Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

thanks Betty..

no way in hell any of that is true, but it was nice to read
Old 10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Somehow I don't quite think that's the role he wants to be in with Johnny.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 10-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks, Betty.

Normally, I would totally ignore this since the National Enquirer which is one of the most horrific and trashiest tabloids out there. However, they've changed in the last 12 months and gotten quite a number scandals/scoops right recently; and they do have their own sources.

So as much as I would like to totally ignore it (because it's coming from a tabloid), there is a small chance that there is some truth to it imo. Not very likely but you never know with the NE anymore.

In terms of 'would it make sense'? I actually think it does. Orlando Bloom is reportedly not returning for POTC4 and they need a new character/actor opposite Depp. I doubt the taking over for Johnny and also the reported amount but I actually can see him getting/having a part in it. And Disney owes Zac - he made them such a ****load of money with HSM and he has a strong fanbase in the family segment which is important for the financial success of POTC. Not that Disney needs Zac to make POTC successful but it doesn't hurt to have an actor in it with a fanbase like Zac.

And for Zac - it would be good. He could be part of a huge franchise, build his male fanbase (since it's an action adventure movie it does have a good share of male viewers) and at the same time he wouldn't have to carry it - that's what Johnny is in for.

As I said, I don't think it's very likely but you never know. JMHO.

ETA: I totally forgot to comment on the Leno interview yet...

Like everyone else I LOVED it.

Also, the birthday/alcohol part was brilliant. The words coming out of his mouth and what he was saying were the complete opposite. It's really genius. If some magazine is going to quote him, it's all squeeky clean but in reality he had told a completely different story. It's amazing how much a difference delivery, gestures and facial expressions make. "That's what beer tastes like" was excellently played.

He really knows how play up his charm.

Last edited by jeezbee; 10-16-2008 at 08:00 PM
Old 10-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

i agree with what you've said bee (as usual ) and think it's not that far fetched of an idea. i just also find the $$ amount interesting given that a month or so ago, that was the sum being bandied about that disney was reportedly using in order to lure zac back for hsm4.

also your take on his comedic timing is also very apt given the the comments made by the critic in the review you posted earlier!

plus who can forget about all those pranks he's famous for making to his hsm cast mates!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Now I don't know if this is true but according to one of the girls on ZF, Zac was apparently filming a Nike commercial at her brothers high school.

----------------------------------------

As for the the National Enquirer, Bee is right...they have had a bunch of stories right over the past few years. Now, they still seem to embellish their stories a lot but their basic premise has been right behind a good number of stories lately...not all I would say 2 in 10. In fact they were the ones that broke Vanessa's photo scandal originally. They made it seem like there were 50 pics when in reality there were only about 5 with only 1 being really bad and 2 being bad.

If the story with Zac being cast in PotC4 is true...then I don't know how I feel about it. It would be an amazing opportunity but he would probably just end up being a sidekick or something. I really hate movies where they decide to introduce new major characters 2 or 3 movies in that play major roles...like in Shrek 3 when the prince that Justin Timberlake voices has as many lines as as Donkey. I don't have a problem with them intoducing new characters...just don't make them as important as the already established characters. If the character is interesting and drives the plot...then OK but don't be lame about it. Jack Sparrow doesn't need a sidekick...which is what they would turn Zac into since Will is gone now.

Now another reason I don't want him to do it is because I want Zac wants to get the out of Disney. They have been very controlling over his personal life and his words. If the boy feels comfortable talking about an issue to the media then I would prefer to hear what he has to say...I don't want him holding back because Disney is worried to find out that a 21 year old might talk about an issue that a 10 year old might take the wrong way.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

just saw that too Erin.. great if he does have an endorsement deal with them, may very well be the reason he said he'd bring a pair of AF1's with him on a stranded island, seeing as the boy (as far as i've seen) has never worn them before i found that answer a bit odd.. he's worn Dunks, && athletic Nikes at the gym but for the most part he's usually rockin Vans or flip flops.. maybe they took notice of him rockin apparel to the gyms

Bee && Erin bring up good points.. it may have been brewing but i just don't see Zac wanting to stay within Disney once HSM is over && done with.. plus it's another franchise && though it's a completely other genre of movie && he'd get to play along side Johnny i don't feel like he'd take it on especially if he's wanting to branch out.. even though yes, it's an action movie, it has a whole other demographic, but it's still under Disney.. but iguess time will tell yet again..
Old 10-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's passed midnight here, so: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZAC!

I didn't know where to post this
It's real.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi0315 (View Post)
It's passed midnight here, so: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZAC!

I didn't know where to post this
there will be a thread tomorrow

beautiful creatures
Old 10-18-2008, 06:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Just quickly dropping in to say that Unscripted with the cast is out... here

There are a few bonus clips but none of Zac. He is in them though and makes smart ass comments.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks Bee

Watching now....oh the comments
Old 10-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Bee!

BIANCA! BIANCA! Our unscripted!

Molly.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Off to watch, cos Twin told me to, and I always obey

Thanks Bee
Wicked is my religion
- The Regent is my church -
Old 10-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey they asked my question! Though I'm not from Allentown, but that's okay cause I kinda forgot to put where I was from.

And we finally get to hear about Zac being at the Thunderbird premiere.

Molly.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

For those who can't watch it on moviefone I've uploaded the Unscripted video to YT:

moviefone also has an interview with Zac up. A lot seems recycled but some is newish (at least part of the quotes):

Quote:
12 Questions with Zac Efron

Zac Efron has already graduated to a feature film career with roles in 'Hairspray' and next year's 'Me and Orson Welles,' but he's heading back to class with 'High School Musical 3: Senior Year.'

The good news is that 'HSM' has grown up as well, with the third installment headed to a movie theater near you (opens Oct. 24). Moviefone dropped by the set in St. Lake City, Utah, and talked to Zac about whether he showers daily, his "extremely physical" dance with Corbin Bleu and why he usually lets Vanessa Hudgens take the lead. --Liane Bonin

1. Since this is probably the last one for you "seniors," what is the feel like on the 'High School Musical 3' set?

Yesterday, we shot the final scene of the movie. And afterwards, I was surprised at how emotional even I got. It was crazy thinking how we grew up together, all of us, in a lot of different ways. And this really feels like the final chapter. I think a few of the girls got pretty emotional.

2. But not you or Corbin Bleu?

No [laughs]. We tried to be tough.

3. It seems like the dancing routines are more rigorous this time around.

I showed up to rehearsals a few weeks late because I was working on a different project, and it was the worst mistake of my life, because I was kind of just thrown into a number of dances that were extremely difficult. I was a little bit intimidated, but after a few weeks of rehearsals, we got it down. It was tough. There were a lot of hot tubs.

4. What was intimidating about the song-and-dance numbers?

'Boys Are Back' is a new number with just me and Corbin, which feels great for this movie because we have never done anything like it before. It was extremely physical. I had to move in ways I could never imagine. Then, I have a waltz with Vanessa. I can't imagine when people did that for fun, because it's so hard. It's hard for me to dance on my own, and then in a waltz you have to kind of guide the girl. It's funny, but I feel Vanessa leading me a lot more than I lead her.

5. How is Troy's reunion with Gabriella, anyway?

Man, I dunno. That's a tough question. I'm not sure. I don't want to ruin anything.

6. How are the paparazzi in Utah?

This is the closest I've had to a vacation since filming [the first one]. The paparazzi have been nonexistent. If we want to go out and get dinner we usually aren't bothered. It's great. It's really cool. I'm really excited by that.

7. So you've been living it up, then?

This time is different. We're not minors anymore so we can work longer hours [laughs]. We haven't had much time off to do anything. I know that's disappointing for you, because that's where all the good stuff comes from.

8. Have you read any crazy rumors about what is going down on set?

I just got a funny one from my dad this morning. I assure you I showered this morning. Minutes before I got here. And I do it every day. Sometimes twice. So, that's kind of funny. But my dad was kind of like razzing me for it. So, I can't help but laugh.

9. Did filming 'High School Musical 3' feel like a real graduation in a sense?

Yeah, it did, overwhelmingly so. There is no describing how many good times we've had filming these movies. They've literally been a dream come true. So, the idea this could very well be the last time makes you kind of emotional. Here comes adulthood! You just wonder if it ever is going to be as fun.

10. What's up with the remake of 'Footloose'?

I think the script is still being worked on, but the concept is really cool. I can see the character being very fun. But, I'm not sure that would be the very next thing I do. I want to do a movie without singing.

11. There's a prom scene in this movie. Any resemblance to your own prom?

Man, my prom was nothing like this. It's funny, but I had never seen a waltz before I showed up here, and what I thought a waltz was was completely wrong. It is definitely not like my high school prom. It's a little bit more grand. It's kind of a fantasy, too. There's kind of a twist. You'll see.

12. Is there any part of your high school experience that you bring to playing Troy?

That's one of the fun things about playing him. I've been in a lot of the positions he's been in and have had to make the decisions he's had to make. For me, it wasn't necessarily a question of deciding between basketball or singing and performing. For me, it was between going to college or this, performing. But I followed my path, and I think that parallels what Troy is doing ... [And] just awkward moments with girls in general. You can't help it. You have to put some of your own into that.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all that Bee!

Molly.