Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0velie (View Post)
Mo's straight forward and that's the reason all of the Wildcat's trust her! Imagine Corbin calling her in the middle of the night for girl problems! So cute!
OMG! She can be totally Pro-BleuSong!

beautiful creatures
Old 08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Definitely!

BTW Jill did you catch Brenda "dancing like Corbin" yesterday during the Simon Says for DC Games? So cute!
Old 08-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Uh, no! I so want to though. I just can't wait to see her sing tonight! You all get to hear her really sing

beautiful creatures
Old 08-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrenay (View Post)
Uh, no! I so want to though. I just can't wait to see her sing tonight! You all get to hear her really sing
yay!
Old 08-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

so i'm thinking i may actually go inside the park now, as appose to just waiting for them to go on the red carpet

Quote:
For anyone in the LA area planning to make the trip to Disneyland, there are no tickets to the screening available. I hear fans will be allowed to line up to watch the red carpet which opens at 4:30. Earlier in the day the cast will spend some time at California Adventure, where there is a really fun daily "High School Musical" attraction and then hold a press conference. Be sure to check Access Hollywood.com for all the action. Billy Bush will have a special position at the front of the carpet and I'll have my own spot for interviews as well.

I'm taking your questions with me for the HSM2 cast as well as other Disney stars expected to be there from "Suite Life of Zach and Cody", "Hannah Montana" and others. So, please send me your comments this week with your questions, your name, city and state and I will try and get them asked.
Source: Blogs | Access Hollywood: A Very Special HSM2 Screening

there's an entire article about the screening they had Thursday night.. && i'm so mad.. i didn't know Zac && Ash helped co-host the weekend edition of Access! i missed it did anyone get a chance to see it?
Old 08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

did anyone ever get CAPS from the ABC News interview?
Old 08-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was an awesome interview. Snaps to Zachary! Jill, the letters are wokring babes.

And Momo! She was too funny. I swear. I like fell in with her again.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0velie (View Post)
*SNAPS* for Zac!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I love him so much, it hurts.

Source
Quote:
Having fun with Lucas Grabeel and 'HSM2'
There was a time not so long ago when teen heartthrob Lucas Grabeel was like any number of kids trying to scratch their way to top in Hollywood. That is to say, pretty much invisible to his fans when he wasn't on the small screen.

Less than six months after arriving on the West Coast in 2004, the Springfield, Mo., resident had landed his first big job, a leading role in the Disney Channel original movie "Halloweentown High." Yet to keep paying the bills after the movie wrapped, he had to go back to his old job at the Sherman Oaks Blockbuster store.

"Kids would recognize me," recalls Grabeel on a telephone interview from his home in Los Angeles, where he was taking some much-needed time off between projects. "But they wouldn't believe I was actually the guy from the movie because I was working at Blockbuster."

That all changed, of course, when the Disney phenomenon known as "High School Musical" premiered on Jan. 20, 2006, sending millions of pre-pubescent and tween girls into a paroxysm of idol worship. Suddenly, Grabeel, who was cast as Ryan Evans, the genial if somewhat-dimwitted twin brother of mean girl Sharpay, was not only being recognized on the street but touted by the media as one of the next big things.

MC of the live "HSM" concert tour that followed a year later across the United States and in South America, he made the list of Teen People's "25 Hottest Stars Under 25" issue and was also named as one of Teen Vogue's Young Hollywood stars.

With Friday's debut of the hotly anticipated "High School Musical 2" (8 p.m., Disney Channel), in which Grabeel reprises the role, his star is bound to shine brighter -- and not just because he's one of the film's better singers and dancers.

"It's really exciting, because Ryan has a big arc of character in the film. He kind of changes and breaks away from his sister, and finds himself on his own with the Wildcats."

Set in a ritzy country club during the Wildcats' summer vacation, "HSM2" features a lot more music and dancing than the original. Still, as directed by the Emmy Award-winning Kenny Ortega, it will feature many of the same themes (peer pressure, competing cliques, the importance of following your own path).

"The musical numbers are really colorful," Grabeel says. "I think kids are gonna dig it."

Life often imitates art, so the actor doesn't mind if people identify him with the part, even though in real life he's the complete opposite. Well, almost. Though he steers clear of pastels, he has been known to don hats like his character wore in the movies (but not as "sparkly").

"I'm a very secretive person as it is, so I kind of like the ambiguity of Ryan," he says. "I don't really care what people think about me. I'm going to try to do things that make people think and wonder."

Not that he's feeling any pressure on his young shoulders. One of your more grounded rising stars (he prefers watching movies and playing music to the Hollywood premiere and party circuit), the 23-year-old doesn't buy into the notion that actors alone are responsible for the success of a movie. Nor does he believe that a career can be made -- or destroyed -- by a single role.

"I don't look at it like, this film represents me and everything I'm about," says Grabeel, "because so many people are involved [in its production] and there are so many different elements." In fact, he continues, he doesn't really understand why actors so much of the time are the ones promoting a film, when they arguably do the least amount of work. "They should be talking to the editors and producers, but of course they don't want to do that because they're not pretty."

Maybe that's why, some 18 months into this crazy, "HSM"-fueled ride toward stardom, he's still not completely comfortable in the spotlight and is still surprisingly sweet. (Before hanging up, he asks you to tell your kids he says "hi.") Not that it's been horrible or that some parts of it haven't been fun; the live concert tour, he admits, was "the best two months of my life." It's just not . . . him.

Though he always wanted to act, Grabeel maintains he never wanted to be famous; his next two projects -- a supporting role in "Alice," based on a children's book series, and the lead in "The Adventures of Food Boy," a comedy about a boy who can create food with his hands -- are both independent films.

He admires the careers of the likes of Daniel Day Lewis, who comes out of the shadows every once in a while (he's made only eight movies in the past 15 years) and does exactly what he likes.

"I'm all about happiness," Grabeel says. "I can make an awesome time out of nothing."
No doubt in my mind Lucas will be the most successful out of all the Wildcats.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Chelsy!

Lucas!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lucas!
↳Adie | Tumblr | icon
Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Lucas
Old 08-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Funny things happen when you get the LTD Commodities catalog and you get excited over seeing this -

and then curiosity gets the best of you and you go searching the site and then you see this -
&

beautiful creatures
Old 08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Omg. I want like 95% of this.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw that looking at my LTD Commodities catalog the other day too.

Thanks for the article Chelsy.

the ABC NEWS interview. Thanks for the link.

Last edited by butterflygoodbye; 08-13-2007 at 04:31 PM