Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Hugh Laurie in "The Oranges" #4: Because We Can't Believe it's Fnally Been Released

Quote:
The movie is said to be a dark comedy about suburban romance, and the full roster includes Hugh Laurie, Catherine Keener, Leighton Meester, Allison Janney, Oliver Platt, Alia Shawkat, Adam Brody and Sam Rosen. The film is currently being shot in New York by director Julian Farino who, interestingly enough, has directed 23 episodes of Entourage. link
TRAILER
[/B]

The Oranges will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2011
The Oranges @ TIFF

From the Leighton board:

Quote:
Synopsis:

In the film, the Ostroff and Walling families are best friends and neighbors, living across the street from each other on Orange Drive. Prodigal daughter Nina Ostroff (Meester) returns home for Thanksgiving dinner after a five-year absence, newly broken up with her fiancé Ethan (Rosen). Rather than developing an interest in the successful son of her neighbors, Toby Walling (Brody), which would please both families, it's her parents' best friend David Walling (Laurie) that captures Nina's attention. When the romantic attraction between Nina and David Walling becomes too great to ignore, the lives of the two families are thrown into upheaval.

It is not long, however, before the ramifications of the affair begin to work on the other family members in unexpected, hilarious and even positive ways, leading everyone to reassess what it means to be happy, and how to find happiness with, and perhaps in spite of, your own family and friends.

From the Movie thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst007 (View Post)
He's clean shaven!

Quote:
The Oranges

Release Date: 2011 (imdb.com)
Studio: Olympus Pictures
Director: Julian Farino
Screenwriter: Jay Reiss, Ian Helfer
Starring: Hugh Laurie, Catherine Keener, Leighton Meester, Allison Janney, Oliver Platt, Alia Shawkat, Adam Brody, Sam Rosen
Genre: Dark Comedy
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available

Trailer:
Coming Soon!

Plot Summary: The Ostroff and Walling families are best friends and neighbors, living across the street from each other on Orange Drive. Prodigal daughter Nina Ostroff (Meester) returns home for Thanksgiving dinner after a five-year absence, newly broken up with her fiancé Ethan (Rosen). Rather than developing an interest in the successful son of her neighbors, Toby Walling (Brody), which would please both families, it's her parents' best friend David Walling (Laurie) that captures Nina's attention. When the romantic attraction between Nina and David Walling becomes too great to ignore, the lives of the two families are thrown into upheaval.

It is not long, however, before the ramifications of the affair begin to work on the other family members in unexpected, hilarious and even positive ways, leading everyone to reassess what it means to be happy, and how to find happiness with, and perhaps in spite of, your own family and friends.
source

Pics from the set and some candids

Clips from the movie!
Warning: Spoilers

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 10-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

We need a title, any suggestions? Oh and rcerione, maybe you could repost your pics here

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 10-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Supreme Fan

The oranges- promotional photos

+ PHOTOS.

http://www.cinedor.es/estrenos/la-hi...or-amigo/fotos
Old 10-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

^ Wow, those pics are amazing!!

As for a title, maybe something along the lines of: Because we can't believe it's finally been released ?

Anna♥Bates
Old 10-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Film Fiend | The Oranges | Hugh Laurie

Old 10-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awwesooome!!!!!!! I'm loving all this new stuff were'getting!

Thoes caps are

Kate I like your idea!

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

I completely understand how you can fall for this man Leighton, No worries

Icon

- Andi
Old 10-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I addded the title

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!! Also, the title is so very true

Icon

- Andi
Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I had plans all set to go BUT Seeing as how it's cold & flu season I can't go watch it in the theater I have to be careful and this makes me a bit upset cause I was all kind of excited now I'm just sad... if only the dr visit had been tomorrow icould have just said oops...

Old 11-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

Ah that sucks Kali, I hope you can watch it in another way, maybe it comes out on DVD sooner than we think.

So is it now a nationwide release? Or still just selected cinemas?

Icon

- Andi
Old 11-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its still slect... the nearest place playing it near me is a ways away, we were going to make a day of it... it's not getting any where near me until Dec 7th and even there it'll be across the bay about an hour away

How long does slect release usualy last?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm surprised it's not in theatres EVERYWHERE by now. It's been out for a month. If it doesn't, it'll be on DVD before we know it. Which is fine, but I REALLY want to see it on the big screen with my friends. *sigh* Doesn't look like it's playing ANYWHERE in Canada. Boo!!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

You are not alone Retta, I wonder if we will get an Austrian release, I doubt it since no cinema site here knows about the movie...

Icon

- Andi
Old 11-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I find it odd because here the few places that are showing it are not the bigger theatres it's the smaller ones. Hugh's not some D-lister and neither are the others in this film so why is being treated as such when it got fantastic reviews?