Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Zac FanFiction #133 ~ Because in fan-fic, Troy lives on forever and takes us along for the ride

Banner by Kelly (Time4Love)
For all those new to the fanfiction scene, below is a list of stories that are considered to be of high quality and “must reads” to start you off on your journey through the wonderful land of fanfiction. The list is broken up into the relevant categories, and then further broken up into groups depending on whether the story has been completed, in the process of being written (and the frequency of updates/last time updated), or just oneshots. I would like to point out four things about the following list of stories.
  1. All stories below are there because we think they are of high quality and are ones you should definitely check out. Regardless of how old the story is or how frequently the story is updated; they’re all good stories, so don’t just skip over all the stories that aren’t frequently updated, because I promise that you will be missing out on an amazing story. We wouldn't have listed the story if it wasn't.
  2. Several of the stories have a strike through them. This means that at the current time the story is unavailable to be read, but will be up again at some point.
  3. Whilst the list below is quite extensive, that does not mean that it contains every single high quality, must read story out there. You might find that you favor different writing styles to the ones listed below, in which case I’d suggest that the best way to find other stories you might like is to check out the favorite authors and stories listed by the authors that you do like. There are other ways of finding good stories, so don’t think that just because the story isn’t listed below, that it isn’t a good story.
  4. Some of the stories that were previously listed in the opening post (OP) have been deleted because they no longer existed on the server they had been posted on, or led to an inconclusive place (i.e. FanFiction.Net deleted the story, it led to a locked LiveJournal page, so on and so forth). No offense is made to be taken from the deletion. If you remember your story being one of the ones that was deleted and have since posted it elsewhere, share it with the thread, and further steps can be taken from there.
But enough with that, happy reading everyone! Hope to see you all dropping by with comments about your favorite stories soon!
17 Again (Mike(Mark)/Scarlet):
Completed:
Work In Progress/Incomplete:
Oneshots:
Hairspray (Link/Tracy):
Completed:
Last updated over 12 months ago:Last updated under 12 months ago:
Oneshots:
High School Musical (Troy Bolton/Gabriella Montez):
Completed:
Last updated over 12 months ago:
Last updated over 6 months ago:
Usually updated within 3-6 months:
Usually updated within 3 months:
Oneshots:
Troy Bolton – Other Pairings
Completed:
Last updated over 6 months ago:
Usually updated within 6 months:
The Suite Life (Trevor/Corrie):
Completed:
Oneshots:
Zac/Nikki:
Completed:Work in Progress:Oneshots:
Zac/Vanessa:
Completed:
Last updated over 6 months ago: Usually updated within 3 months:
Please note that stories are not automatically added to the OP. However, stories that are considered to be of high quality by the readers, writers and posters of the thread, will be added accordingly. If you think that there is a story that isn't currently in the OP, should be, recommend it and it might be added.
The Places we read: Ficwad, FanFictionNet & The Music in Me
Last Updated: June 20,2011 (Shelle)
(Beware of ghosts in the thread)

"Don't follow your dreams, chase them"
Old 05-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening

I cant believe it's been two years since I spent all that time updating the OP

Shelle
Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

It certainly is loaded with information YIKES!!

You guys aren't going to believe this. I couldn't fall asleep earlier so I picked up my phone and found myself searching on Pandora147's page and came across Serendipity I always hear you guys mention that one but never realized Dani wrote it So yeah, I'm on chapter 17 now! I seriously need to stay out of here It's soooooo good

Last edited by Define Obsession; 05-15-2013 at 01:45 AM
Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was so fun to write too!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 AM
Elite Fan

It really is wonderful Dani. TY for sharing it with us!!

I think I love it more than TSN but it is kinda sad too, that I am 1/3 of the way thru it already and will likely finish by the end of the day. I am reading now actually. We ran COMPLETELY out of work an hour ago (I'm so mad) so I am trying hard to stay awake and reading is probably not the best answer for that come to think of it Anyway, 30 minutes to go and I can sign off, GRRRR!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really love doing all the research of the Bay area, I did a lot of it also for my Someday fanfic so it was great to be able to reuse a lot of it It was just really fun for me to write something loose with little pressure - I guess that part of me that wants to write a novel or something enjoyed getting the creative juices flowing and not being restricted to characterisation as much as I do with Someday, and not having that pressure for something epic like I feel with TSN.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

That's awesome. I'm glad you were inspired to write this one. I'm on ch 27 now and I love how quick the relationship blossomed but with such restraint, even though they want to rip eachother's clothes off

Old 05-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacFanForever (View Post)

I think I love it more than TSN.....

Icon by Joyce
Old 05-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Uh oh! Dani upset Tess

I adore Serendipity, it's my go to easy read fic, no drama just love

Shelle
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

I finished Serendipity just now and it's official. I have now lost another best friend! That was so good, it's just like Shelle said, no drama, just love

Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What else of mine should I make you read.... maybe my ficlet on LJ about Robot Unicorn Attack
Old 05-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Omg RUA! Haven't played that in ages!

Icon by Joyce
Old 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartunprepared (View Post)
What else of mine should I make you read.... maybe my ficlet on LJ about Robot Unicorn Attack
What in the world?? But really, I don't know why I say 'lost my best friend' because the thing I love about FF is that actually you never really lose anything because the characters just keep reinventing themselves for me I really have enjoyed all the Troy's and Gabriella's that I have met.

As far as Serendipity, since I read it directly after CD and SDFH, I couldn't help but keep waiting for someone to clobber Gabriella in the hallway or some snake in the grass try to blackmail Troy I was happy when none of that happened here

Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you were waiting for the drama to happen.

What are you going to read now? There are so many to choose from

Shelle
Old 05-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormySky (View Post)
you were waiting for the drama to happen.

What are you going to read now? There are so many to choose from
I totally was, I laughed at myself several times. Serendipity was actually a great starter read for someone like me because it was truly delightful without the drama. Just happy reading (hence the perfect title)

What am I going to read. I have gotten a little out of order here but what is the one Dani suggested that has Gabi working for the Boltons and Troy has a litle brother and sister (weird). Troy shows up back home to visit and finds Gabi in the kitchen and sparks fly I read the first couple pages. That is the one I had originally intended to read next but I bumped it to read Serendipity.