Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

thanks Mel..I am so out of date when it comes to Shane nowadays, its hard keeping up with all these wonderful guys.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

You're welcome. The movie I'm talking about is called Echelon Conspiracy and also starred Ed Burns and Ving Rhames.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Total Fan

I haven't posted here in a while but I thought that I would share the fanmade trailer I made for Shane's movie, "The Lodger"

**Watch in HQ**

Well, this is my first ever video of "The Lodger" and it's a fanmade trailer of the movie. For this trailer I only focused on the Wilkinson/Manning storyline played by Shane West(Street Wilkinson) and Alfred Molina(Chandler Manning).

Also, you'll notice that I haven't put my watermark on this video, and that is because I wanted it to look more like a real trailer. So please don't take this and repost as your own!

If you haven't seen this movie already I suggest that you do, it's a really great thriller/suspense movie! I hope that you like it and please let me know what you think, remember, comments are love

Edited By: DockRock07
Edited With: Sony Vegas Pro 8.0
Music: Buried Alive (MBV OST)

Streaming Links

YOUTUBE || BAMVID

Download Link

4shared
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 12-27-2009, 10:31 PM
New Fan

Anyone a Shane West Fan?

anyone..?
Old 12-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Elite Fan

Hey, there's already a thread for Shane here. You should check it out

Closing this thread.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Total Fan

I just found this and I have to say...what a cutie Shane is! I bolded parts that I thought were extra cute I know that it is an old interview, from sometime in early 2009 I think, but it was new to me and I thought that it might also be new to others

--------

I recently had the chance to speak with Shane West, the talented actor known for his roles in ER, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Once and Again, and more. Shane stars as the late Darby Crash in the new biopic What We Do Is Secret, which tells the true story of the seminal California punk band, The Germs.

Mike Spring: Were you a Germs fan before you got involved with What We Do Is Secret or did the movie kind of expose you to the group and their music?

Shane West: I wouldn’t be able to say I was a fan before I got into the film. I was very much aware of who they were and of Darby Crash. I knew a couple of their songs and a couple of their tracks. I was a big fan of the London punk scene and the New York punk scene.

MS: When you’re playing a real person as opposed to a fictional character, do you have to prepare differently as an actor?

SW: Absolutely. I think everyone has their own methods of doing that, although I don’t think there is necessarily a correct way. I’m not a method actor or anything like that but I never played a real-life human being before. And Darby is deceased, so I hadn’t been able to go talk to him for information but I pretty much studied, as best as I could, his music. I spent time with the band, obviously learning all the songs for the project and then I did a lot of my research for the music with videos, and pretty much immersed myself in the culture of this music that I’d always really been a fan of anyway. It was a great joyride.

MS: With the band being as involved as they were, do you feel like that was a key part in the film’s creative success?

SW: Absolutely. I think everyone from even beyond the band. You should see when the DVD comes out. Check out the special thanks section. It’s about six minutes long. We had a lot of help and thankfully we were blessed to have been helped by the people that did. [Germs member] Pat Smear was our music organizer and between him and John and Lorna, they made us play all of the instruments as correct as they had to be when the Germs were truly bad in the beginning and they grew up to be an amazing punk band. You know, we play all the songs, we sang all the lyrics and Rick, Bijou and Noah play all the instruments. It’s a pretty cool thing. You don’t see that a lot in music movies.

MS: Did you have musical experience coming into this or was this kind of a new thing for you?

SW: Oh, no. Music has been my life. My parents were musicians. We were in a punk band when I was little and I had my own little punk rock band for aboutseven7 years called Johnny Wood. So I had experience live on stage and I knew what to do. I hadn’t been in a scene as harsh as the origins of original punk rock, but I knew all about it. I listened to it. It was a big part of my life. And Bijou has had an album, with a major label actually, and so I had some experience as. Noah and Rick were kind of newbies, beginners, but they caught on incredibly fast and learned their stuff in about a week.

MS: So are we going to see an album from the Shane West Project on iTunes anytime soon?

SW: If I have another band, which I may one day, it will never be called the Shane West Project. [Laughs.] I think I’d love to do another band at some point. I’ve talked to a lot of musicians about putting things together, but if I do it will be along the lines of something like the Germs in the event of just being as real as possible. Not having to worry about signing any sort of record deal or anything.

MS: Well, obviously acting is keeping you pretty busy at the moment. Switching gears a little, I wanted to ask you about ER, just because it’s such a huge TV phenomenon. I mean, there’s really been few very few things like that in television. And I was curious what it was like for you to come into a show that is that popular so far into its run and then becoming an integral part of it.

SW: It was great being a part of one of the cogs of the machine that is ER. You know, I had been on one television show before and that was called Once and Again when I was just becoming 21 and it was a dream come true. First of all it was a great show and I was glad to be a part of that with Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz and that cast and the writers, but it was the perfect show in that everyone got along. It was smooth and it was an absolute sobbing baby crying fest at the end of that run and I didn’t think I would ever do another show. I had heard all sorts of horror stories of people hating each other, horrible hours and all that.

But they gave me the opportunity to do ER and I was a little worried for several reasons. One was, I was one-for-one on the television show front and didn’t know if I wanted to ruin that experience. And two, I didn’t know if I could get that medical dialogue out. It is pretty difficult speaking that jargon. But they gave me an opportunity to suddenly transition into an adult and that was one of the reasons I took it. I was 27, I’m 30 now. They were like, “You’re a first year resident.” [and I thought,] “All right, I can deal with this.” I was trying to grow up quickly as a lot of young actors and actresses do. So, I was very fortunate as ER ended up being another great one. Very fast paced. Very smooth running machine. Great actors, writers and producers involved and another big sappy love fest and to be able to jump on that, I feel blessed. And to be able to leave a mark on that show towards the end of the run, the fact that they have asked me to come back to do a couple of episodes is truly thanks to the fans and I appreciate that for them asking.

MS: Well, you answered my next question which was actually going to be about Once and Again, but you beat me to that punch. So, let me ask you about a different experience, League of Extraordinary Gentleman. That was a big budget, special effects extravaganza, which is really different from pretty much everything else you’ve done so far in your career. Was that a good experience?

SW: Oh, absolutely. I wouldn’t change that one for anything. It made a lot of money and it was a big hit; of course, anybody would have loved that. The fact is that there are still a lot of people that loved it out there and it was a pretty huge, monstrous movie and you’re right; I literally finished my third year on Once and Again and went straight into it. I was surprised I was cast and I was very skinny and didn’t go to the gym at all and I was suddenly in an action film! But it was about six months in Prague. It was the best and worst experience of my life. One night would be glorious and the very next night I would be crying for being that dumb American; pretty much the only American on the project. So it was difficult but then it became a serious bonding experience with Jason Fleming and Tony Kerns, Stuart Townsend and Pete and Sean. It just became a thing where we spent a lot of time together and grew as a family and it was my first European experience, period. I was six months into the Czech Republic so I learned a lot from that and wouldn’t change that for the world.

MS: Can you tell us about what else you have coming up that we can look forward to?

SW: Well, last year I did three films in a row. I did films called Red Sands, The Gift and The Lodger. I just finished a film which I can’t really talk about yet because we haven’t done a release yet. I just finished a cool thriller in Oregon and now I’m in Peru shooting an action film. My first since League, and those two should be released next year. At some point it looks like there might be a good five or six [in a row] which is great, because they are kind of all under the radar and I’m hoping they will all be good. They all have special places in my heart that’s for sure.

MS: Well, Shane, thanks for your time. I enjoyed talking to you.

SW: Thank you.
-------

Source - INTERVIEW: Shane West
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised this place is hopping!

The show Shane is in "Nikita" has been picked up!

I wanted to let those who don't mind being spoiled that I have made a spoiler thread. There is a photo still of Shane. I hope to eventually get all photos from the show (there is another photo of Shane) on the opening pretty soon.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great news about the show!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Total Fan

I have no idea how I forgot to come here lol Thanks for posting the news! I'm so excited for Nikita and can't wait to see it
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope it'll be a success; it looks amazing.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's wonderful news I definitely need to watch the show when it starts
Old 05-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw Shane on TMZ tonight - they were asking him something about germs. He didn't really say much, just something about flying "up in the air." He was so hot!

Old 05-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Total Fan

Damn Ireland, I miss all the good stuff Do you know anywhere would people who didn't see it would be able to?
youtube; twitter; tumblr
Old 05-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've tried looking on the tmz site, but there's no search results for Shane West. I even typed in the date the episode aired and that snippet still doesn't pop up.

In unrelated news: I watched A Walk To Remember today with a group of friends, and I still can't believe only me and one other girl had ever seen it before. They all loved it! And I do too, it's one of those rare movies that I can watch over and over and over again and never get tired of.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love A Walk T Remember myself a lot too I haven't seen the movie in a while and might watch it this week again