Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2014, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

this interview is awesome! Time for E-news RC for the Grammys. Probably won't see Zac, but you never know?

icon by Shey
Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Zac's official website is up and running

Zac Efron

Shelle
Old 01-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

thanks for posting, it looks great.
It looks like Ride Along might be the really big competition this weekend. It still pulled over $21 million in it's second week up to about $75,mil and is projected to reach over 100 mil in next two weeks. The other romantic drama opening is also getting a lot of promo, but I think it's a little different audience. Not sure how much the Superbowl will hurt them? I guess we'll see how many Americans go to movies on SB Sunday!

icon by Shey

Last edited by KateB; 01-27-2014 at 04:43 PM
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh... the website... it's just like, a compilation of social media posts... interesting.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what I was expecting from his site but that wasn't it I like it don't get me wrong but I thought it was going to be something a bit more special

Anyway moving on, Zac's interview with Grimmers from BBC Radio 1 breakfast this morning

BBC Radio 1 - The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw, Zac Efron chats to Grimmy

Starts at at about 1:43.

Shelle
Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I'm pretty underwhelmed, tbh.

The appearances are rolling in!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

I was actually overwhelmed by it.. there's so much content on there! ..and I am actually happy they did it like this -- connecting all the things Zac wants to share in one place.

“when your happiness is someone else's happiness, that is love” ~ LDR
Old 01-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

sad to see Zac on this list ...but they see hope for Neighbors. I don't put him in the same category as Shia as ffar as career failures?
12 Movie Stars whose Careers Are in the Hot Seat: Shia LaBeouf, Zac Efron, Chris Pine

icon by Shey
Old 01-30-2014, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think that's a necessarily unjustified thing to attach to him. We love Zac, and we know he's got it, but face facts - he really hasn't had a huge 'hit' nor a 'AMAZING performance!!!!!' movie in his 'contemporary' life as an actor. He's had overall positive reviews but not those out of this world wow he was so incredible give him an Oscar reviews. I think 2014 IS important for him in terms of keeping his relevance.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

Personally, I totally and respectfully disagree..! I would have to say that it totally depends on which standard & criteria people put on Zac and his work. -- IF the main objective is JUST to just have him measured in sale revenue and fan/media hysteria he is still doing exceptionally well..!

IMHO I would just say that I find it smart of him as an artist to have wanted to develop and dared to take on multi-layered work & to work on valid stories w interesting ppl/directors instead of just taking the easy way. He is a businessman too that is working on creating a solid company that seems brilliant at quality investments. -- and IF people can't see this I don't for a second believe these people were into him for his work. Also, he seems financially stable enough to be able to do what HE wants with his art. He doesn't HAVE to pick projects just to pay the rent & eat (what a gift to him!) -- the movies that have come out is what he had interest in & they all turned out awesome IMO. I don't get why other people put this pressure on him -- it's like telling Da Vinci that 'propeller thingie' won't amount to much.. Well, guess who wins in the end.

“when your happiness is someone else's happiness, that is love” ~ LDR
Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

Ooooh goodness. I don't personally care what list he ends up on. Those are personal opinion like saying Jennifer Lawrence's dress is prettier than Katy Perry's.... means nothing. But I definitely hope Zac never EVER sacrifices his integrity nor character to take a block buster role in order to stay "relevant" as you say. He is on the proper course that is best for him and at this point is in no danger of being black-balled in Hollywood to never be seen or heard from again. He will always work, even if it becomes less often in the coming years and even if his 'box office' draw diminishes. He has said he is doing what he loves and wants to continue but he likely realizes being a smash hit doesnt last forever and longevity is his goal, not bringing in a huge revenue. That's my take on it!

"Don't follow your dreams, chase them"

Last edited by Define Obsession; 01-30-2014 at 02:58 AM
Old 01-30-2014, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I should clarify. I feel you've not understood how I took the article - this is what happens when I try to sneaky post quickly at work!

I only mean in the context of that particular article, which was referring to "A List" - so the standard and criteria is all about what "Hollywood" deems as being relevant. Not about actual absolute talent. There are actors who would be considered "A List" who in my opinion are shocking actors! Just the other night my housemates were having a lengthy conversation about what an awful actor Tom Cruise is A List as a term or category is very subjective, and who is considered to be A List now would be different to ten years ago. Young Hollywood has really emerged, for example. I don't necessarily agree with the 'criteria' that makes A List, and god knows that I have absolutely no understanding as to what makes a movie magically become a 'blockbuster'. That's why I really don't care about these lists and things. Hottest suit, best dressed, worst dressed, polls with Zac versus whoever... it's all so irrelevant to me. I don't think 2014 is relevant to his career, as a longer whole, or his ability to act, or his ability to land great roles - when I say 2014 is important for relevance I'm referring specifically to the context of the article posted and this "A List" stamp which in itself I think very little of! Idk if I'm making sense...
Old 01-30-2014, 03:07 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with that. We really need to keep this thread for real Zac news related to his projects and appearances and leave out the silly lists. Once we get to defending him, we tend to disagree and really we all have the common goal of supporting Zac's career

Old 01-30-2014, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm used to people misunderstanding me or not quite understanding my sarcasm I agree though, it really isn't the kind of thing that is relevant as far as 'news' goes. I think that there's so much commentary online that you could just Google "Zac Efron" and find all sorts of silly things that really aren't worth our time or consideration, just people being critical for the sake of being critical.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartunprepared (View Post)
I'm used to people misunderstanding me or not quite understanding my sarcasm I agree though, it really isn't the kind of thing that is relevant as far as 'news' goes. I think that there's so much commentary online that you could just Google "Zac Efron" and find all sorts of silly things that really aren't worth our time or consideration, just people being critical for the sake of being critical.
I swear you read my mind literally!! I just said to myself "we can all google zac on any given day and find out he sucks, we really dont have to post it though"

ETA: BIG NEWS you guys!!

Neighbors is going to SXSW in Austin, TX, March 7 to 15. If we are lucky, Zac will attend!!!

http://variety.com/interstitial/?ref...1201076762%2F#

Last edited by Define Obsession; 01-30-2014 at 01:51 PM