Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

He looks happy to get the Nom, but he dosen't seem overly excited like other times. Maybe it's because the show got snubbed and the mood on set is not a pleased one Maybe it's because he 's tired. Whatever it is there is something a little different in his reaction to it. or maybe he just didn't care for the person asking the questions

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats to Hugh!!
Quote:
He looks happy to get the Nom, but he dosen't seem overly excited like other times.
Maybe he's just assuming he'll lose again. But I do hope he wins, because he deserves it like no other!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_doc (View Post)
Emmy's will be on August 29th ... I always thought they are in the winter season with the GGs and SGAs
Really? No, Emmys always take place in August or September. Plus, we need to keep drooling in summer.

Thanks for the video, btw.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok so I did some checking and I'll see "the guy" on Sunday. I talked to his wife today and she was super surprised I didn't call yesterday So I'll get his thoughts on all the noms

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

[QUOTE=pinkpaisley;48498251]
Maybe he's just assuming he'll lose again.QUOTE]
Yes that would definitely something Hugh would think ...

Quote:
Maybe it's because the show got snubbed and the mood on set is not a pleased one Whatever it is there is something a little different in his reaction to it. or maybe he just didn't care for the person asking the questions
Oh the mood on the set, sure because now Hugh's the only one who got to drink champagne
He seems a bit off, yes, I would get board too if so many people ask me how I got the news and how I feel about it. But something is different

And and Kali, can't wait for your predictions

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 07-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's kind of sad actualy that the joy dosen't seem to be there. but it could just be someting as simple as that being his 100th time answering the question that day

I've already told the mans' wife that I'd be hunting him down so he knows to wait to talk to me before he leaves ...He was just so right on last time that i want to know if it was just a fluke or if he's on to something

Old 07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay, to Hugh getting nominated. Here's hoping he wins...finally! Btw, remember that House MD game? It still has not been released yet. It will now be released in September. It was originally supposed to be out in February. Legacy Games must be the worst gaming company ever! They've changed the dates at least 7 times.

It's kinda funny.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok so I had a lenghtly conversation with him today, here is the short version of what he had to say.

He said the fact that the show it's self didn't get a nom is very telling. That when you go from be in there constantly and then you get "snubbed" that is a sure sign that something is a miss and needs to be fixed. ( his words not mine).

He said that he was not surpeised that there was no nom for the show or any other supporting cast.. When I asked him why, he just said it was "overdone" he went on to say the fresh bite the show had was lost in the shuffle and he went off on a rant about great TV losing it's way, nit just House but a few others shows from the past and currant...so we'll just let that part go.

When I asked him why he thinks Hugh has never won he said that Hugh's chance at a win came in the fist 2 seasons and that he truly believes that if he is to ever win that it will come at the end of the series as a lovely parting gift.

He said the feeling in "the office" this year is that it will be everything Mad Men and that Lost will sneak in a win. He alos said that the fact that someone from Friday Night Lights ( a show that was paseed around and on the verge of being cancled) got a nom speaks volumes. he then went in to comparing the men that were nomnaited and said that while Hugh is a stand out, there were other that stood out more this seaon so in other words that this won't be Hugh's year either.

His feeling is that while Hugh has kicked ass as House, the ship that carried his win has sailed away because it's no longer unique, fresh and must watch.

When I stuck my tonge out at him he just laughed at me and said he'd been rooting for Hugh, but it's just not gonna happen and that he hopes that this is the year that he wil be proven wrong because Hugh Lauire is a unique talent who has earned his noms with hard decatiaded work and not just because of popularity.

I don't watch the othe other shows so I can't compare them or the actors against anything. So I'm courious as to what you all think about that.

He said alot more about feeling let down with TV these past two seasons and that if changes weren't made the only shows worth watching anymore would be on cable.

Oh he also said something about Dexter being someting as a "sleeper win", but I'm not sure what he ment by that

So yeah... I was let dowm with his thoughts again, but who knows, he could be way off... I mean his wife had a baby recent't so maybe he's been distracted and his radar is out of wack

Last season he was right on with everything so it'll be intresting to see if he can go two for two

Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Wow Kali these are some very intersting thoughts. I think your friend has a very good view of things, he also doesn't seem to be biased or favouring any shows

Quote:
When I asked him why he thinks Hugh has never won he said that Hugh's chance at a win came in the fist 2 seasons and that he truly believes that if he is to ever win that it will come at the end of the series as a lovely parting gift.
These are my thoughts exactly

Quote:
His feeling is that while Hugh has kicked ass as House, the ship that carried his win has sailed away because it's no longer unique, fresh and must watch.
Yes, they seem to be favoring either new, hot shows, or shows that ended!

Thanks for getting the inside scoop Of course he could be way off, but he has some good theories

Still, Hugh winning would be great, for Broken for example, but as I said before, his acting was already better on the show when you look at it over a whole season

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_doc (View Post)
Wow Kali these are some very intersting thoughts. I think your friend has a very good view of things, he also doesn't seem to be biased or favouring any shows
It's very intresting to listen to him talke about this stuff because he's so into it but not bouncing off the walls when he gets asked :lol; I asked him if he had a favorite show and he said no, that he watched so much stuff that it just wasn't possiable and that what he looked out for the unique & well acted. he did say that his wife favored Mad Men if that meas anything.

Quote:
Yes, they seem to be favoring either new, hot shows, or shows that ended!
That and James Spader yeah I'm still pissed about that

Quote:
Thanks for getting the inside scoop Of course he could be way off, but he has some good theories
I don't know if you can call it an inside scoop, but I'm with you his thougts are intresting

Quote:
Still, Hugh winning would be great, for Broken for example, but as I said before, his acting was already better on the show when you look at it over a whole season
I know, Hugh winning would just be the ideal because he's earned it no questions asked and I don;t think there is anyone who will arguee that point.

I don't know what will happen but I;m looking foward to going up to the guy and telling him "Eat your words" in a nice way of course

Old 07-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Like Rain (View Post)
That and James Spader yeah I'm still pissed about that
Yeah, that was definitely a

Icon

- Andi
Old 07-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Funny how after all these years we're still "bitter"for it

Old 07-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Because that was the time he deserved it most

Icon

- Andi
Old 07-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

It should count for something that we as fans still remember that

Old 07-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if Hugh remembers, I doubt it!

Icon

- Andi