Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

"Nevada Day, Part II"- 11/13 Episode Discussion

"Nevada Day, Part II"

Jack must get Tom out of jail to make it back for his show that night; tension heats up between Matt and Harriet.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread cellie

Looking forward to read everyones thoughts
Old 11-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome, Cellie
Old 11-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Since the episode airs early in Canada, I downloaded it this morning and watched it a couple of hours ago. I really enjoyed it - especially the Matt and Harriet scene at the end. That was sweet.

*says nothing else til people have seen it*
Old 11-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Well the folks in the Central time zone just saw it

It was a GREAT episode! The dialogue was superb as always, the entire Nevada escapade was hilarious! I love John Goodman. Tom and his brother just broke my heart. I still want to know why he was speeding, but I'm glad they decided to wait on it.

Then when Jack told off the Chinese guy I was like HELLS YES! Jack has grown on me so much. Jack and Danny are both smitten with Jordan. It's all over their faces. I normally HATE triangles, but this one I don't mind, yet.

Then when Danny got back, him and Hariett in the office, I love Hariett I just do. The entire scene was great.

The Matt/Hariett scene at the end, I was just grinning the whole way through, my mom said "kiss him!" and I said nope, they won't. I cannot wait for next week though!!

Matt, Hariett, Ginnie and Dylan and the whole News 60 thing was great. Jordan and her dry sense of humor was great. Jordan is great, I don't know how she's gonna get herself out of the mess next week but she will or one of her men will, I know that much.

It was another great episode, I'm dying to see the ratings, I can't wait for next week, I'm sure I've left out tons, I realize this is one huge run-on, I realize I used "great" about 20 times, I'm fixing to go look for caps, and oh did I mention I cannot wait for next week?
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 11-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Passionate Fan

*wishes they would post these episodes on YouTube so I can rewatch them over and over and over again*

Such a good episode. I was in total O.M.G mode when everything with Tom finally fell into place. It was just wow.

What was up with Dylan though (that's his name right)? I didn't really understand his whole thing with the news. Was it just that he didn't want to take Simon's seat since he's only a rookie? Or was it because he's not confident enough to do the news?

Oh and why did Jack say he didn't have a seat on the board? That little bit at the end confused me. (Although it could be because I was still confused from Heroes, but that's a whole other story!)

I'm starting to *heart* the whole Matt/Harriet thing. I'm not quite there, yet, but I'm beginning to see it.

Oh and I want to add tidbit, I totally agree with everything! Jordan and her dry sense of humor--I totally relate sometimes! lol.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Anyone else adore the line "I'm not white, I'm English" I thought it was hilarious.

Hee. And Danny pestering the stewardess about whether the plane was flying as fast as it could.
without alcohol.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

iheartbsb, i agree about warming up to matt/harriet. i loved all of tonite's ep. especially when matt said to harriet, "it makes me want to hit you over the head with liberaci!"
Old 11-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Matt and Harriet are really good at arguing.

Quote:
What was up with Dylan though (that's his name right)? I didn't really understand his whole thing with the news. Was it just that he didn't want to take Simon's seat since he's only a rookie? Or was it because he's not confident enough to do the news?
He wasn't comfortable doing a bit that didn't have him as a character or some sort of out there personality. It was a body image thing.

Quote:
Oh and why did Jack say he didn't have a seat on the board? That little bit at the end confused me. (Although it could be because I was still confused from Heroes, but that's a whole other story!)
He was saying he's not on the board in charge of Jordon's job so he couldn't help her keep her job very much. He didn't have much say in her keeping her job.
without alcohol.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
Anyone else adore the line "I'm not white, I'm English" I thought it was hilarious.
Absolutely! I love Lucy Davis, I've been dying for her to get more to do. And they gave her character a name! Even though it was only Lucy, hee.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jack and Danny are both smitten with Jordan.
Oh they are. They can argue it all they want but they SO are.

I really loved Jack's second outburst. It showed he loves his job and truly respect the people he works with... and he defended Jordan's honor!!! What's there not to love about that? "I could kiss you all over the face". Me too! I also like that there was a witness to that.

Loved Matt/Harriet's last scene. Really cute.

I love Jordan's dry sense of humor
Old 11-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Christine. It all makes much more sense now. hehe.

Okay, one question, what do you think the purpose is of having Jack's status be married? (That does not sound grammatically correct, but I think you get the jist.)
Old 11-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

[sadly] I don't think there's gonna be a real Danny/Jordan/Jack triangle... I don't see them taking that route with Jack married. I think the purpose of the wife was to give more credit to Jack's character from the start. The first Jack scene was a dinner he was hosting with his wife for the company afterall...
Old 11-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Oh my god. I think this was my favorite episode so far.

At first I didn't really like Jordan but now I love her! And I get her dry humor.

Love the scene at the end where the writer is sobbing incoherent words in Matt's office, Danny comes in and immediately gets it and Matt's all, "You're back". Hilarious.

Loved Jack's outburst and Danny's "I could kiss you all over the face right now".

Matt/Harriet....good god was that scene perfect. Now we know why Matt was so angry that she didn't tell him about the incident. Pity that he wasn't there. I would've loved to see Mad!Matt.

Kick ass episode. Thank you, Sorkin.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartbsb (View Post)
*wishes they would post these episodes on YouTube so I can rewatch them over and over and over again*
You can watch the episodes on nbc. that's where I watch it. I dont have a TV. go to NBC.com, it's there!