Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

"Nevada Day Part 1" (Nov. 6) Episode Discussion

I hope it's alright we do episode discussion posts.

Episode description from TV.com:
Studio 60 staff must travel to Nevada to free Tom from jail in time for the show. Meanwhile, a judge who doesn't care for the show complicates matters.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Hm. weird that I'm the first one to post. I'm almost finished watching and I'm finding it hilarious. All the random things coming together to make a huge calamity is great. I like that Jack was pushing that the Jesus sketch get aired after the judge was getting mad about it. That's never happened before.
without alcohol.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

I missed what happened with Harriet's article. but I felt bad for her because it seems her comments must have been taken out of context.

Poor Tom. He couldn't catch a break tonight!

Old 11-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Passionate Fan

It was a backwards episode. It reminded me of something ER would do. I didn't they'd tell a story in this way this soon, though. Still it was good. It was still humorous. Although I didn't really think the Jesus sketch was funny. But I'd like to know why Tom was speeding. The end really got the show going. I can't wait for next week.

One question though, are Ron and that other guy still around? I feel like Matt always has the actors writing, but we never see the actual writers. Did he get rid of them? It's been a while since I saw the previous two episodes.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

She was asked how she felt about same-sex marriage. She said the bible says its a sin but it also says [don't judge other people (I'm not the person to know bible quotes directly)] and it's for smarter people to decide. The article only quoted the first part.

Juli- writing an episode this way is very Aaron Sorkin. he wrote quite a few episodes of TWW like this.
without alcohol.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really, really liked this episode. It was written extra fantastically and I really liked everyone (for the first time ever). I feel really bad for Tom, though. Poor guy.

I cannot wait for next week.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

I had to cheer tonight so I missed it. I'm trying to wait paitently for NBC to put up the clips. Anyone know of where else I might find them?
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 11-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode. It was the first time that I really liked Jack’s character. To find out he’s really rooting for Jordon was nice. My favorite thing about that episode was the humor, everyone was right on target, loved, loved, loved Nate Corddry.

Tonight, he was so funny. I also am intrigued about the speeding issue. I love Tom’s character, so I hope it’s not anything to bad.

I found the Jesus sketch funny. Networks do funny things; they are still censoring language, even over and above sexual content and violence. I thought it was a nice little dig, and also truthful.

Totally charmed by Matt Perry and his talk about gobos. I direct theatre so I was laughing hysterically about his “you’re talking to me like I know what it means” line. Should be good for another few yucks what with the continuation.

Nice to see John Goodman on t.v. again, if even in a guest starring role. Was always funny on Roseanne.

Mandy
Old 11-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Passionate Fan

I believe this was the second show that John Goodman was on that Aaron Sorkin produced; was the speaker of the house on TWW when Pres. Bartlet's daughter Zoey was kidnapped and Bartlet had to step aside so that Goodman's character could conduct the search for Zoey; can't remember the season that it took place during, but I remember it was at the end of the season in which Zoey graduated from college and was dating that French guy. Anyways, off topic; great show and was very funny I really liked how the humor was used to deflate the serious nature of what was happening. Since I didn't exactly watch all of it due to me flipping around and watching other things on tv, I am going to watch my tape of the episode sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Can't wait to see how Jack gets himself in contempt of court next week.

Luc Bourdon: Feb 16/87 - May 29/08: Forever a Canuck
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He'll figure out some way.

Thanks for letting me know about JG. I actually didn't watch much of The West Wing.

Mandy
Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

This episode was HILARIOUS from head to toe. But in such a smart way that I had to rewind several times to really get the jokes (I am the slowest person on earth). I loved Jordan wanting Jack to "win" a fight and asking Danny to fight him a little before agreeing. And I loved that despite Jack being generally upset by Jordan's doings, it seemed really like he didn't want to have to fire her. Me thinks he really enjoys the fights. And he likes her

Also loved Matt/Danny's scenes. Danny knows Matt so well that he constantly uses it to push him to get better. I dig that. Like I loved Matt/Jordan's little scene.

I think this ep really made me fall for Jack. He just cracked me up the whole time.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpySyd (View Post)
And he likes her
My favorite part.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

I liked the episode.

I love Tom more and more, he's just adorable. It was great how he helped Harriet.

As much as I love Harriet, I wish we would have a storyline for her that doesn't involve comedy, Matt or her religion. It's getting old, I must say.

John Goodman was great, too.

This is the first time that I liked Jack. The scene where Jordan calls him to tell him about Tom was funny. The way he tried to stay calm was hilarious.

Oh, and is it just me or is Amanda Peet showing already? Could swear I saw a little bump.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

The episode started off a little slow for me this week. I didn't get right into it although it quickly found its footing and was really funny. I even liked Jack a lot more this episode. I can't wait until next week to see the resolution.

Yeah, I noticed Amanda Peet was showing. It was one of the first things I spotted. She looks amazing though.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nora* (View Post)
Oh, and is it just me or is Amanda Peet showing already? Could swear I saw a little bump.
I noticed it right away when she first came on, but then I swear it disappeared when she was in the scene with Danny and running up the stairs. lol.