Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Zac FanFiction #30: Because "raindrops on roses" and fanfic updates are a few of our favourite things

For all those new to the fanfiction scene, below is a list of stories that are considered to be of high quality and “must reads” to start you off on your journey through the wonderful land of fanfiction. The list is broken up into the relevant categories, and then further broken up into groups depending on whether the story has been completed, in the process of being written (and the frequency of updates/last time updated), or just oneshots. I would like to point out four things about the following list of stories.
  1. All stories below are there because we think they are of high quality and are ones you should definitely check out. Regardless of how old the story is or how frequently the story is updated; they’re all good stories, so don’t just skip over all the stories that aren’t frequently updated, because I promise that you will be missing out on an amazing story. We wouldn't have listed the story if it wasn't.
  2. Several of the stories have a strike through them. This means that at the current time the story is unavailable to be read, but will be up again at some point.
  3. Whilst the list below is quite extensive, that does not mean that it contains every single high quality, “must read” story out there. You might find that you favor different writing styles to the ones listed below, in which case I’d suggest that the best way to find other stories you might like is to check out the favorite authors and stories listed by the authors that you do like. There are other ways of finding good stories, so don’t think that just because the story isn’t listed below, that it isn’t a good story.
  4. Some of the stories that were previously listed in the opening post (OP) have been deleted because they no longer existed on the server they had been posted on, or led to an inconclusive place (i.e. FanFiction.Net deleted the story, it led to a locked LiveJournal page, so on and so forth). No offense is made to be taken from the deletion. If you remember your story being one of the ones that was deleted and have since posted it elsewhere, share it with the thread, and further steps can be taken from there.
But enough with that, happy reading everyone! Hope to see you all dropping by with comments about your favorite stories soon!
17 Again (Mike(Mark)/Scarlet):
Completed:
Work In Progress/Incomplete:
Oneshots:
Hairspray (Link/Tracy):
Completed:
Last updated over 12 months ago:Last updated under 12 months ago:
Oneshots:
High School Musical (Troy/Gabriella):
Completed:
Last updated over 12 months ago:Last updated over 6 months ago:Usually updated within 3-6 months:Usually updated within 3 months:
Oneshots:
The Suite Life (Trevor/Corrie):
Completed:
Last updated over 12 months ago:Usually updated within 3-6 months:
Oneshots:
Zac/Nikki:
Completed:Work in Progress:Oneshots:
Zac/Vanessa:
Completed:
Last updated over 6 months ago: Usually updated within 3 months:
Oneshots:
Please note that stories are not automatically added to the OP. However, stories that are considered to be of high quality by the readers, writers and posters of the thread, will be added accordingly. If you think that there is a story that isn't currently in the OP, should be, recommend it and it might be added.
The Places we read: Ficwad, FanFictionNet & The Music in Me
Last Updated: June 8

Last edited by heartunprepared; 06-07-2009 at 07:00 PM
Old 06-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Absolute Fan

New thread!

Thanks Dani!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

Thank you, Dani! Love this title

And just Why is my head lost in a world of psychoanalysis and literary theory? Why can't my degree be about Troy and Gabriella?

Any selfless authors willing to provide something to help me procrastinate will be appropriately rewarded
Old 06-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome guys Let me know if there is anything you want added/changed/updated in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1estone (View Post)
Why can't my degree be about Troy and Gabriella?
I ask myself this question every day.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:49 AM
Absolute Fan

I'd take majoring in fanfiction.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Aww Kate
Perhaps new stories to cheer you up although the other one is quite depressing

Fight with Food, a High School Musical fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Summary: The seniors at East High want to spend their last day of high school making sure everyone remembers them and a food fight is exactly what will do it. Of course, this all started because of Troy Bolton and Chad Danforth.

Flight 447, a High School Musical fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Flight 447. Disappeared. Modern airliners do not just go missing. They don't just disappear. How ironically ****ed up it all was. That she should lose the one thing she had held so tightly onto. Fate was playing her, and what a cruel game it was.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just gonna put this here again to make sure no one misses it.

New fic from hsm07

Time Warp, a High School Musical fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Quote:
The past is meant to stay in the past. We're just not meant to know what happened. Well that's Troy's and Gabriella's job. They uncover the truth. They're the ones who serve out justice. They're murder detectives who stumble upon more than just a mystery.
__

There is a Bachelor of Creative Writing at a uni in Brisbane, I wonder if they have FanFiction as a major within that
Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, what about ones with Troy/Sharpay, Troy/Kelsi, & Troy/Taylor?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

a new thread! #30 as well. A big for Zaccy's thread!
A Sound of Music/Nel inspired title.

I really need to stop this sleeping business, threads being killed when I'm not around is unacceptable.

So, can we get anymore updates for our pretty new thread?

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

New thread, thanks Dani.
New story aswell.

I'm dying for a PF update.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Dani!

I've found some time to come on and write... not going too well though, as my iPhone is playing up.

Updates? Pretty please with Troy and Gabriella on top!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Aww Tamy

Hopefully your juices will start flowing and people will answer you update please.

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Abby!

yeah, I'm thinking I need do this fic differently to how I planned, and start in the action, so to speak!

I know! I mean, come on authors! How can you resist Troy and Gabriella on top of a beautiful, glistening

PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

I say write whatever springs to mind first. Getting something jotted down feels more fulfilling than staring at nothing.

I'm a planner but with writing it doesn't matter if there is a plan written because some stories have a mind of their own.

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

It's quite amusing to be honest, because there I was unhappily attempting to get out what I was trying to say, and it just wasn't working. So, I opened a fresh page of OpenOffice, and just typed whatever sprang to mind, and now I have a random paragraph, that somehow seems to fit in with said "not-as-perfectly-planned-as-I-would-like-it-to-be" fic.