I know that it is sad. Talk about overactive imagination. But if she dies, that would be so perfect. To have everyone know of their love.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelapples (View Post)
You're welcome. And I know that it is sad. Talk about overactive imagination. But if she dies, that would be so perfect. To have everyone know of their love.
OMG what are you doing to me with that summary! Now I am crying!
That is such a beautiful and sad ending.

I'll have to check out the fics sometime, when I am prepared to cry
Old 07-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
having an overactive imagination is in no way terrible
Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
OMG what are you doing to me with that summary! Now I am crying!
That is such a beautiful and sad ending.

I'll have to check out the fics sometime, when I am prepared to cry
Most fics I write have a happy ending.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
having an overactive imagination is in no way terrible
I have to agree with you. FANFICTION yay!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I have to agree with you. FANFICTION yay!
most of the time fan fic is better than the show...or at least when a show is majorly disappointing.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Most fics I write have a happy ending.
Ok, good to know

Quote:
most of the time fan fic is better than the show...or at least when a show is majorly disappointing.
_
Very true. **coughroswellcough**
Old 07-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I totally agree with you on this! Most of the time, the writers do something for the sake of ratings and with that, the quality is spoiled. I am glad however, that the writers of Battlestar Galactica decided to stick with their story and all the writing instead of writing cheaper stuff just to score with the viewers.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Very true. **coughroswellcough**
the worst ever

Quote:
I totally agree with you on this! Most of the time, the writers do something for the sake of ratings and with that, the quality is spoiled. I am glad however, that the writers of Battlestar Galactica decided to stick with their story and all the writing instead of writing cheaper stuff just to score with the viewers.
yea, I can never trust writers but BSG has not disappointed (yet) and I hope they never do
Old 07-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
the worst ever

yea, I can never trust writers but BSG has not disappointed (yet) and I hope they never do
Me too. But it'll be the last season so I really, really hope for a good ending and not ruin things for us.