Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

my dad would wear the same clothes, when he wanted to look 'cool'.. or some G-Star jeans.. and that cap.. gosh he would look too embarassing!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Just got home after a night at the club, and OMG, first thing i see is that pic !!!

He's soooo adorkable
Wicked is my religion
- The Regent is my church -
Old 03-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the picture, it's awesome!!

Bring on this film already...or at least some more news *is ashamed to be so impatient*
Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Extreme Fan

* is keeping her Twin company in Ashamed Land *
Wicked is my religion
Old 03-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jewel~ (View Post)
I don't think he'll be embarrassed. He's an actor.
Besides, he did "Bet On It", is there something that can top that scene? (just kidding, I love BOI!!!)
You better be kidding! BOI is loveeeeeeeeeeee!

I love Star Wars - but even I`m not gonna go see the animated movie. Then again, I`m not obsessed like some people..
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jewel~ (View Post)
I don't think he'll be embarrassed. He's an actor.
Besides, he did "Bet On It", is there something that can top that scene? (just kidding, I love BOI!!!)
Hahaha Jules IA but BOI is my guilty pleasure lol
Old 03-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgreywhite (View Post)
Thanks for the picture, it's awesome!!

Bring on this film already...or at least some more news *is ashamed to be so impatient*

*is feeling just as impatient as you are!*

News...a trailer....something!

the more I hear the more intrigued I am!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Nessa (View Post)
You better be kidding! BOI is loveeeeeeeeeeee!
You know I adore BOI!
We were two of the few people who actually defended that scene last summer. Poor Zac. All those mean people were laughing at him.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I know you love it Zac!Sista
I know.. some people were being meanies! Poor Zac And the watching the BTS of BOI made me love it even more...
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by write2me (View Post)
News...a trailer....something!
Yes, please ?!?
Wicked is my religion
Old 03-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *°*Peryne*°* (View Post)
Yes, please ?!?

Seriously, who do we have to beg? *is ready to grovel*
Old 03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Again, only a brief drive by before I'm off to work...

There is an article on Variety which briefly touches on release dates from New Line movies.

Here are the relevant parts:
Quote:
And Warner Bros. has decided to keep the release dates planned for the first three New Line films it will distribute in the wake of the downsizing of that former mini-major.

Warners will open New Line's "Harold and Kumar: Escape From Guantanamo" on April 25; "Sex and the City" on May 30; and "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D" on July 11. Warners did not go beyond these three titles in terms of release plans for New Line's slate, which it is now in charge of distributing.
It seems that Warner has really taken over the distribution and hasn't decided on anything outside what was already set and announced by New Line a while ago.

I'm actually happy about this because in my opinion 15 August is a terrible idea and it can only get better. With the current slate of other movies opening on that Friday (and the hold overs from the week before), 17 Again is going to be crushed on the opening weekend and with that the total box office will be in the crapper. And if Zac's movie bombs at the box office, it'll certainly take his career a step back and make it much harder for him (it doesn't need to be a blockbuster but he can't afford it to bomb either).

For people who are interested, here is an interesting movie clip from ShoWest about movie marketing and the role of the box office on opening weekend (and watch until the end - especially Adam Fogelman from U, starting at 2:45, summarizes it well at the end). This also explains why I'm so bitchy and persistent about the release date.

There is also another article on Variety about New Line appointing a new president of production after they just named a new president and COO a couple of days before. That report confirms again that Warner has completely taken over the distribution of completed New Line movies. I guess I'm trying to say that everything coming out of New Line has to be taken with a grain of salt at the moment - the company who calls the shots is Warner and until they announce a release date for 17 Again, nothing is definitive, including the one on IMDb.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that Bee. I see your point about the release date. I'd like to see the movie sooner rather than later but at the same time I want Zac to do well. What do you think would be a good release day for it? Before or after the 15th?

Would sending in emails help at all?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Bee !

Now, maybe we can hope again they'll pick a better release date =) *crossing fingers*
Wicked is my religion
Old 04-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezbee (View Post)
Again, only a brief drive by before I'm off to work...

There is an article on Variety which briefly touches on release dates from New Line movies.

Here are the relevant parts:

It seems that Warner has really taken over the distribution and hasn't decided on anything outside what was already set and announced by New Line a while ago.

I'm actually happy about this because in my opinion 15 August is a terrible idea and it can only get better. With the current slate of other movies opening on that Friday (and the hold overs from the week before), 17 Again is going to be crushed on the opening weekend and with that the total box office will be in the crapper. And if Zac's movie bombs at the box office, it'll certainly take his career a step back and make it much harder for him (it doesn't need to be a blockbuster but he can't afford it to bomb either).

For people who are interested, here is an interesting movie clip from ShoWest about movie marketing and the role of the box office on opening weekend (and watch until the end - especially Adam Fogelman from U, starting at 2:45, summarizes it well at the end). This also explains why I'm so bitchy and persistent about the release date.

There is also another article on Variety about New Line appointing a new president of production after they just named a new president and COO a couple of days before. That report confirms again that Warner has completely taken over the distribution of completed New Line movies. I guess I'm trying to say that everything coming out of New Line has to be taken with a grain of salt at the moment - the company who calls the shots is Warner and until they announce a release date for 17 Again, nothing is definitive, including the one on IMDb.
Thank you for bringing this over. I honestly have/had no idea how things like that work but I watched the clip and I understand what he's saying.
As to that, I hope they will change the release date into a date that would be better for the movie. I'd rather have the movie do well and wait a little than get it quickly and the movie not doing well.

Have you got any ideas yourself, Bee, about a proper release date?