Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Addicted Fan

I've never really hoped that a character would turn out to be a Cylon like this before. Sure, I've hade my "he must be a Cylon!"-type moments but I've never hoped for it before. It's very strange to be crossing my fingers going "Kara's a Cylon, Kara's a Cylon...".
Old 03-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Raoaild, I agree
After all this time...
This can't be the last of Kara.

I jumped when Adama threw his model ship.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Rachel, I agree, she's gonna be back. She just can't be dead. I refuse to believe it.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

OMG, I so have to watch the ep tonight....
Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, you definitely do. It was amazing.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

I refuse to believe she's dead, she can't be

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

I just finished the ep and I'm in frakking tears. I knew it was coming but FRAK.

I have no idea if she's dead or not. The several references to the miniseries make me think yes, but then her destiny wasn't to die like that, for nothing. Or to what, set Lee free? It can't be just for that.

The whole time Lee tried to persuade her he trusted her, I kept thinking that Lee was doing the same thing to Kara that she had done to Zak. He didn't want to ground her because he thought that would destroy her completely. He let his feelings for her compromise his judgement...

I honestly can't quite believe she's dead. It would've been for nothing.

ETA: It's like they gave closure to Lee/Kara's relationship but not to Kara, as a character.

Last edited by SpySyd; 03-05-2007 at 10:23 AM
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

But here's the question, if she was supposed to die, why? What is so important that she must die?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryangel (View Post)
But here's the question, if she was supposed to die, why? What is so important that she must die?
That's the only thing that keeps me hoping. The fact that it seems useless might mean that she didn't die. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Or maybe the reason's still unknown but will be uncovered later...
Old 03-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpySyd (View Post)
The whole time Lee tried to persuade her he trusted her, I kept thinking that Lee was doing the same thing to Kara that she had done to Zak. He didn't want to ground her because he thought that would destroy her completely. He let his feelings for her compromise his judgement...
That is a very good point. I forgot about Zak and that history there. Nice catch.

As for the episode..well I didn't care for it that much. Just seemed a little weak. Even as far as character episodes go. With Chief and Helo's past episodes we had other characers their stories really affected other lives throughout the fleet. This just seemed all about Kara. She's just isn't my favorite character. I was also hoping for more Leoban.

I say this episode puts Kara high in the running for being a cylon. Which is why I refuse to believe that she is one. She saw the symbol in the clouds. Perhaps it was like Maggie said a wormhole or gateway to Earth. I don't think she's dead but she's not a cylon either.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's the only thing that keeps me hoping. The fact that it seems useless might mean that she didn't die. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Or maybe the reason's still unknown but will be uncovered later...
Good point

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 03-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryangel (View Post)
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't "Leoben" make some reference to her discovering what is between life and death? I remember it because it made me think of Three killing herself over and over so she could see that "there is something beautiful between life and death" or something like that. And her purpose in seeing that beautiful something was in relation to the final five right?

Could it be Kara's destiny to discover the final five?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
He most certainly did
and yes I forgot about Zak till you mentioned it.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

exactly...she's not dead. she can't be...

and after what leoben said about life between life and death...definitely leaves a person to wonder exactly what he meant by that but defintiely made me almost swear at the tv...
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't swear but I did say "No!" and my jaw dropped.

I think there was a collective sound with every viewer talking to their tv.
Like when Sydney on Alias found out she was missing for 2 years.