Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

Zac Fanfiction #31: because the authors should stop exchanging "Mamihlapinatapei" and all just update together

For all those new to the fanfiction scene, below is a list of stories that are considered to be of high quality and “must reads” to start you off on your journey through the wonderful land of fanfiction. The list is broken up into the relevant categories, and then further broken up into groups depending on whether the story has been completed, in the process of being written (and the frequency of updates/last time updated), or just oneshots. I would like to point out four things about the following list of stories.
  1. All stories below are there because we think they are of high quality and are ones you should definitely check out. Regardless of how old the story is or how frequently the story is updated; they’re all good stories, so don’t just skip over all the stories that aren’t frequently updated, because I promise that you will be missing out on an amazing story. We wouldn't have listed the story if it wasn't.
  2. Several of the stories have a strike through them. This means that at the current time the story is unavailable to be read, but will be up again at some point.
  3. Whilst the list below is quite extensive, that does not mean that it contains every single high quality, “must read” story out there. You might find that you favor different writing styles to the ones listed below, in which case I’d suggest that the best way to find other stories you might like is to check out the favorite authors and stories listed by the authors that you do like. There are other ways of finding good stories, so don’t think that just because the story isn’t listed below, that it isn’t a good story.
  4. Some of the stories that were previously listed in the opening post (OP) have been deleted because they no longer existed on the server they had been posted on, or led to an inconclusive place (i.e. FanFiction.Net deleted the story, it led to a locked LiveJournal page, so on and so forth). No offense is made to be taken from the deletion. If you remember your story being one of the ones that was deleted and have since posted it elsewhere, share it with the thread, and further steps can be taken from there.
But enough with that, happy reading everyone! Hope to see you all dropping by with comments about your favorite stories soon!
17 Again (Mike(Mark)/Scarlet):
Completed:
Work In Progress/Incomplete:
Oneshots:
Hairspray (Link/Tracy):
Completed:
Last updated over 12 months ago:Last updated under 12 months ago:
Oneshots:
High School Musical (Troy/Gabriella):
Completed:
Last updated over 12 months ago:Last updated over 6 months ago:Usually updated within 3-6 months:Usually updated within 3 months:
Oneshots:
The Suite Life (Trevor/Corrie):
Completed:
Last updated over 12 months ago:Usually updated within 3-6 months:
Oneshots:
Zac/Nikki:
Completed:Work in Progress:Oneshots:
Zac/Vanessa:
Completed:
Last updated over 6 months ago: Usually updated within 3 months:
Oneshots:
Please note that stories are not automatically added to the OP. However, stories that are considered to be of high quality by the readers, writers and posters of the thread, will be added accordingly. If you think that there is a story that isn't currently in the OP, should be, recommend it and it might be added.
The Places we read: Ficwad, FanFictionNet & The Music in Me
Last Updated: June 8

Abigail ~ Icon

Last edited by scabbyabby; 06-11-2009 at 08:43 AM
Old 06-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Pretty new thread! Thanks Abby
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora147 (View Post)
I was wondering where you were! I had left my comment about do people want me to open and it was like ages before anyone said anything. I was really buying time because I knew you wanted your name under both and you currently had this one. I'm such a good friend
We had no food in the house so we went out for dinner. Then I got stranded at Barnes & Noble for 2 hours while my dad went to the supermarket and Adam was at youth group. Then when we got home we had to say bye to our neighbours because they leave for Wisconsin for the rest of the summer tomorrow. I had only just got home.

A few minutes earlier...

You are an amazing friend though for buying time for me.

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

for the new thread Thanks Abigail

I really love the banner that Kelly made. I love our thread over here

And to celebrate the title...

Mahmilalahoweveryouspellit
Spoiler:

And Abigail, I'm sure you found it totally tragic being stranded in Barnes & Noble
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Absolute Fan

I B&N. I once spent three hours at one of those just perusing the books. It's where I discovered the wonders of the book **** and its sequel Catfight, oh yeah, and The Big Book of Ifs. Oh...good times. I love our thread over here too Dani. All nice and pretty.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

It was so tragic.
I spent forever choosing a new planner and then I finally found Life & Death on the bargain shelf. There was just 2 copies.... the same 2 copies that were 'lost' in the back storeroom last time I visited the store.

I just updated the OP can you check I haven't messed anything up.

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Looks amazing Abby
Old 06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

thanks Abigail

now updates
Old 06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup all good

I mentioned to Diana in my review about the difference in spelling so we'll have to take note whether she changes the spelling of the title in her actual fic and if she does we may have to actually edit that link
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Dany!
It sure is early for you!

You should read out title's namesake if you want a new fic to start.

Dani, I feel like she has spelt it wrong accidently in the title. We shall see.
I have edited enough for now. I had to move ROR and put in Mamihlapinatapei! I am so not technical... I worry the whole time.

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 06-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

yep it is early
but i woke up and found Famously in love in my mails so
Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

I could barely contain myself when I came home and found it in my inbox all neatly wrapped with a bow too.

Even though I knew it was being updated today it was still a suprise.

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 06-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabbyabby (View Post)
I have edited enough for now. I had to move ROR and put in Mamihlapinatapei! I am so not technical... I worry the whole time.
I was the same way. When I first copied and pasted the code into a word document, my eyes widens and I shut the document as quickly as I had opened it. It's intimidating.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Abigail - yeah, I think it was a typo in the title. Diana is on my LJ and she spelt (spelled? ) it MamI with an I there.

Dany - oh, do you read FIL? And here I was thinking you literally only read DF and TDOU (and PF, sometimes, )
Old 06-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Dani - FIL is like a little distraction from the others
this Troy is has just caught me in the first chapter and then i kept reading

and PF is not sometimes anymore cuz i'm on 100%

cuz DF is over soon i brought my reading to 3 fics count again